Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 60450 times)

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.4]
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2011, 01:05:39 am »

Found a problem; all the new alloys cannot be made, due to them not being on the PERMITTED_REACTION list for the dwarven or any civ. A simple enough fix; add
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:NORDIC_GOLD_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GREEN_GOLD_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PURPLE_GOLD_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BLUE_GOLD_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:WHITE_GOLD_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:TITANIUM_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:REDBRASS_MAKING](may or may not also be a typo)
to your entity_default in the section for PERMITTED_REACTION. I believe this will require a world regen.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.4]
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2011, 01:35:29 pm »

Just a friendly post to let you all know that I'm not dead and that I am still working on the mod when I can. Will push out V0.5 when it's ready with fixes to the issues mentioned above. Thanks for being patient guys :).

Also from what I can tell from the downloads 150 people are digging deeper again! Bravo! :)!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.5]
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2011, 04:16:30 pm »

Released V0.5 with some minor bug fixes as well as resolving the issues outlined above.

If there's no more major issues I should be working towards V1 soon now :).

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2011, 06:01:38 pm »

I've been using your mod during my weekly 24 hour justin.tv streams (justin.tv/yamamushi) :-) . I really hope there's no breakage when Toady releases the next version of DF.

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2011, 12:22:07 am »

please could you make it with the original textures?
I don't want fortells, and I prefer vanilla graphics.

Just rewrite your init in DATA/Init/Init, change the lines:

[GRAPHICS:YES]
to
[GRAPHICS:NO]

and

[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Herrbdog_16x16_tileset.png]
to
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]

This will revert to default graphics.

If you want default colouring as well just replace COLORS in DATA/INIT/COLORS with a default COLORS file from vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

I've been using your mod during my weekly 24 hour justin.tv streams (justin.tv/yamamushi) :-) . I really hope there's no breakage when Toady releases the next version of DF.

Glad to hear it. What day do you STREAM? Perhaps I can watch :)!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:24:36 am by The13thRonin »

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2011, 08:58:59 am »

Something I noticed in my last siege:

the barbed wire damage currently looks like blunt weapon trauma. Gobbos walking into traps I filled with rolls of high quality copper and cobalt barbed wire got bones shattered through armor, but no real cuts. Kind of amusing, in the 'expecting the wire to slice them up, but smashing up is good too' kind of way.

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:17 am »

Glad to hear it. What day do you STREAM? Perhaps I can watch :)!

I stream every Friday or Saturday, and I typically do it for 10-24 hours straight.

This weekend I finished up my 80 z-level high execution pit, lost a dwarf or two to some nasty trolls pushing them into the void. On the flipside, I also was able to test the pit by executing the leader of the last Goblin siege. It's really great to watch them explode when they hit the bottom of the magma sea.

This upcoming weekend I plan on finishing up the golden palace for my nobles. I'll shoot you a pm to let you know my plans for streaming :-)

Keep up the great work! :D

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 01:15:35 pm »

Something I noticed in my last siege:

the barbed wire damage currently looks like blunt weapon trauma. Gobbos walking into traps I filled with rolls of high quality copper and cobalt barbed wire got bones shattered through armor, but no real cuts. Kind of amusing, in the 'expecting the wire to slice them up, but smashing up is good too' kind of way.

Hm... very interesting. Thanks for the feedback... I'll have to look into replicating it and implement a fix :).

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2011, 08:57:10 am »

The weird part is that, in a new fort I started, traps with.. less high quality copper wire both cut and smashed up a Minotaur that came in to visit. After said Minotaur fell over from.. I presume, pain and exhaustion right on top of the traps. So it could just be in that fort (which I still have the save of, am just taking a break from it) the trap damage generator just rolled the smashing damage parts, since the goblins were armoured. Whereas, in this case, the Minotaur wasn't armoured with anything more than it's own skin, so the razor wire tore it up.

