Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OH GOD RAGEFORTRESS!  (Read 1337 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
OH GOD RAGEFORTRESS!
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:26:08 am »

So in another thread, the prone to rage tag seemed like such a good idea. So it was going well for a few years, i have adamantine and various nice things. The dorf traders got bitchy about me trying to trade, with not quite enough profit their end. So i ordered an attack. Then it all went to hell. I thought i had this under control, but an elite wrestler went rogue, aquired some dead dorfs armour and went on a truly mad rampage. Limbs, blood, utter dismemberment. I was on the verge of dispair until...he died. He died of dehydration. Too busy on his intent to kill all life in the fort, he burnt out. Bastard.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OH GOD RAGEFORTRESS!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 06:45:00 am »

Addition: The dead are now rising and battering the inhabitants because the mason would rather collect plants than make coffins. His hauling is turned off. Truly this is a fort cursed with suck.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 11:00:02 am »

Loyalty cascade.

When someone or something attacks a member of a civ, it becomes he enemy of that Civ. So basically, when you ordered your military to attack the dwarf traders, the instant they tried to attack them they became enemies of your civ. That means your enemy. But they still stayed member of your civ so anyone attacking them will become hostile too.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 05:16:30 pm »

Check the orders menu. O key in case you don't know.
You can set it so only farmers gather for now.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 07:15:08 pm »

Never tried killing dorf traders before. This was a new experience. That is to say, hilarious.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 07:17:41 pm »

And yet dwarves have no problem slaughtering elven traders. ;D
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »

As to the plant-gathering mason: He has, erm, plant gathering on. It's a farming labor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.