Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Alchemist: The Philosipher's Stone RTD - Turn 0 - A Small Town's Dark Secret  (Read 15777 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemist: The Philosipher's Stone RTD (Full!! Waiting List!)
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2011, 05:01:01 am »

It'll be easy enough to run Joseph into the gate, since he's the kind of person who if he was close enough to someone would try to pull them back through it. It probably wouldn't end well though. ;)
Quite right, but there is no need since you will see the truth soon enough since doing so is all part of Chapter 1, and happens not long after the beginning of this RTD

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2011, 05:01:45 am »

Transmuting humans IS the taboo. Hell, you can see the gate by transmuting your own body, like Ed did in Envy's stomach. Therefore, trying to change a HUMAN into a LIVING CANNON would definitely get me to see the gate.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 05:02:59 am »

I am know going to develop Homonculi that are immune to insane ways of death.
Strictly speaking, that's how we're in this mess to begin with. Not that making some of them immune to fire or unaffected by wind isn't a good thing, just that it'll be another deranged puzzle as far as we're concerned.

That and FMA allows for doing alot of weird stuff. Plus I can't wait to use my alchemy to cause the air in a Homonculi to rip out of them with force, you'd be supprised how much air is in the body. Wouldn't kill it, but it would hurt like hell and give me a chance to run.
As an addendum, DF tends to focus on individual parts, so beating something to death with its own lungs is fairly standard thinking.

Lungs aren't blood, replace the heart with the stomach and it's much better. Also bloodthirst is part of being dwarfy.

But then the acid wouldn't be circulated. If I replace the lungs, and somehow work in the pulmonary vein into it, then acid would get pulled directly into the heart, and then pumped around the body.
I guess this could be blamed on experience with liquid engineering systems, but we might be hitting the limit here. :P

I'm sort of a harmless crazy but IronyOwl is one bloodthirsty guy... and so's Talarion and KaguroDraven, which I just discovered in this thread. :o Grimmjow6th I already suspected of it... Jeez, you people. :P
Psst. Water guy. Guess what the body's made up of a lot of? :3

Hehehehehehe.

Transmuting humans IS the taboo. Hell, you can see the gate by transmuting your own body, like Ed did in Envy's stomach. Therefore, trying to change a HUMAN into a LIVING CANNON would definitely get me to see the gate.
Going off not-Brotherhood, there were numerous human chimaeras, so that doesn't sound right.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 05:04:41 am »

Nope human chimera aren't commiting the taboo just trying to bring back the dead which is impossible since that person's soul no longer exists in that realm.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2011, 05:06:35 am »

>.> Then how did Ed see the gate in Gluttony's stomach? He didn't try and bring himself back from the dead.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:23 am »

>.> Then how did Ed see the gate in Envy's stomach? He didn't try and bring himself back from the dead.
Nope, but he physically deconstructed his body removing the soul, adn reconstructed his body on the other side reattching his soul to it. Creating a human chimera doesn't require your soul to detach from your body, so you don't see the Truth

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2011, 05:10:25 am »

Hows about I use someone's soul to power the transmutation for the cannon? Would give me essentially a free transmutation (Like a Philosophers stone, Philosopher's stones are just lots of souls, therefore using a soul to power a transmutation would be the same as using a one-shot Philosophers stone) and I get my Gate/Truth and my Living Cannon. Problem solved?

What more do you need?

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Leo Brooks, The nature alchemist
Automail Bodyparts: Left hand
Description: Dark grey hair, tall, just a little bit skinny
Bio: Leo was born in a typical family, no fights with the family or such.
But when he was sent to army, then things started going wrong. In the firing range, Leo was shooting the targets with his group, and suddenly his gun jammed, making the gun explode in his arm. The doctors were able to rescue his left arm, but not the other, so they decided to replace the right arm with an automail.
Leo decided to start learning alchemy, becoming a traveling street performer. [Ya i know, a little dumb Bio....]
Alchemical Skills:
Earth - 8
Water - 5
Fire - 6
Bio-Alchemy -
Weapon - 2
Medical (Alkahestry) -
Air - 7
Starting Items : Chalk, Notebook, a bottle of acid [so with a bit of study, could make the acid rain ^^], a glove with alchemist marks on it, a knife [for situations where cant use alchemist], Medic tools, small bottles of each of the elements, and a pic of his girlfriend
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:56:11 am by EmoBiatch »
I'm flying faster than the speed of SANDWICH !

Every monday's first words : Hurrfriggin' horseshit....

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2011, 05:13:07 am »

Hows about I use someone's soul to power the transmutation for the cannon? Would give me essentially a free transmutation (Like a Philosophers stone, Philosopher's stones are just lots of souls, therefore using a soul to power a transmutation would be the same as using a one-shot Philosophers stone) and I get my Gate/Truth and my Living Cannon. Problem solved?
Yep that would work, but as I said there is no need since you will all see the Truth not long after this starts. (And some of you might need some new automail bodyparts once its done. )

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2011, 05:14:09 am »

Confusing.

The doctors were able to rescue his right arm, but not the other, so they decided to replace the right arm with an automail.
Chalk, Notebook, a bottle of acid [so with a bit of study, could make the acid rain ^^], a glove with alchemist marks on it, a knife [for situations where cant use alchemist], Medic tools, small bottles of each of the elements, and a pic of her girlfriend

Umm?

Yep that would work, but as I said there is no need since you will all see the Truth not long after this starts. (And some of you might need some new automail bodyparts once its done. )

Automail is fun. Also, I could technically make a fake biological appendage for myself >.> but Automail is fun.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2011, 05:15:28 am »

Hmm, IIRC those who have seen the Truth don't need alchemy circles, do they?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2011, 05:16:47 am »

Hmm, IIRC those who have seen the Truth don't need alchemy circles, do they?
No.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2011, 05:22:06 am »

They just put their hands together like they are praying, and then touch wahtever they wish tod od the transumutation.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2011, 05:22:57 am »

I know what it looks like, I just couldn't remember if that applied to everyone or if Ed & Al were special cases. Sorry. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2011, 05:24:08 am »

Nah, it's everyone who's seen the Truth. Though it doesn't work for Alkahestry.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12