Poll

What is our next project?

Helm's Deep (LOTR) style wall
The Bridges of Flinging
Underground Labyrinth
Second Aquifer Breach
Post in topic

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~Soon to have a Circus!~~ -Spoony's Turn-  (Read 28720 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

After all the original negative feedback I'm editing this topic. Stay tuned.

New and improved!

News
6-29 to 30-11
Conan has created two pictures. Find them on pages 12 and 14.
Andy finished his turn, Spoony's giving it a go.

Spoiler: Previous news... (click to show/hide)

In the fifth year of the Whiskered Fortification's grand rule, it had come to mind that they needed to expand their glory across the land. As volunteers were short, the king issued a draft to all the dwarves from 30 to 80. Groups of seven were made, and though skills were varied, supplies were short, necessitating self-sufficiency. Along with this, each budding fortress was assigned a specific export agreement; all directed towards the next generation of colonists. Viable mountains, woodlands, and volcanoes were picked across the land, all in the name of the WF.

However, not all were directed towards economic growth. The king knew that eventually his empire would encounter hostile civilizations. Rumors of goblin snatchers and kobold thieves have already taken root, along with horrifying tales of other beasts, some from the unexplored mountains, and others from the depths of the earth. To secure the life and prosperity of the Whiskers, separate, and unknown groups of unlucky dwarves were chosen to survive in harsh environments across the world.

Uristildom (Daggerfaints) is one of them. Led by The Cooperative Relic of Distinguishing, they were sent to the coldest regions in the world to ensure the survival of the Fortifications.

Player List
Verified for participation
Verified, turn done
Pending
Skipped
Passed, to be queued

1. Conan - Axedorf and Broker  ;)
2. andyman564 - Miner, Stoneworking, Mechanics, and Architecture Mason and Engraver

3. Spoony Bard - Miner, Stoneworker, General Metalsmithing, and Hammerdorf
4. nanomagnetic - Ambusher and Bone Carver
5. Farmerbob - Grower, Herbalist, Brewer, Cook, Butcher, and Miner
6. Machinesquid - Doctor
7. kilozombie - Bookkeeper and Speardorf, no "arms" though :(
8. uber pye - Metalsmith (who is also a multiworker)
9. Jeffery - Miner

The 3-day respond and 5-day deadline applies. Journal logs are a must, make it from the point of view from your dwarf. Feel free to assign yourself to mayor on your turn. Length of playthrough can vary, but try to stick it to around a year. Images appreciated, but not necessary.
Note: I will be doing custom pictures on request. All handmade using mouse on MS Paint. Just give me the description of the dorf and/or artifact, and give me 3-5 days.

However, we are not following the strict 1-year playthrough. Although we are aiming for 1 year for everyone, if any of the following occurs, you have one month to deal with the threat, or prepare the fortress for the next person to deal with.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tileset can be changed, but restore it to the default ASCII graphics before uploading it.

World Gen Params:  (TAKE NOTE)

Embark Location:

Available Embark Item Materials (Metal Only):

Rules EDIT ALERT 6-25-11

If you want to participate, you must be dorfed. For the first seven, use this format:

Name: Urist McIdiot
Profession: Proficient Teacher, Proficient Student
Embark Items: Optional.
Turn: 42

Afterwards, just quote the migrant list and say who you want to be. Don't forget to include turn!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Eshonfikuk -Goodfield- ~~NEED PLAYERS~~
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:06:53 pm »

I don't really get the reason for the aquifer rule.

nanomagnetic

• Bay Watcher
  • cable * sprocket * chain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:40:27 pm »

You say no breaching the aquifer by cave-in, but what about a large, open-pit project in the freezing tundra? With the savanna and the starting logs, there should be enough wood to build a rickety scaffold through a frozen aquifer.
Foldedlens -- 1004

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:06 am »

Okay, let's try.
Give me a jeweler/trader. If possible, give me a pet of animal that dwarf likes.

Oh, and if possible, I want to be knife-user sheriff =) that should be Fun!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:54:18 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 11:06:37 am »

No-aquifer rule is to limit stone use for the first two years, so you can't set up a simple stonecrafting economy the first thing you arrive.

@nano: Hmmm, didn't think of that. I'll explore the option on embark.

At this point though, I'm feeling I didn't set this up right. Oh well.  :-\

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 11:17:33 am »

No-aquifer rule is to limit stone use for the first two years, so you can't set up a simple stonecrafting economy the first thing you arrive.

@nano: Hmmm, didn't think of that. I'll explore the option on embark.

At this point though, I'm feeling I didn't set this up right. Oh well.  :-\
Too many rules, man. Might be ok if it was a community fort but you can't expect people to follow your own rules once they get the save.

Machinesquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »

I'll play.

I shall be dorfed into a mechanic.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »

I'll take a turn and a dorf.
Novice Miner, Novice Stone Crafter, Novice Metal Worker, Novice Armor Working, Novice Weaponsmith, and proficient hammerdwarf.

FEEL THE BARDIC SONG OF THE HAMMER/PICK INSIDE YOUR SKULL

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:15:27 pm »

I'm seriously reconsidering to revamp the rooles. And even lock this topic. I feel like I messed up really badly.

Maybe I should just stick to joining bloodline games, not making my own  ::)

nanomagnetic

• Bay Watcher
  • cable * sprocket * chain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:37 pm »

I'm seriously reconsidering to revamp the rooles. And even lock this topic. I feel like I messed up really badly.

Maybe I should just stick to joining bloodline games, not making my own  ::)

I don't think you messed up at all. If those are the rules handed down by the mountainhomes, then so be it! A 4x4 embark with a popcap of 30 would actually be manageable for me and my netbook, at least in the early years. (Way more reasonable than the other new succession I saw that was an 8x8 or something crazy.)

If you end up starting this game, sign me up for a turn.  :D
Foldedlens -- 1004

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 11:49:06 pm »

Okay, I'm going to revamp the OP and gen a random name, and cut down on the rules a bit.

Thank god this forum isn't like another one I frequent. There I'd get flamed, and my social status on there would have been shot to hell.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:02:28 am »

However, we are not following the strict 1-year playthrough. You must pass on the game if any of the following happens
This does mean that even if you only played for 5 ingame days and get a siege, you must pass it on.

this is really the only rule that bugs me, i want to be able to play for at least a season before giving up my rule.

other than that this looks like a great possibility for !!FUN!! so sign me up!

i think there's still room in the starting 7 so i'd like to be dwarfed as a miner/mason/architect/engraver. one point into each.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 12:10:20 am »

Okay, since I'm getting positive feedback this topic is staying. Don't expect the name to stay the same, nor some of the rules, but keep in mind most of the equipment and the embark location will stay the same.

Conan cancels Close Topic: Interrupted by Positive Feedback

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: NAME PENDING -- EDITS ON THE WAY
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 12:19:05 am »

you may want to write up a quick backstory, it helps set the tone / goal of the fort. and remember Legends Mode is your friend!
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NAME PENDING -- EDITS ON THE WAY
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 12:28:47 am »

I agree with andyman, the only thing really off-putting for me about the original rules was the forced turn endings if anything interesting happens.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18