Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 59727 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

"Sometimes we find others in the darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again."

[YOU HAVE STRUCK...]

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

You can find the download here: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version 1.2]
DOWNLOAD AND PLAY... PRE-PACKAGED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!

Welcome to the newest iteration of Dig Deeper! This project started long ago as a desire for me to write new materials into the game as I wanted to increase the variation between fortresses and even individual dwarves. Sooner or later I began to add other things such as new creatures and new weapons. Before long the additions began to become quite numerous and I decided to release Dig Deeper to the forums. Dig Deeper was created with specific goals in mind... These are to:

- Increase the variance in the content of the game.
- Increase the challenge to cater for more experienced users.
- Maintain the 'feel' of vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

Here is a complete list of all additions [and a partial list of the changes] that this modification makes to the base game:

THE README.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want to wear my text signature you can do this by putting this in your profile forum signature box:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:58:37 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.1]
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 07:58:57 pm »

I'm pretty good at pixel art, but I have no idea how DF's art palettes works.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »

Don't forget to leave feedback guys. I always like to get feedback on how things are going with the mod :).

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 03:30:27 am »

What are your plans for the next version?

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:26:30 am »

Hey The13thRonin I hope you dont mind but i have started a community fortress called AncientAshes using your mod. And thanks for bringing back one of the greats.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:54 am »

Hey The13thRonin I hope you dont mind but i have started a community fortress called AncientAshes using your mod. And thanks for bringing back one of the greats.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing community forts which use the mod, thanks :). I'll be following closely! Be sure to drop back in to give me feedback on how you think the changes are.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 04:55:14 am »

IT'S HERE
IT'S BACK
It's been downloaded!

Thank yooooou!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 05:28:36 am »

Looks pretty darn interesting, I'll probably download soon! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 05:44:06 am »

Great :).

You know that bamboo is also a grass, right? Something like "long bamboo" or "aged bamboo" would be better. Of course with a better name.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 07:55:33 am »

I like the idea of "[...] figurine" in the toy additions but this could be confusing with the "figurine of [...]" from crafts. Perhaps if the word 'figurine' was changed to 'doll' or 'model'?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:57:10 am »

What are your plans for the next version?

Expand on the base I've set myself. New metals, new woods, more creatures, etc. If there's an area anyone would like particular focus on let me know.

You know that bamboo is also a grass, right? Something like "long bamboo" or "aged bamboo" would be better. Of course with a better name.

Its considered to be a grass by some because of the manner in which it grows in the same way that some people categorise a tomato as a fruit even though we treat it as a vegetable so I'm not too sure about the name-change but I will give it somemore thought. Thanks for the suggestion!

I like the idea of "[...] figurine" in the toy additions but this could be confusing with the "figurine of [...]" from crafts. Perhaps if the word 'figurine' was changed to 'doll' or 'model'?

I didn't even realise that you could make craft figurines... I hadn't played in awhile. Thank you for picking that up! In the next version I will rename all toy figurines to "dolls" and get rid of my generic doll entry.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:03:41 am by The13thRonin »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 11:19:16 am »

Its considered to be a grass by some because of the manner in which it grows in the same way that some people categorise a tomato as a fruit even though we treat it as a vegetable so I'm not too sure about the name-change but I will give it somemore thought. Thanks for the suggestion!
I don't mind if it's considered a tree. But two plants with the same name is confusing, that's why I suggested it. I meant that bamboo is also a grass in DF, pandas eat it there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 11:29:13 am »

I don't mind if it's considered a tree. But two plants with the same name is confusing, that's why I suggested it. I meant that bamboo is also a grass in DF, pandas eat it there.

Ah I see. Do pandas eat all grasses or just the bamboo grass? I may just remove the vanilla grass entity and stick with the wood one?

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 11:40:51 am »

Pandas only eat bamboo grass, as far as I know.  Very hard to keep them alive if you don't have it, obviously.

Would you mind if I roll my Dwarven Hive mod into this when the next version of DF comes out?  I'm looking to roll it into a larger mod other than Genesis (not because Genesis is anything less than excellent, mind you - it's just what I've been playing with for a while so I'm looking for variety) and then doing a community fort. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 11:41:59 am »

Is the readme included with the download? I'm going to start on the art this week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13