Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ~Fortress Overseer Recruitment Thread~~F.O.R.T.~~Updated 7-1-11~  (Read 11804 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Since I apparantly have more time on my hands than Farmerbob (who made up this idea), I'm creating this topic so I can micromanage forts that need Overseers

To apply for a position in one of these sections, use this format:

Topic: Durr
Classification: Fortress, Modded, etc. I will make new classifications as necessary.
  Mods: Subcategory. If you are applying for Modded category include what Mods you are using and optionally, links to the mods themselves.
Overseer: How many overseers there are as of time of posting.
Blurb: BLURB!
Need: Say how many people you need and level of urgency (x/10)

Fortresses

Your plain old fortresses! Comes in all shapes and sizes!

Modded Forts

Those fortresses that pack an extra punch, hidden or not.

Community Forts

The only class not requiring a request (though you have to be really good), though you can still ask to be put on.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NOTE: If you just want your fort on this list just apply like you need people.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Watercloistered is technically not a vanilla fort. It uses NoExotic and a custom cat tweak.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh...

But I can run it on my unmodded DF...?

Since its not too significant we'll let it slide for now.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Technically DF can load any save file, mods or no, because save files include the raws.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Ahem* Not quite sure if this is an appropriate place for this, but hey, I can't think of anywhere else this should go.  Deathgate doesn't need Overseers per se, but we have 213 dwarfs and a woefully short dorfing list, so we need people here stat!

...On second thought, it might be a good Idea to add a dorfing category to this thread, as many people end up join later as overseers after reading their dorf's stupidity exploits
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump.

I will keep this topic on main page. at ALL COSTS.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

probably because most forts seem to actually have plenty of overseers at this time
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

True. I'm thinking of starting up a succesion fort, I'll post when I do.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Breakfastcudgels is currently on its 7th year, with only 1 more overseer scheduled.  This fortress is fueled by random sacrifice.  One or more dwarves are selected every year to be sacrificed by whatever vision the current overseer sees.  These losses bolster the fortress in the glory of the blood god. 

Anyway here's the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84297.0

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, this is picking up!

Hopefully over time it'll grow bigger than the Hall of Legends. However, it does have a different utility, so either way its not very comparable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4