Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Biggest wtf moment  (Read 54513 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest wtf moment
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:37 am »

i killed 5 bandits, killed their leader, began waiting for my team to catch up, looked away from screen.

i looked back i was dead and there were 3 turkey gobblers and a goat next to me and all of my dead companions.
What the hell...? That's just... freaky.

Anyways, my own WTF moment was when I was facing someone with a copper scimitar, and I had a silver longsword. I whacked him with the flat of my blade, and it bruised the skin. The whole ordeal went down like this:

You slap The Swordsman in the head with the flat of your silver longsword, bruising the skin!
The Swordsman strikes You in the head with the pommel of his copper scimitar, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been knocked unconsious!
You have been struck down.

WTF. I thought that blunt attacks for a silver sword would be as effective as they would be from a normal attack from a blunt item. Guess what? APPARENTLY NOT.

I think if I understand the difference between slapping and pommel strikes, the pommel strike applies the force to a smaller area, which results in more penetrating power. Slapping probably has a large contact area, though I haven't checked and am going off what I've read before. Larger contact area = more material in between (armor) to absorb force.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2011, 01:13:29 am »

I believe this is the second or third time I've posted a comment about throwing phalluses but that won't stop me.

"The spinning Adventurer's phallus strikes the fish dissector in the phallus, bruising the skin.
The Adventurer's phallus has lodged firmly in the wound!"

I'm not actually entirely sure that would be possible but even the concept amuses (and worries) me.

Hehe, now I see why Toady won't add all the body parts until the game is ready for them. I pity the man in this instance for the decision he will have to make regarding how much detail he wants to code into df. (I'm in support of not leaving out reasonably describing sensitive areas for the purpose of wounds or possibly bodily functions once Toady gets to the point where he decides what to do about describing naked dwarves and whether or not to politely avert one's imagination, but that will probably be something for the future)

EDIT: Meant to copy and past this quote to previous post instead of submitting a new post. My bad.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:25:31 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Zinox

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »

My biggest wtf moment was at the start of the game  :)
I started out my new adventurer as a grand master archer.  And they gave me a copper spear
can anyone help explain why this happened? i rage quit when i saw that :)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:56 pm »

I started out my new adventurer as a grand master archer.  And they gave me a copper spear
Maybe the spear was meant as a really big arrow?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:02 am »

Maybe the spear was meant as a really big arrow?
Currently, throwing beats any projectile warfare art in this version.

That is my moment, yet I still stick to bows and arrows.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2011, 03:55:49 am »

So I retired an epic adventuress, and started an adventurer for breeding purposes. After letting the male equip himself off the female's spoils and clean up her leftovers, I retired him and returned to Ivanka.

She spawned outside. All of her weapons and shields were in her backpack. Her hands were FULL of... well, you'll see. I started to drop them at first, but then realized that HOLY ARMOK IVANKA WAS RAISED BY DWARVES.

Spoiler: "what the..." (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:00:20 pm by Ross Vernal »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2011, 05:32:40 am »

So I retired an epic adventuress, and started an adventurer for breeding purposes. After letting the male equip himself off the female's spoils and clean up her leftovers, I retired him and returned to Ivanka.

She spawned outside. All of her weapons and shields were in her backpack. Her hands were FULL of... well, you'll see. I started to drop them at first, but then realized that HOLY ARMOK IVANKA WAS RAISED BY DWARVES.

Spoiler: "what the..." (click to show/hide)
Umm...the link led to a picture of a frozen golden frog. Wait...her hands were full of poisonous frozen toads?!  :o

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2011, 04:04:23 pm »

To me, it shows pages upon pages of:

cheetah leather
human leather
human leather
human leather
human leather
human leather
-elf hair crown-
elf tooth bracelet
+human tooth earring+
giant nail bracelet
#boogeyman horn bracelet#
human nail crown

MrMoxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:31 am »

Running with Genesis mod, I managed to get a fairly decent legendary swordsman (I kid you not this guy had a ridiculous name and title: Fistula Texomessis Extimescoscrobis or as he was known across the land: Fistula Plaitharvest the Frightful Dike) going who had a penchant for making and throwing stone needles at enemies. All was going well until I get the quest to take out a Balor. I mosey on over with a couple companions who start messing with him. Angling in, I manage to one shot decapitate this thing, and then get doused in liquid fire blood. Melted as I crawled away.

That's not the WTF moment though. The WTF came when I went into legends mode and discovered that my character was born in 110 and got melted to death in 125.

Is it common to have keepers start out at such an early age or was Fistula a special case?

EDIT: Dug through the genesis raws after Duuvian's response and it looks like Keepers mature at 12 as well.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:54:40 pm by MrMoxie »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2011, 01:06:29 am »

If I remember correctly dwarves in vanilla reach maturity at age 12.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2011, 08:12:31 pm »

I passed out from exhaustion after throwing a turkey around. That turkey pecked at my head for 3 days while I faded in and out of consciousness. I eventually bled out.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Communist adventure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2011, 08:38:24 am »

I have fought the biggest of beast from bandits to bronze Cs you name it I killed it (with help of companions of course :P). *Gets kicked in head by goblin* YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN
me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2011, 11:44:55 am »

*Creates adventurer*
Sweet, spawns with full iron armour.
Walks out of town, takes an arrow to the eye.
FML

I was drinking milk when I read this.  You owe me a new keyboard.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2011, 03:35:29 am »

I was fast-travelling to explore abandoned mountainhomes.

I got an annoucment of Jabberer - first reaction: slight detour, but with help of a meatshield companion I should be able to do it.

(first I thought I was fighting camels)

Results of my attack were... unpredictably unbelievable.

big image inbound
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: LITERALLY few frames later, my meatpanion attacked one of the said camels. It bit his left hand off.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:37:46 am by FritzPL »

PijanySmok

• Bay Watcher
  • For mother Celestia, THIS IS PONYVILLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2011, 03:38:17 pm »

I was sleeping in a town when boogeymans swarmed and raped me... Too bad I didn't have a rapex :/
Why my pic doesn't work?

Check me or pm me there if you want something:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmokNiszczyciel

To all ponies: let's take control over the world!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12