Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Biggest wtf moment  (Read 54577 times)

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest wtf moment
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2011, 03:08:39 am »

I had two, in quick succession.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh my god, we need the legends entry.

Lifeinsteps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2011, 01:25:22 pm »

Two things. I was reading through the Legends file when I found one war I can't remember the name of.

256 humans went to war with 2 goblins and 1 troll.

254 humans died. What. the. hell. were. they. doing.

Then in another, I found a war where a few hundred dwarves went to war with a few hundred goblins. The dwarves had about 5 giraffes on their side.

Each giraffe scored a bunch of goblin kills. That was hilarious to me.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2011, 03:55:37 pm »

Woah, that's pretty epic!
256 humans went to war with 2 goblins and 1 troll.

254 humans died. What. the. hell. were. they. doing.
Worldgen battles are quite weird sometimes because of the system they use to calculate the results, or so I've understood.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2011, 05:12:28 pm »

It even says a wild beast of great reknown, what the hell was Par Tongspatterns? And what sort of abomination did it give birth to? I'm taking a bet that it's the epic duck from earlier in the thread.
Blargh.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2011, 06:33:09 pm »

It even says a wild beast of great reknown, what the hell was Par Tongspatterns? And what sort of abomination did it give birth to? I'm taking a bet that it's the epic duck from earlier in the thread.
Probably a bride of some night creature who gave birth to the second guy before being converted...
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »

I had an Incubus Acolyte that married his cousin.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2011, 02:35:40 am »

*Creates adventurer*
Sweet, spawns with full iron armour.
Walks out of town, takes an arrow to the eye.
FML
Indeed.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2011, 08:43:16 am »

Probably a bride of some night creature who gave birth to the second guy before being converted...
I did eventually find Par, but she was a perfectly normal general.  I was using my custom corrupt race, which is already really messed up.
EDIT: to clarify, she actually lived four houses away from her daughter in a town really close to her husband's fortress
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:45:34 am by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2011, 02:05:15 pm »

There's something wrong about this bridge that I just quite can't put my finger on...

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9895/wrongt.jpg
No kidding.  "The Bridge of Music?"  What were they thinking?
Probably the same thing I am.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2011, 02:43:19 am »

I did eventually find Par, but she was a perfectly normal general.  I was using my custom corrupt race, which is already really messed up.
EDIT: to clarify, she actually lived four houses away from her daughter in a town really close to her husband's fortress
So they were asking you to just murder their wife/mother.
 ???
And probably yourself, since that would actually most likely make you their enemy.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 06:44:23 am »

So they were asking you to just murder their wife/mother.
 ???
And probably yourself, since that would actually most likely make you their enemy.
It did...
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:02 pm »

I managed to fend off an attack outnumbered 7 to 1, with my feet. Is that normal?
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2011, 07:28:22 am »

Spawned an elf, recruited a Peasant, went to another town next door to my home town.
Entered a house just to greet them and got raped by my own people.. (Genesis Mod)
like wtf!!? XD

Their of the same tribe too; which lived next door.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:31:13 am by Guylock »

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2011, 03:23:47 pm »

This was a weird one from 40d:
I decided to mess with all the world gen parameters at random. So I look at the map, cold world, all ice and tundra except for little islands of warmer areas, and of course the mountains. So I roll up an adventurer in a human civ in an interesting area.
"You dodge the jet of steam."
I'm like what!? Why is everything on fire?!? Turns out, when DF says it's burning it means literally. With further exploration I found places where one tile would be burning hot, and the next deathly cold. Most environmental deaths I've ever had.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

MrElf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2011, 01:03:00 am »

Mine would be after I fought a battle with a large group of random elves, I managed to survive the battle after losing an arm, all my followers dead, and I found an elf unconscious on the ground. I went to stab him and then he punched me in the upper body and the severed body part went sailing off in an arc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12