Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Biggest wtf moment  (Read 54192 times)

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest wtf moment
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:04 pm »

I just had one today. I had heard that throwing weapons were nerfed to a more normal state, but I was just now proven wrong.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this normal or something?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:46:26 pm by toxiciron »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 03:10:09 am »

@toxiciron: You CAN kill someone (in DF) by using nothing but your hands. (Other than strangling/breaking em) You can wrestle their own clothes off and throw it at them, it will travel at the speed of sound and break them.

That happens, try getting an appendage removed and throwing it back at the one who removed it. Vengeance.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 01:58:36 pm »

I can. You modded ears to appear on your body. Otherwise it's impossible because an attack can only target a single main bodypart, and an ear is attached to a head and thus cannot be hit when you hit a chest armor. Unless you wear it on your head :).

I took it to the Arena, chainmail shirts deflect attacks targeting the ears, eyes, or nose but not the head. The only modding I'm doing is genesis.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:17:32 pm by Broseph Stalin »

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »

@toxiciron: You CAN kill someone (in DF) by using nothing but your hands. (Other than strangling/breaking em) You can wrestle their own clothes off and throw it at them, it will travel at the speed of sound and break them.

That happens, try getting an appendage removed and throwing it back at the one who removed it. Vengeance.

What surprises me most is that the coat not only had a blunt impact into his rib, but it STUCK inside him! I just can't picture a coat being stuck in like that after being thrown... I guess it might break a rib if it was, for example, shot from a cannon, but it being left sticking out of him? So crazy...

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 04:16:06 pm »

What surprises me most is that the coat not only had a blunt impact into his rib, but it STUCK inside him! I just can't picture a coat being stuck in like that after being thrown... I guess it might break a rib if it was, for example, shot from a cannon, but it being left sticking out of him? So crazy...

This makes me think of the thrown lion lodged in another lion picture. :D

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 06:13:28 am »

I believe this is the second or third time I've posted a comment about throwing phalluses but that won't stop me.

"The spinning Adventurer's phallus strikes the fish dissector in the phallus, bruising the skin.
The Adventurer's phallus has lodged firmly in the wound!"

I'm not actually entirely sure that would be possible but even the concept amuses (and worries) me.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 06:15:38 am »

I believe this is the second or third time I've posted a comment about throwing phalluses but that won't stop me.

"The spinning Adventurer's phallus strikes the fish dissector in the phallus, bruising the skin.
The Adventurer's phallus has lodged firmly in the wound!"

I'm not actually entirely sure that would be possible but even the concept amuses (and worries) me.
Aw dude it's gay if they touch.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 07:14:03 am »

WTF. I thought that blunt attacks for a silver sword would be as effective as they would be from a normal attack from a blunt item. Guess what? APPARENTLY NOT.
You expected slapping someone with the flat of a sword to be as lethal as clonking someone with a mace?  ???
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 09:32:59 am »

I'm guessing it must have been one of those old chainmail shirts that had the chainmail hood. IT waould protect stuff ont he sides of the head bu I imaagine if you actually went for the head, you could just stab them in the face. Or there's strips of chainmail in a loop on the head.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 09:47:45 am »

I'm guessing it must have been one of those old chainmail shirts that had the chainmail hood. IT waould protect stuff ont he sides of the head bu I imaagine if you actually went for the head, you could just stab them in the face. Or there's strips of chainmail in a loop on the head.
That would make sense but aren't there also chainmail hoods? (I play genesis so much I can't remember what's vanilla)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:36 am »

na there arnt chainmail hoods in vanilla, theres helms and caps
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 02:50:43 pm »

When as a 250-kill legendary +5 fighter and spearman, while killing peasants, one tackles me from behind, one sticks his boning knife on my left arm (admittedly I had lost right hand to a giant lion and lower right arm to a giant leopard, LOL...) and a third one, from behind, his guts split and no working legs left, sticks his boning knife through my skull. You have been deceased! Forgot to get a helm? LOL

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »

WTF. I thought that blunt attacks for a silver sword would be as effective as they would be from a normal attack from a blunt item. Guess what? APPARENTLY NOT.
You expected slapping someone with the flat of a sword to be as lethal as clonking someone with a mace?  ???
Did I say that?

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2011, 11:38:36 am »

Did I say that?
"WTF. I thought that blunt attacks from a silver sword(slapping with the flat of the blade/hitting with the pommel) would be as effective as they would be form a normal attack from a blunt item (mace/hammer/crossbow)." Unless you were talking about corpses, barrels, or AnyOtherHeavyObject? I think the effectiveness of blunt attacks is determined by the weight of the weapon.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 11:42:06 am »

"WTF. I thought that blunt attacks from a silver sword(slapping with the flat of the blade/hitting with the pommel) would be as effective as they would be form a normal attack from a blunt item (mace/hammer/crossbow)." Unless you were talking about corpses, barrels, or AnyOtherHeavyObject? I think the effectiveness of blunt attacks is determined by the weight of the weapon.
Actually heavy objects work too. My favorite thing to do in adventure mode is fill a backpack with someones blood and cave their skull in with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12