Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Biggest wtf moment  (Read 54529 times)

Tintoko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest wtf moment
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2012, 08:34:58 am »

My story is pretty simple; I was walking away from a building.
BUT THEN I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2012, 09:02:39 am »

My story is pretty simple; I was walking away from a building.
BUT THEN I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE!

-_-

On topic:
Adventuring around, testing out my swanky new *iron pike*. Come across some goblins. The Goblins, naturally, aren't happy to see me.

I stab the goblins. The goblins die. Except for one. I stabbed, and I stabbed, and this guy just wouldn't stop being alive! Then, during one of his moments of unconsciousness, he shoots me through the head with an iron bolt and kills me instantaneously.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2012, 06:12:55 pm »

Only been playing for a week or so but..

It was me and 16 other followers, we had been given the task of destroying a dragon. On the way to the dragon we're ambushed by goblins. By this time I was rather confident in my swordsman, to confident as we were all brutally murdered and who knows what they did with our corpses
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Gunnarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2012, 05:44:43 am »

To whomever got killed by camels,

I avenged you by getting to a camel (it kicked me once, but i kept throwing things at it)

I hit him down, cut off his hump, cut off his guts, cut off both his ears, his nose, his tail, his tooth, hacked his mouth... hacked his left eye and tore it apart, bite his right eye and shook it around tearing it apart, cut off his two hind legs and then it died.

You are welcome.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2012, 02:12:10 pm »

I chased a turkey and we both fell into the water...
We both drowned. A waste of a well trained demi god.
Kicks so much ass then drowns over chasing a turkey. D:

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2012, 08:08:29 pm »

I was traveling when night fell and I got caught by bogeyman.  Well, when I got moved to the regular view, I found myself in a pit with no ramps to get me out.  The bogeymen were all outside the pit just standing there.  So, I was stuck in this pit with no way out except try to kill the bogeymen and do fast travel.  So I threw my weapons at them, which didn't kill them, so instead I started stripping all my clothing items off one by one and throw each and the bogeymen.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »

I was badly injured in a goblin attack, and my companions were all killed.  On the way back to the fortress to share the news and hopefully recruit some more followers, I crossed through a desert and was attacked by scorpions who stole my ability to stand and somewhat impaired my ability to grasp.  I got to the fortress anyway, apparently by crawling the entire way.  Go figure.  After recruiting some followers, I headed to a nearby village to get a mission, and they sent me to slay a creature of the night.

After we got there we were almost immediately ambushed by the creature's bride, which beat me badly and took away my sword, so I resorted to using my shield as a weapon and bashed the thing to death.  Then the actual night creature itself came out, and my companions started bashing it.  They were all slain by the creature, and then when it was halfway between the spot I first noticed it and me, I bled to death.

Darinford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2012, 12:30:47 am »

6x leather cloaks
3x iron mail shirts
1x iron breastplate

goblin archer fires one shot bruising my heart :(

Fortunately although it said I was mortally wounded I managed to run away and sleep it off.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2012, 12:36:12 am »

I do believe DF is the only game where heart injuries are cured by sleep in one night...

i also believe its the only game where 'walk it off' is in fact relevant as traveling heals (almost) all wounds.

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2012, 09:05:16 pm »

Got ambushed by bandits and leader died of old age. wtf?

ps: i would post battle report but im not sure how...

TicklemeFeather

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
    • TicklemeFTR's Simple G19 keyboard GUI
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2012, 09:41:28 pm »

Came across a Giant leech that was protecting a temple. Insta-gibbed everything it touched. Embarked with 7 dwarves and bulk dogs, it still came out victorious.
DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »

Got ambushed by bandits and leader died of old age. wtf?

ps: i would post battle report but im not sure how...

Don't bother; we believe you completely. It's quite possibly been the most common feature since... Well, a very, very long time.

The next most common bug reported on the forums is probably the body-swapping bug which occurs when you sleep on frozen oceans or lakes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:02 pm »

This is easily. one of the funniest things. I have ever read. ever.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2012, 01:38:27 am »

I wondered if it was possible to use entire dead bodies as weapons.  Five minutes later, I'm dual wielding corpses.

Mister Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:58 pm »

While out in the nice meadows slaughtering animals, I came across a camel. I ran up to it, sword flailing everywhere, when I noticed that it was trying to use its free leg get a lock on my ankle.

I fractured its foot. It locked the joint.

I fractured the rest of the leg. It broke my ankle.

Undoubtedly, I have encountered a camel capable of noodle-legged bone snapping.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:12:55 pm by Mister Fox »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12