Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 18559 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom: Starting in a Forum near you!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 10:18:28 pm »

Yeah, that was probably one of the things I should have simplified, but I wanted it to be realistic, as in, you're vulnerable if you get caught with your pants down sort of thing.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 1: 6 Horrors Awaken (finished)
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:10 pm »

Quote from: IronyOwl
Appear

[6]  You slowly open your eyes.  Damn, that was one crazy night last night.  Normally vampires don't even sleep but you guess after as much alcohol as you had last night you just sort of passed out.  Looking around you see you are in some sparse room for the few living visitors the Dread Isles get.  Your clothes and rapier are in your possession at least.  There is a wardrobe, and a bed in the room.  Some raspy shouting comes from beneath you as well as a broom knocking on the ceiling... erm... your floor you suppose.

"Yah goin' ta' sleep all day fleshbag?  Get up already." 

You shrug off the shouting, and decide you'll go at your own pace, but what can you even do.  With Miasma, the largest city in the Dread Isles, under the control of a very powerful lich you doubt this is really a great place to start your empire, then again, you have to dream big to be big. 

Quote from: Riccto
Appear

[4]  The great turmoil in the Marshes of the Wild have been great for you.  Plenty of fools to feed on and then the blame gets passed to either the humans, elves, or dwarves.  At least as long as you make it look like murder.  Unfortunately the turmoil in this area is just about coming to an end as the negotiations are now just winding down to a few bitter square miles hotly contested by all the mortals here.  Of course... if you manage to get the area to erupt in conflict again, it just might make a perfect home for a while.  You mull these thoughts over as you sit on top of the roof of the former inn turned Town Hall watching the sun rise.  Not much time for thinking you suppose as when people wake up if they see you up there they will start to wonder.  Time to get to work carving out your own little empire here in the middle of the Marshes.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Appear

[3]  Even though it is only morning, you are already annoyed by this place.  Nothing but peaceful farmland ruled by self-righteous lords who worship a god who despises all that is evil.  There are precious few places that accept your kind here and you are on your way to one of them.  In the outskirts of the local village there is a dark sect that worships demons.  If you can convince them to worship only you, you might stand a chance at making way for some improvements to the area.

Quote from: adwarf
Appear

[4]  Even in an area such as the Dread Isles where the dead walk and the living are few and far between your kind is not accepted in all but the rarest of places.  You are resting in a cave that is the meeting area of one such group of people.  Soon the worshipers begin to stream in, but you standing in the shadows are going to be a surprise they didn't expect.  No doubt they will accept a demon of your power as their patron, or they will all die and you will feast on their souls.  Either option suits you just fine.

Quote from: Tarran
Appear

[3]  You look around and are filled with disgust.  This petty village is no place for a person of your power.  What's worse is these pathetic humans can actually fight against you with a contingent of knights passing through right now on their way back to Castile, the main human city.  The knights are all veterans from the recent conflict with the animal peoples in the Marshes.  Every cloud has a silver lining though you remind yourself as you begin to think of ways to take advantage of this development.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Appear

[1]  You look around at the destruction.  Normally this would please you greatly but you had no hand in this whatsoever.  The animal people recently raided and burnt this section of forest to the ground, leaving it nearly lifeless besides for the occasional elf druid seeking to rekindle nature.  It annoys you that you are so far from civilization, but then again, perhaps this is the perfect opportunity to gain a thrall to serve as your willing meat shield.

Enemy Actions

N/A

Enemy Status

N/A

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ricto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

This will be the standard format for any posts.  If I messed anything up let me know and I'll fix it.

Also, each region of the map has the following:  1 City, 3 Towns, 10 Villages.  Hope that helps.  Also if somebody wants to come up with a map, I would be exceptionally grateful and will assist you with naming the cities and towns not yet mentioned.

Oh, and Villages are just numbered, not given names, because that would be annoying.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 11:39:39 pm »

Continue towards the village to find this cult, but try not to be seen, it would be most annoying if I was reported.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:07 pm »

Bah, veteran knights. Well, better pack up and look for another village.

Go into human form and look for another village.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 11:48:59 pm »

Shuakegu smiled to himself, taking a deep drag from his cigarette as he looked around. Good, good... Looks like there's a lot of fear in this part of the world. Fear and anger. A shame there are no survivors to feed upon. He removed the cigarette and exhaled the smoke; too big a cloud of it came from his mouth, more than any mortal man could possibly hold in his lungs. After it dissipated into the air, he stuck out his tongue and tasted the the air. The hatred tastes like sentient animals and elves. I think I'll take a look around before I follow that sweet, succulent sensation back to its source.

He pulled his tongue back into his mouth, replaced his cigarette at the corner of his lips, and shouldered his halberd. Yes, indeed. Not a great beginning, but it was a challenge, and he hadn't had one in years. Maybe there would be a druid around to snack on... or drive insane. Maybe even to convert into a worshipper. He grinned and headed off in a random direction to look for one.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 11:52:58 pm »

Well these could make loyal subjects, and help me on my way to becoming the Demon King thought Hellbringer as the shuffled in. Hellbringer then stepped forward so they could see him in his demon form, and said "I am Hellbringer, the future Demon King. It is a pleasure to meet ones that could be allies, so how about it will you join me on my quest to becoming the Demon King,a dn become my allies, and my loyal soldiers?"

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:30 pm »

Scout the village out, looking particularly for some wealthy nobles or disgruntled soldiers
Raggle Fraggle

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 11:59:14 pm »

DAMMMMNNNN I just finish one turn and now we're nearly ready for another, I better hurry up and get Zealots and Demons updated lol.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 12:04:17 am »

Yeah, most of us are on quite a bit. :P That's one of the advantages of many players; it slows down updates if you're into that. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 12:11:27 am »

You got a group of players who are on quite a bti, and that usually end up online at the same time.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 12:28:22 am »

OK, everything I have is updated now.  Woohoo!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 12:47:55 am »

Not for long! Though, weren't we supposed to be giving two actions per turn?

Head down and ask the innkeeper or equivalent who the real powers are here. The lich can't be the only entity with any clout, even if most of the real players are under his banner.

If we get a second action, get a second opinion out on the streets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 12:55:57 am »

Hey Irony you want to team up?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 12:58:49 am »

Depends on how you plan to proceed. We're probably fairly far away from each other, though.

Still, we'll see how things play out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:45 am »

I just aim to rule the Demons for that all I need is a castle, and to beat all other demons into submission so I really don't interfere with your plans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20