Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fetchez la vache!  (Read 2097 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Fetchez la vache!
« on: June 16, 2011, 01:32:55 pm »

If an animal gets "accidentally" catapulted off a drawbridge, there's no way to tell exactly where it will land, right?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: Fetchez la vache!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:41:36 pm »

Correct, there's a thread about catapulting various items with retracting bridges and whatnot.
They tend to just scatter everywhere.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:43:57 pm »

It scatters everywhere with a retracting drawbridge, with raising bridge, it's everywhere BUT the direction it walls up at. At least that's what I've seen

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:49:40 pm »

That's less fun than I'd hoped, but if I put a ceiling over my fort there's a good chance I can just get all invaders stuck on the roof.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

you see, i think that its the worng way round and that raising drwabridges should fling things in high speed up and in the direction of raising
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:58:28 pm »

That's less fun than I'd hoped, but if I put a ceiling over my fort there's a good chance I can just get all invaders stuck on the roof.

Nope, creatures flung by bridges (retracting or raising) stay on the same Z-level until they stop moving or hit an obstacle.  Objects can be flung upwards, but not creatures.

It scatters everywhere with a retracting drawbridge, with raising bridge, it's everywhere BUT the direction it walls up at. At least that's what I've seen

With raising bridges, the direction is random, but the bridge forms a wall which blocks creatures from being flung in that direction.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:20:30 pm »

you see, i think that its the worng way round and that raising drwabridges should fling things in high speed up and in the direction of raising
I think they can do that, but because of the dwarven physics the bridge will be raised before the creature will go through the gate/bridge so it bounces back.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 03:29:52 am »

Nope, creatures flung by bridges (retracting or raising) stay on the same Z-level until they stop moving or hit an obstacle.  Objects can be flung upwards, but not creatures.

Are you entirely sure of that? Because when I raised my drawbridge I had goblin crap and corpses stuck in the fortifications 3 z-levels higher.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 03:33:50 am »

A corpse counts as an object
*Hugs*