Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The misadventures of a spearman and his leroy  (Read 4330 times)

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The misadventures of a spearman and his leroy
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 05:24:35 am »

Cool story. This makes me want to start writing a story too :P

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 10:55:06 am »

How many casualties did you suffer from the giant spider, if any?
none. just a few injuries. its kinda hard to kill someone when 5 other people are hitting you with knives in various places.

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 01:58:25 pm »

journal entry days 5-9 of adventuring

We begin to head back to report our success to the king. unfortunately WOLVES! happens.

It is a easy fight and we vanquish the wolves

one of the peasants got really riled up in battle and almost took my head off in her rage! we manage to calm here down though

we arrive at the kings castle

I wonder if the king will mind that were dripping in wolf and spider blood.

we talk to the king and get sent on a quest to kill another creature. I was hoping for something a bit better. oh well

But first we go to a nearby village to hopefully get some better armor.  I end up trading all the elf and human meals for an iron throwing spear,  I think its best not to ask questions in this situation. I also get some new armor for all the knives we found in the spider's layer. Leroy also got himself another belt for all his kills.

We find the layer of the other monster  have to kill. A creature of the night the locals told me.

We enter the layer and confront the beast!

We manage to defeat it thanks to the peasant swarm tactic we have been using lately. We also gather up all the loot except for the meals this time. I dont want to carry the rotting corpses of people all the way to a shop. and head back to the fortress.

is the king mad! He sent me to go kill a rock. Well I guess I have to humor him. Ill just go to the spot on the map, pick up a random pebble then bring it back saying "This is the terrible beasts head!" while pretending to limp.

I look on the map he gave us and I feel this is going to be a long walk

during  one of our naps (of which I am not mentinoing becaus according to the rest of the party no one wants to read about them. well I guess your just going to have to miss the story about mr. cuddle bears and  he time he wrestled a dragon to death.) a cougar awaked us however he was taken care of.

unfortunately there was a fork in the road made from impassable mountains and we took the wrong direction

as we were traveling in the correct direction we were ambushed by goblins!

to be continued

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 11:48:15 pm »

Wow this is cool, I don't often have adventurers as long lived ( and as successful ) as this.  Keep in going !   :)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 04:28:27 pm »

edit: I fixed it ignore this but the original problem was the reason there wasnt an update yesterday
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:33:29 pm by cameron1124 »

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:02 pm »

journal entry days 9-12 of adventuring

We continue fighting the goblins

victory! but at a rather terrible cost. 4 dead and everyone else (except me) seriously wounded.

We travel south east to rest and restock at a nearby town.

As we head towards the lair we are ambushed by more goblins! you would think they were breeding when we werent looking.

we meet a person named *snickers* gateears

we easily win the battle with minimum casualties

we continue on and find the supposed lair that the king was talking about

I start looking around for a decently sized rock to pick up when I stumble upon this!

My liberation of the riches is quickly halted by a...roc That may have been what the king was talking about.

I  order a charge against the beast!

It was defeated suprisingly easily. I head towards what looks like a big pile of treasure and I find two eggs. I store them in my backpack. Maybe I can hatch them and train war rocs!

end journal entry

(on a serious note CAN you train war rocs?)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 01:04:14 am »

Unfortunately you can't train animals in adventure mode right now. And even Rumrusher, master of all things DF-hacking related, concedes to have found no way yet to hatch eggs that have been removed from a nest box/were never in one. Would explain why rocs and dragons can't reproduce at least. :P

We're waiting on Toady One to implement taming creatures in adventure mode (He plans to so far as he's stated so that's a good sign) and maybe incubating and hatching eggs. And megabeast reproduction, because megabeasts and semi-megabeasts do not reproduce at all currently, and it would at least be nice if they could occasionally.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 01:09:18 am »

Nice quest, cameron.  Keep on going! 

P.S. how many "employees" do you have left, Mr. Supervisor?   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 04:12:41 am »

Unfortunately you can't train animals in adventure mode right now. And even Rumrusher, master of all things DF-hacking related, concedes to have found no way yet to hatch eggs that have been removed from a nest box/were never in one. Would explain why rocs and dragons can't reproduce at least. :P

We're waiting on Toady One to implement taming creatures in adventure mode (He plans to so far as he's stated so that's a good sign) and maybe incubating and hatching eggs. And megabeast reproduction, because megabeasts and semi-megabeasts do not reproduce at all currently, and it would at least be nice if they could occasionally.

Let's be careful with that. We do not want civilisations of megabeasts :P

"A force of evil has come  : you are being besieged by rocs. "
Pages: 1 [2]