Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 1255 times)

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »

I have two questions, relating to things in the Oubliette.
1. What use are the Clown suit, Bondage Gear, Toga, and masks?
2. Is there any difference between the Sword of Morfiegor and the Dasiho?

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:13:19 am »

Hello!

1): Useful while tending to hostages. The bondage gear is the second best outfit, and is the best if you intend on drugging the captive. If you don't drug, the best is the Death Squad Uniform.
2): Cosmetic difference, identical stats.

Was that useful?

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 02:19:18 pm »

Hello!

1): Useful while tending to hostages. The bondage gear is the second best outfit, and is the best if you intend on drugging the captive. If you don't drug, the best is the Death Squad Uniform.
2): Cosmetic difference, identical stats.

Was that useful?
Yes, thank you very much.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 02:56:23 pm »

Actually, about the sword and daisho, in the XML the daisho is actually divided into two subweapons (katana and wakizashi). I'm not sure whether this has any real effect, but it either does or possibly will have an effect if the character has less limbs than usual.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »

In my previous Liberal Adventures, the daisho cut off limbs much less but was far more accurate and the sword cut off limbs way more but was far less accurate.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 03:53:55 pm »

Well, I've never made any mechanical distinction between the Sword of Morfiegor and the Daisho. Last I know they're exactly the same. The Daisho is cosmetically divided into two weapons, but I've always conceived of you using one at a time, in different situations, rather than going at it Miyamoto Musashi style. It's left open to interpretation, however.