Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wisdom  (Read 1389 times)

TooBad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wisdom
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:03:30 pm »

Why it bad? Wisdom no bad, but wisdom make bad by bad characters. Why this? Do wisdom no make good by good characters?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

It's part of the joke about how LCS views liberals. Liberals have lots of drive (Heart) but very little experience (Wisdom.)

As they gain experience (not Juice), they lose drive. People joke that the young are liberals and the old are conservatives. This is the joke the game is making. Wisdom is bad in terms of the game because the more wisdom a character has, the stupider and more pointless liberal activities seem. Wise people do not run out and set fire to the Garment Factory or Courthouse. Reckless, impulsive people do.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:10:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:37:06 am »

Pretty much what nenjin said. Wisdom is sensibility, wisdom is tradition, wisdom is in the Bible, wisdom is in trusting the Government, wisdom is acknowledging the dark sides of Liberalism...

And Liberals hate that stuff. While I don't think Liberals oppose "experience" (as long it's Liberal!), it's not the stuff that powers them up - they sort of have a weird groove going on, and 1000 juice Liberals aren't extraordinarily demigod or anything, but just so cool they do awesome stuff.

And about the age, as your characters grow old, they'll lose some heart and gain some wisdom. However, I like the archetype of an aging hippie, just saying =)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Yannanth

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:03 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:24:41 am by Yannanth »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:07:27 pm »

Back in the dark ages of these forums, when there were like thirty registered users and nobody had heard of Dwarf Fortress, Toady confirmed that the faux-Churchill quote is the inspiration for the Heart-Wisdom dynamic. (And it gives a use for Wisdom, which is a D&D stat.)

emissary666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:08:28 pm »

Karl Rove disagrees.
"As people do better they start voting like Republicans- unless they have too much education  and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 10:10:03 pm »

Why you talk like this? Anyways basically what everyone above me said.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.