Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cycling magmatic siegekiller  (Read 7830 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cycling magmatic siegekiller
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:56:31 pm »

Could OP please upload a version of the pics without any lines or notes?  I think I want to write out a step-by-step walkthrough of the logic gates.  The original is nice, but a bit obscure if you're not familiar with fluid logic.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 02:34:11 pm »

This is too cool.  Now I want to try an underwater/magma fort with automatic sealing rooms D=

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 06:05:47 pm »

Could OP please upload a version of the pics without any lines or notes?  I think I want to write out a step-by-step walkthrough of the logic gates.  The original is nice, but a bit obscure if you're not familiar with fluid logic.

Your wish is my command.

Spoiler: Water Logic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Z0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Z-1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Z-2 (click to show/hide)
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »

Ok, I thought everything was open till triggered then cycled and emptied and opened, but i see you have one open which opens the next whenever it cycles.  Smart system mate
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:51 pm »

Ok, I thought everything was open till triggered then cycled and emptied and opened, but i see you have one open which opens the next whenever it cycles.  Smart system mate

This is an evolution of an earlier system just like you described.  However, I found that with a bunch of open, parallel hallways, the way pathing worked meant that ambushes would spread themselves out over three hallways, going just far enough in to trigger and then back out.  That doesn't even cover sieges.  This usually gets an entire ambush in a single hall, and chops up sieges without using too many hallways.  For a super big siege though, you'd probably go through the seven I used without getting them to retreat, so bigger is better.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:01 pm »

I endorse this and heartily await a detailed walkthrough so I don't drown my fortress.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 10:41:16 pm »

I heartily endorse your drowning fortress.  I think I'll try and write up a walkthrough for this tomorrow, and then focus on my similarly-themed Time Delay Mechanics.
Pages: 1 [2]