Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 59752 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.3]
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

A request: I'm not sure if you're doing this or not currently, but can you keep track in the changelog of what you've changed between each update?

I don't keep track of every bug-fix purely because the change-log would be spammed with hundreds of confusing messages about changes that occur inside the mod. But if it would be helpful I could attempt to keep a seperate log in the opening post of such changes.

I think just a log where it keeps track of significant changes so we know what's new with each download :)

ADDED: Killer bee men
Minor Bug fixes to x,y,z
etc.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.4]
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22:07 pm »

I just downloaded the mod but can't really play it due to stutter lag I guess you can call it? It's where by pressing the arrow keys once to change direction it seems to "hop" twice. It also does this going up or down z-levels. The frame rate is manageable but it could be higher. Any ideas?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »

I just downloaded the mod but can't really play it due to stutter lag I guess you can call it? It's where by pressing the arrow keys once to change direction it seems to "hop" twice. It also does this going up or down z-levels. The frame rate is manageable but it could be higher. Any ideas?

Try increasing KEY_HOLD_MS in init.txt. Mine looks like this:

[KEY_HOLD_MS:350]
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.3]
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 12:49:39 am »

I realise you are trying to be helpful and thank you for the link but I take mild offence to your claim that you are aware of the quality or quantity of my research or that the properties are 'made up' (abstracted in certain cases maybe but not made up). As far as I'm concerned the say-so of a significant number of metallurgists who have actually worked with these metals trumps the wild speculation of a few sword-fanatics whose primary 'evidence' seems to come from google or hearsay. If that does not suffice for you then you are under no obligation to use this mod or post in this thread. No disrespect intended.

:o

The second last sentence was... quite uncalled for, actually. I mean, he's just trying to help. Debate happens all the time, but was that sour after taste really necessary? Not sure about others, but it all looked like typical forum debate to me till I saw that last sentence.  :-\

To clarify I was talking about the credibility of his source and not him personally.

Well, let's agree to disagree then, shall we? By "made-up" I meant "estimated," but I guess that's open to interpretation.
You can do a google search on "titanium sword" if you want to do more research, but that's up to you if you don't want to.

Anyway, if you want (semi) accurate values for cobalt, instead of your copied ones, (it's better than iron, worse than steel from what I've minimally tested. Tweak it to your heart's content) this is what I've managed to piece together based on data from matweb.com (currently offline, otherwise it's a great site for this type of stuff).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good luck with the mod!
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 03:25:00 am »

I'm kind of a noob to this, is there a way to use the default ASCII tiles instead of the graphics? Thanks for the help.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »

It's possible, but it may result in unwanted side-effects such as walls becoming mushrooms. That's what happens when I switch from phoebus to ironhand, at least. If you really want the classic ascii graphics, you'll have to go into the raws and change all the tiles assigned to objects to the original values.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2011, 05:03:36 pm »

It's possible, but it may result in unwanted side-effects such as walls becoming mushrooms. That's what happens when I switch from phoebus to ironhand, at least. If you really want the classic ascii graphics, you'll have to go into the raws and change all the tiles assigned to objects to the original values.

Actually the version that Dig Deeper uses doesn't use any modified raw data so simply changing the INIT file to be GRAPHICS:NO and if you want the old curses tileset simple change

[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Herrbdog_16x16_tileset.png]

to

[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]

will revert back to completely default ASCII.

_DivideByZero_ I apologise for being curt with you before. I do hope you stick around and continue to contribute constructive feedback in the future.

To everyone else: V0.5 should be up tonight I hope just with some minor bug-fixes. After that it'll be FULL STEAM AHEAD for version 1.0! :)
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 03:21:52 am »

OH god the lag please help! I don't know If I am doing something wrong or what but everytime I move the cursor my screen jumps 2 or 3 spaces, also in adventure mode when I move the character he A) Just keeps moving in that direction till he hits something or B) "jumps" 2 or 3 spaces at a time. What is going on here, does anyone know?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:17 am »

OH god the lag please help! I don't know If I am doing something wrong or what but everytime I move the cursor my screen jumps 2 or 3 spaces, also in adventure mode when I move the character he A) Just keeps moving in that direction till he hits something or B) "jumps" 2 or 3 spaces at a time. What is going on here, does anyone know?

Try increasing KEY_HOLD_MS in init.txt. Mine looks like this:

[KEY_HOLD_MS:350]
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 02:43:06 pm »

Dig Deeper does come packed with a modified INIT file but it should not be causing lag?

Try changing these settings to see if it makes a difference:

[G_FPS_CAP:25]
to
[G_FPS_CAP:50]

[PRIORITY:HIGH]
to
[PRIORITY:NORMAL]

If you have a multicore CPU the HIGH priority could cause the DF process to 'jump' CPU's causing the lag. Please get back to me and let me know if either of these settings help. These are some of the only things I changed from standard DF settings in the INIT file.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 09:57:29 pm »

Thanks a lot for the help with the tiles, but now my cloth maker is refusing to make cloth. It says he cancels the job because he needs "15000 unrotten plants" or whatever. Is this normal? A vanilla bug? How would I fix it? Thanks a lot for your help. I've got a possessed metalcrafter who needs plant cloth I think.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 10:32:14 pm »

Is this just another mod or is it a complete makeover of DF Vanilla?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2011, 12:31:02 am »

Is this just another mod or is it a complete makeover of DF Vanilla?

It's a complete reworking of the vanilla content to extend the original Dwarf Fortress and increase the variety fourty-fold.

Sorry about not having V0.5 up yet guys... I got sick yesterday and I'm even worse today.

The13thRonin has been miserable lately, he has shivered in his +sheeps wool blanket+, he has eaten some *chicken noodle soup*.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2011, 04:05:36 am »

Best sleep it off or you'll be miserable for the whole week.  :) I doubt that many of us are already clamoring for a new release just yet. So, get well and then tweak the mod further. If work allows you to, that is. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2011, 11:30:20 am »

You should make an entire new race called Urist.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13