Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Util: Dwarven Taskmaster -View dwarf skill levels NOW: v  (Read 2582 times)

bremac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Util: Dwarven Taskmaster -View dwarf skill levels NOW: v
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jifodus:
Also the Terminal font is the font that the Windows's console uses, and therefore the font that Dwarf Fortress uses.

Dwarf Fortress doesn't use the Windows console. It's OpenGL rendered from a specialized character set.

Zhentar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 09:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bremac:
<STRONG>
Dwarf Fortress doesn't use the Windows console. It's OpenGL rendered from a specialized character set.</STRONG>

Yeah. Fortunately, toady gave the code page number in a thread a while back, so using wikipedia I made a conversion to get things to work right. I could do unicode translation after that without too much trouble, but I just don't want to.

And to Tharg: That error message just about sums it up. Your unit table pointer isn't where it's supposed to be. I don't know why, and I don't know how to fix it. You can send me the save game & region if you want, but I doubt I'll be able to tell you anything more than that.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »

I think that this program, combined with LabourDF, would be the most fantastic thing ever to be created.

Second to DF itself, of course.

I know that LabourDF has the source in the .zip file - have you shared the source for DwarfSkills, Zhentar?

Romaq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 09:04:00 am »

It appears memory pointers are different any time you go into a 'reclaim' mode. I don't know if you were sent a copy of it yet, but it should be simple enough to abandon and then attempt to reclaim anything, then look through memory to see where the character table is in 'reclaim' mode. As if any of this is actually 'simple'. :-/

Thanks for the work in putting out Dwarven Taskmaster. Yes, there are things that could be changed, but it *does* boil down to 'how much do I invest in a program that goes right out the window as soon as we can get the next release?' So I understand if looking for the new character location under 'reclaim fortress mode' is outside of what you have time to do.

I'd much prefer you are happy and willing to cook up changes for Dwarven Taskmaster when the next version is released!

Cheers!

--Romaq

Zhentar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 09:54:00 am »

Oh, that's worth looking into. And yeah, I probably wont' be working on this until the new version comes out- I've got to hurry and play other games as much as I can until then because I know they'll all be forgotten  :)

As for the source code, I have not provided it. Mostly because this is my first project using VC++ and I really don't know what I'm doing so some of the code is ugly and probably not what I'm supposed to be doing.

Romaq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 04:39:00 pm »

Hey yeah, I understand that about not releasing the source code. It's embarassing and kinda like hanging one's undies out on the balcony for everyone to see.

The solution for the 'reclaim fortress' mode problem for me has been "Don't reclaim!" I would simply make heavy use of save points. Access to last names would be helpful, since I'm getting quite a few repeated first names, but I'm working through it. I'm just happy you took the time to make the tool and post it.

Cheers!

--Romaq

Pages: 1 2 [3]