Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone have any premade huge worlds (my processor can't hand making it)  (Read 1184 times)

Bluehotdog5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so I'm trying to start a new character in adventure mode, and I want to make a really large world with a large history and a lot of beast's. I just tried making it and it froze 15 minutes into the world generation. does anyone have premade large maps sitting around their hard drive?

or anyone else experiencing this problem?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a large island world with 1050 years of history + 17 years of fort + 2 years of adventuring as an elf in full masterwork adamantine gear. Interested?
I can also gen a world for you if you give me the worldgen settings you want.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Bluehotdog5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a large island world with 1050 years of history + 17 years of fort + 2 years of adventuring as an elf in full masterwork adamantine gear. Interested?
I can also gen a world for you if you give me the worldgen settings you want.
thanks dude! that would be great if if you could create a world for me, not sure how you would send me the file though. yea my processor is a crappy single core, plus I'm running Vista which doesn't help. here are the settings

World Size                               Large
History                                 Very Long
Number of Civilizations                 High
Maximum Number of Sites         Very High
Number of Beasts                    Very High
Natural Savagery                     Medium
Mineral Occurrences                Frequent

oh and don't forget to save the image of the map as well
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:05:18 pm by Bluehotdog5 »

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bigass map.

Changes I've made:
Feather tree, sun berry, sliver barb grow everywhere, because otherwise they grow nowhere at all.
Kobolds and dwarves made to survive worldgen by giving them [no_eat][no_drink]. Dwarves had their cheatyface tokens removed after worldgen.
All [exotic_pet] animals are now [pet], because the dungeon master is bugged.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x1a3rqw3i4v9xh0
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Bluehotdog5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks dude, that is one huge map.