Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tale of the Sad Militia Commander  (Read 1260 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Tale of the Sad Militia Commander
« on: June 11, 2013, 02:58:40 pm »

The Tale of the Female Militia Commander

A sad, sad tale.  It began with a band of Dwarf Traders leaving Onullenod Iton Ucat, which means Mirrorseeds the Halls of Beers, who ran into a giant tiger.  The giant tiger attacked them and many died.  Unknown to the Nobles many of the Dwarves of the Fortress went out to collect the items from the dead bodies.   Easy profit to them.

One of these was a small girl.  Bembul Ironstandards.   A two year old - which is old enough for a Dwarf to wander about on their own.

The Militia was sent out to kill the Giant Tiger - not knowing of the citizens and their own actions. 

The female commander Vucar Quakedrive took her other nine warriors into combat.  Only she seemed to enter into the fight.  The tiger was killed but the commander suffered the giant creatures blows and slashes.  In the end she was carried to the hospital by farmer.  Both feet, cut open and damaged, were treated and she was cared for till she could walk.  She will always have problems walking and her left foot was deformed.

On being released she wandered off and attacked SOMEBODY else in their own bedroom!

In other words, in her grief, she went berserker for a period, sending somebody else to the hospital! 

You see, she saw Bembul killed by the tiger.  Her only daughter.   Who was placed in a grave still missing her upper body - Oh the horror!

Vucar later attended a meeting in the Training Hall with the rest of the squad.

A new commander had to be recruited as Vucar retired to become a milk maid.  A sad, scarred, limping female Dwarf, living with her husband, the Miner Edem Isosiden, her pet boar, Zefon Erarmorul, in a grand bedroom she earned from her military service.

And so ends the tale of the Female Militia Commander.

Happened today in my game.  I don’t know HOW she was removed from command as I did not do it - but then sometimes they change majors on me too.  I may have to make her a tomb.  I feel so sorry for her - can’t even feel mad at her for going berserk!
:'(
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of the Sad Militia Commander
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »

Damn, this game can get depressing at times. At least she killed the tiger.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 02:56:45 am »

I guess game automatically removes berserk dwarves from positions they have, since they can't anymore be controlled by the player.

Also, have you considered to give her a warrior's death? Something epic and memorable. She could finally rest in peace and glory.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:40 am »

I guess game automatically removes berserk dwarves from positions they have, since they can't anymore be controlled by the player.

Also, have you considered to give her a warrior's death? Something epic and memorable. She could finally rest in peace and glory.
:(
Sad to say she had a miscarriage shortly after, stopped drinking, and before her death spent a time just crawling about babbling.  Her tomb was already finished though, so at least I was able to do that for her.  It is even bigger than the Baroness's tomb.  That woman complains about everything!   >:(
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!