Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Biggest wtf moment  (Read 54190 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest wtf moment
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:19 pm »

i killed 5 bandits, killed their leader, began waiting for my team to catch up, looked away from screen.

i looked back i was dead and there were 3 turkey gobblers and a goat next to me and all of my dead companions.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »

i killed 5 bandits, killed their leader, began waiting for my team to catch up, looked away from screen.

i looked back i was dead and there were 3 turkey gobblers and a goat next to me and all of my dead companions.
What the hell...? That's just... freaky.

Anyways, my own WTF moment was when I was facing someone with a copper scimitar, and I had a silver longsword. I whacked him with the flat of my blade, and it bruised the skin. The whole ordeal went down like this:

You slap The Swordsman in the head with the flat of your silver longsword, bruising the skin!
The Swordsman strikes You in the head with the pommel of his copper scimitar, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been knocked unconsious!
You have been struck down.

WTF. I thought that blunt attacks for a silver sword would be as effective as they would be from a normal attack from a blunt item. Guess what? APPARENTLY NOT.

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 10:03:38 pm »

I was exploring an old fortress when a horse kick me in the head and I died.
She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:30 am »

being punched in the thumb by a bogeyman and dieing from it
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

I was exploring an old fortress when a horse kick me in the head and I died.

That's actually a pretty common occurrence. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 08:33:28 am »

I had near-maxed out skills, had slain minotaurs, demons and a dragon without using a shield. Then a horse one-shotted me. This isn't the first time this has happened. Screw wolves, horses are the real foe of Dwarf Fortress.
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 09:24:10 am »

I carved a path of bloody carnage to assassinate the king of the dusk elf empire. When I got there I snuck inside his chambers, revealed myself and prepared to fight him. First shot I whack him in the head with my pommel and knock him out. I find it so funny that instead of killing him I take all of his clothes cut off his phallus and leave.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

I carved a path of bloody carnage to assassinate the king of the dusk elf empire. When I got there I snuck inside his chambers, revealed myself and prepared to fight him. First shot I whack him in the head with my pommel and knock him out. I find it so funny that instead of killing him I take all of his clothes cut off his phallus and leave.

Once again, this occurrence is more common in Dwarf Fortress than it may seem. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 09:30:27 am »

Once again, this occurrence is more common in Dwarf Fortress than it may seem.
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 01:48:08 pm »

Probably when a i killed a bunch of ambushers by picking up rough rocks and pelting them till their bones broke. Despite the fact these same ambushers killed 12 or so of my "guards".

The most recent wtf moment i had was a cave, the entrance itself was huge then the cave was bigger, and what was in this might cave? A single crocodile and a bunch of wooden figurines. Biggest anti-climax ever
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:16 pm »

What the hell...? That's just... freaky.

Anyways, my own WTF moment was when I was facing someone with a copper scimitar, and I had a silver longsword. I whacked him with the flat of my blade, and it bruised the skin. The whole ordeal went down like this:

You slap The Swordsman in the head with the flat of your silver longsword, bruising the skin!
The Swordsman strikes You in the head with the pommel of his copper scimitar, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been knocked unconsious!
You have been struck down.

WTF. I thought that blunt attacks for a silver sword would be as effective as they would be from a normal attack from a blunt item. Guess what? APPARENTLY NOT.

actually i am more commonly killed by weak animals than powerful opponents.

also slap attacks are seemingly weaker than a pommel strike. my guess, a slap just has the weight of the blade, a pommel strike is like a punching somebody while you have a dumbbell in your hand.

i figured out what happened by looking at exported combat announcements. apparently the goat kept kicking people and knocking them unconscious which led to the turkey gobblers slowly killing them.
still i consider that the worst way ever to die.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »

Though it has very little grounds in realism, I believe I can in fact explain how one gets stabbed in the ear while the weapon passes through the chest armor.

Standing to the side, crouching, at a STEEP upward angle. It would enter the armor just below where your ribcage is, slide across your flesh, come up in the neck-hole or through the pauldron-area, and pierce said ear.
Especially if your a woman and the weapon is a spear or something, if you were wearing leather it could go through one of your tits and hit the ear on the other side
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 07:17:36 am »

I used an elf. Levelled him in the art of the blade. Sent him alone against the Kobold cave.

Hilarity ensued, I got zerg kobold rushed and was pushed off a 4 z-level cliff. Survived and was rushed again by the ones at the bottom.

*STAB STAB STAB*

Tried again with another elf, this time alone, again. I went to the ground so gravity wasn't a problem. Was surprised to see the <100 kobold horde routed by a small YAK group and a Rock Lion who I renamed Fenrir. Revenge was mine and me and the lion won the day. I also got a raw adamantine amulet from all that, it was just lying around.

<Genesis Mod>

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 03:18:21 am »

I was stabbed in the ear through my chest armor.

You can't explain that.

FTW
That's so epic, that's gonna be my new signature.

I can. You modded ears to appear on your body. Otherwise it's impossible because an attack can only target a single main bodypart, and an ear is attached to a head and thus cannot be hit when you hit a chest armor. Unless you wear it on your head :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2011, 05:37:57 am »

This mountain titan was made out of steam, then got shot before I even started.  Talk about anticlimax.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12