Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ~Fortress Overseer Recruitment Thread~~F.O.R.T.~~Updated 7-1-11~  (Read 11928 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Bumpity bump bump, bumpity bump bump, watch that thread go, bumpity bump bump, into the necro snow!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Well, I had to use something to replace 'fields of' and make it sound right
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

BrickT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had this crazy idea and I thought it would best to ask opinions on how well it would do in this thread.

A succession fort, placed in a location to maximize fps. Have all else be standard. The only thing that is different is [SPEED:0] in the raws for all relevant creatures such as dwarfs, goblins, humans, elves, wildlife etc.
I could do it with only dwarfs, goblins, goblins, humans, and elves while excluding the wildlife (which would consist of zombie/skeletal yeti and regular yeti). I could just do it for the dwarves if that would work better.

Could it work well? I could make it [SPEED:500] (which would be 5x normal speed I think) if 0 is too fast.

If it could work what would work best?
-[SPEED:X] for all
-[SPEED:X] for civilizations
-[SPEED:X] for dwarfs only

I have the site picked out already and it seems like a great deal of fun.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:17:17 pm by BrickT »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had this crazy idea and I thought it would best to ask opinions on how well it would do in this thread.

A succession fort, placed in a location to maximize fps. Have all else be standard. The only thing that is different is [SPEED:0] in the raws for all relevant creatures such as dwarfs, goblins, humans, elves, wildlife etc.
I could do it with only dwarfs, goblins, goblins, humans, and elves while excluding the wildlife (which would consist of zombie/skeletal yeti and regular yeti). I could just do it for the dwarves if that would work better.

Could it work well? I could make it [SPEED:500] (which would be 5x normal speed I think) if 0 is too fast.

Um, not sure, but my understanding of the grazing mechanics would mean speed zero livestock would quickly denude the grass(or moss, as the case may be...)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Um, not sure, but my understanding of the grazing mechanics would mean speed zero livestock would quickly denude the grass(or moss, as the case may be...)
Just pause the game and set all of them to slaughter. Your dwarves would get that done hella fast.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Well, Starwound needs more dorfing, and LESS HORSES FROM THE HUNTER.

Topic: Starwound
Classification: Modded community game
  Mods: Slimelands, in my sig
Overseer: 1
Blurb: STOP. KILLING. THE. HORSES. I HATE HORSE BONES.
Need: Just need dorfing, not actual overseers.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll just stick Starwound into the general community fort section.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Assuming average speed is 1000 (I think it is, something around that), speed 500 is only double speed. That's right, speed 0 isn't 1000 times faster or anything.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slaughtergorges is in need of more overseers. We currently have three people in line:

1.BrickT-currently playing
2.Conan
3.Johnnydigs

Embark is a 4x4 terrifying glacier and turns are 2-3 days. 31.25 vanilla fort.

Thread Here:
Slaughtergorges

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump.

Hopefully people actually read this topic more than they post in it...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4