I haven't taken a serious look at the raws, so this is presuming the razor wire is supposed to both cut and smash, and in the goblin case the armour blocks the cutting effect and hence the combat report just coughs up the smashing damage.

redmenace.uk

• Bay Watcher
  • "Brew cornish rattler"...... "A party has begun"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2011, 09:25:02 am »

First off i love dig deeper, well done The13thRonin and thanks for making it, you're a legend. One small thing i would like to change and i wondered if it was possible, and if someone could help. The graphics tileset is fine, its the font and colours behind that i have an issue with, is it possible to alter to another font layout from another tileset, if so can you tell me the process required to do this, many thanks in advance cheers RED.
The Minotaur hacks Redmenace in the head with his copper battle axe, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull and tearing apart the brain!
Redmenace walks it off!...............;]

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:39 am »

Dig Deeper was my favorite mod back in the 40d days, and my longest-running fort in 40d was with Dig Deeper.  Once the next release of DF comes out I'm going to try out Dig Deeper with it.  I might even run a community fort, but probably not till mid-August at the earliest as I'll be away on vacation for a while.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2011, 11:39:40 am »

First off i love dig deeper, well done The13thRonin and thanks for making it, you're a legend. One small thing i would like to change and i wondered if it was possible, and if someone could help. The graphics tileset is fine, its the font and colours behind that i have an issue with, is it possible to alter to another font layout from another tileset, if so can you tell me the process required to do this, many thanks in advance cheers RED.

Thanks for the praise! The great thing is Dig Deeper is pretty customizable on the graphical front so I'll try to walk you through how to set it up how you'd like it :).

If you'd like to set the colors back to default simply grab a copy of vanilla dwarf fortress and replace the data/init/colors (that's colors.txt in DATA and then INIT) file in Dig Deeper with the vanilla one. So step by step would be:

1. Set up vanilla dwarf fortress.
2. Open up the DATA folder.
3. Open up the INIT folder.
4. Copy colors.txt
5 Paste colors.txt into same location in DIG DEEPER folder.
6. Replace file.
7. Enjoy default colors!

With the tileset, simply install whatever tileset you want into your data/art folder and open up data/init/init and replace the lines:
[FONT:Herrbdog_16x16_tileset.png]
[FULLFONT:Herrbdog_16x16_tileset.png]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Herrbdog_16x16_tileset.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Herrbdog_16x16_tileset.png]

with

[FONT:WHATEVER YOUR TILESET IS CALLED HERE]
[FULLFONT:WHATEVER YOUR TILESET IS CALLED HERE]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:WHATEVER YOUR TILESET IS CALLED HERE]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:WHATEVER YOUR TILESET IS CALLED HERE]

So if you wanted to install the default tileset again you would write:

[FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]

Or whatever the vanilla file uses (something similar)

Also if you want to revert to ASCII and not use the creature graphics just change:

[GRAPHICS:YES]
to
[GRAPHICS:NO]

I hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:41:39 am by The13thRonin »

Lazy_lizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2011, 01:48:03 am »

Hi, I like to point out that in the plant_standard_DD.txt teaks are called snakewoods and blue mahoes and sugis are missing opening brackets on their NAME_PLURAL and lack an ADJ tag entirely. Minor nitpicking on my part and I'm still looking forward to all the FUN.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2011, 04:18:05 am »

Hi, I like to point out that in the plant_standard_DD.txt teaks are called snakewoods and blue mahoes and sugis are missing opening brackets on their NAME_PLURAL and lack an ADJ tag entirely. Minor nitpicking on my part and I'm still looking forward to all the FUN.

Ah good pick up! Thank you :). How very embarrassing, us modders do make mistakes though :P! I'll fix it up for the next update :).

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2011, 06:08:05 am »

So, I've been trying to figure out why I haven't encountered Mithril in any of my games yet (I use DFprospector to check sites out). I took a look at the raws, and I think the problem is this:

[INORGANIC:MITHRIL_ORE]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:PLATINUM:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GOLD:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SILVER:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]

Should be, I think:
[INORGANIC:MITHRIL_ORE]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:NATIVE_PLATINUM:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:NATIVE_GOLD:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:NATIVE_SILVER:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]

Not that we need more extremely powerful metal to kill orcs/goblins/elves/sundry other creatures with.... Wait, what am I saying, of course we do!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13