Author Topic: Towns  (Read 92154 times)

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
Re: Towns
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2011, 05:32:14 am »

Well,

Google docs, at last, it's screwing me. Now it seems that you need to login to download the file, so... I have to find a new file hoster. Some users had problems with Megaupload so I have to find another one.

I prefer just a file hoster, with no download page and no download wait time. So, if anyone of you knows a good one I will take it in consideration.

Supermalparit
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:57:46 am by supermalparit »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2011, 05:37:26 am »

Did you try www.mediafire.com?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2011, 05:42:24 am »

I supose that mediafire it's like megaupload, rapidshare, .... with download page and with popups/ads/.... so, some users had problems with that.

I wish that the user just clicks on the download link (from my devblog) and the browser directly shows the download window (the save/cancel window). I don't know if exists a free file hoster like that.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2011, 05:46:18 am »

Mediafire has less download wait/ads than other upload services.

Posting to follow. :] Looks good so far.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2011, 07:03:33 am »

Yes, mediafire is great. After you go there you need only one click to download the file.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2011, 08:27:34 am »

You need to add transparancy to that logo's backround, it's bugging me.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2011, 10:13:05 am »

Some guy mentioned Dropbox in the blog. I think it has a good service. If not I'll try with mediafire. Thanks.

You need to add transparancy to that logo's backround, it's bugging me.

You mean the logo of the main menu? Or just my DF forums avatar?
I can't do nothing with transparencies in the main menu, because under the logo there is nothing.
If you're refereing to my DFF avatar... well, I can change it without problems although it doesn't bugging me :P

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2011, 10:16:08 am »

The one that that guy designed for you, avatar and in the OP, the backround isn't transparent and it bugs me.
I'd change it for you but I don't have time as I'm going to the vet with my puppy again today to make sure everythings still going well.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2011, 10:29:40 am »

The one that that guy designed for you, avatar and in the OP, the backround isn't transparent and it bugs me.
I'd change it for you but I don't have time as I'm going to the vet with my puppy again today to make sure everythings still going well.

Hi,

I tried to change the background to black, and maybe it's better than white. You can made the change just editing the "mainmenubg.png" in the "data" folder.
The logo was made by burningpet, I like it as it is (the logo :P). Burningpet said that the logo it's unfinished so, maybe he wants to darker it a little.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2011, 10:37:26 am »

I think he means something like this. But... you know, more professional and not done in a few seconds.

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2011, 10:52:06 am »

I think he means something like this. But... you know, more professional and not done in a few seconds.

Yes, I know. But try to put that image in the "data" folder of the game, and rename it to "mainmenubg.png". Launch the game, and you will see what happens :P
Currently transparencies are not applied in the background logo.

I modified the game code to apply transparencies to the bg logo and, as bellow the logo there are nothing, just the black game window, the logo appears just with black background.

I don't know if I made myself clear.... it's hard (for me) to transalate the spanish phrase into an english one :P Sorry
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:55:26 am by supermalparit »

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2011, 11:14:27 am »

No it's a transparency problem, the backround is white when it is supposed to be transparent alpha.
he probably made it in MS paint which is in its self a real bad idea and unprofessional.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2011, 11:28:31 am »

I am redoing the logo from scratch, as i really dont like it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2011, 11:38:29 am »

'Invalid or corrupt jarfile xaos.jar' :(

supermalparit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Towns devblog
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2011, 12:48:04 pm »

'Invalid or corrupt jarfile xaos.jar' :(

What?

You modified the contents of xaos.jar? If not, maybe it's a Java version issue. I'll investigate that, and, maybe I'll add a "manifest.mf" file inside the the .jar

Until that, can you try to install the lastest Java JDK? You can find the link to official Java downloads page in the blog: http://supermalparit.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37