Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 59740 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.1]
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 11:42:54 am »

Pandas only eat bamboo grass, as far as I know.  Very hard to keep them alive if you don't have it, obviously.

Would you mind if I roll my Dwarven Hive mod into this when the next version of DF comes out?  I'm looking to roll it into a larger mod other than Genesis (not because Genesis is anything less than excellent, mind you - it's just what I've been playing with for a while so I'm looking for variety) and then doing a community fort.

What do you mean 'roll it into'? Do you mean release the combined version as a download or combine it with your mod to be used in a community fort?

Is the readme included with the download? I'm going to start on the art this week.

Yes but it's also in the first post. Just click the spoilers under README.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 11:44:17 am »

I noticed that but I didn't want to keep having to go back online to access it.

Expect an update from me sometime in the next few weeks.  :D

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 11:48:24 am »

You know that bamboo is also a grass, right? Something like "long bamboo" or "aged bamboo" would be better. Of course with a better name.

Its considered to be a grass by some because of the manner in which it grows in the same way that some people categorise a tomato as a fruit even though we treat it as a vegetable so I'm not too sure about the name-change but I will give it somemore thought. Thanks for the suggestion!
I don't mind if it's considered a tree. But two plants with the same name is confusing, that's why I suggested it. I meant that bamboo is also a grass in DF, pandas eat it there.

I'll rename the wood 'long bamboo' for now. Thanks for that.

EDIT: Actually, I'll rename the grasses to be 'bamboo shoots'. That should do the trick.

I also found that in vanilla Dwarf Fortress Toady forgot to remove teeth from sea-nettle jellyfish. I've done that.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:59:20 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 12:55:23 pm »

You know that bamboo is also a grass, right? Something like "long bamboo" or "aged bamboo" would be better. Of course with a better name.

Its considered to be a grass by some because of the manner in which it grows in the same way that some people categorize a tomato as a fruit even though we treat it as a vegetable so I'm not too sure about the name-change but I will give it some more thought. Thanks for the suggestion!

A tomato is an angiosperm and thus has 'fruit'. Same with grass and bamboo, which are in the true-grass family and also angiosperms. Bamboo is just tree-like.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 03:36:07 pm »

What do you mean 'roll it into'? Do you mean release the combined version as a download or combine it with your mod to be used in a community fort?

Originally, just the second option, but if you were open to it, it might be fun to do the former as well.  Dig Deeper was the first mod I ever played, and I'll probably never make something so large - but adding my hive dwarf races (bug dwarves (playable and hostile) and spider-elves) to Dig Deeper might be an interesting option. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »

Originally, just the second option, but if you were open to it, it might be fun to do the former as well.  Dig Deeper was the first mod I ever played, and I'll probably never make something so large - but adding my hive dwarf races (bug dwarves (playable and hostile) and spider-elves) to Dig Deeper might be an interesting option.

I'll have a look at your mod and see if there's anything there I can use. Feel free to make a community fort. I actively encourage people to do this, in fact I like nothing better (and if you want to mesh the files for it, go right ahead, just be careful, I've changed most of the vanilla folders so if you overwrite anything you could break something)!

I reworked the "Toys" we were talking about before and I remade the figurines as dolls... Eventually I'd like to have one for every single creature and profession (as well) for sentinent races. So far this is what I came up with.

[85]

- Alligator doll
- Ball
- Black bear doll
- Bonobo doll
- Bronze colossus doll
- Buzzard doll
- Capybara doll
- Carp doll
- Cat doll
- Dark gnome doll
- Deer doll
- Dog doll
- Cave troll doll
- Centaur doll
- Cheetah doll
- Chimera doll
- Chimpanzee doll
- Cougar doll
- Cyclops doll
- Dark elf doll
- Dragon doll
- Dwarf doll
- Elephant doll
- Elf doll
- Ettin doll
- Fairy doll
- Fox doll
- Frill shark doll
- Gazelle doll
- Giant cave spider doll
- Giant doll
- Gigantic panda doll
- Giant eagle doll
- Giraffe doll
- Gorilla doll
- Great white shark doll
- Gremlin doll
- Griffon doll
- Grizzly bear doll
- Groundhog doll
- Hoary marmot doll
- Human doll
- Jaguar doll:
- Kobold doll
- Leopard doll
- Lion doll
- Lizard doll
- Mandrill doll
- Marble set
- Minotaur doll
- Mountain gnome doll
- Mountain goat doll
- Music box
- Ogre doll
- Orangutan doll
- Orc doll
- Panda doll
- Panda man doll
- Pixie doll
- Polar bear doll
- Raccoon doll
- Rhesus macaque doll
- Rhinoceros doll
- Sasquatch doll
- Satyr doll
- Sea lamprey doll
- Spinning top
- Spiny dogfish doll
- Tentacle demon doll
- Tiger doll
- Toad doll
- Toy crossbow
- Toy crown
- Toy mining pick
- Toy spear
- Toy sword
- Turtle doll
- Unicorn doll
- Walrus doll
- Warthog doll
- Werewolf doll
- Whale doll
- Wizard doll
- Wolf doll
- Yeti doll

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 04:14:19 pm »

Omg just got attacked by a giant panda and holy crow are they tough, took my fighter and tore him apart, note to self avoid giant creatures. :o

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »

loving all the above ground plants though not seeing much in a terrifying region, thats ok with me though, means more want to trade

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »

I'm happy to take suggestions for what to focus on modding in next. I've just finished adding in some new woods and I think I'll have a run at more metals and creatures shortly. V0.2 will have over 500 additions but it's not going to be released until it's good and ready. I want to have some time to finetune and beta-test it.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »

I'll have a look at your mod and see if there's anything there I can use. Feel free to make a community fort. I actively encourage people to do this, in fact I like nothing better (and if you want to mesh the files for it, go right ahead, just be careful, I've changed most of the vanilla folders so if you overwrite anything you could break something)!

Okay.  Just give me a day or so to get the latest RAW files to you.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.2]
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »

I decided I was unhappy with the graphics included in V0.1 so V0.2 has totally updated graphics, a new colour scheme and all those goodies. I didn't make any of the graphics myself I simply meshed them together from various other more talented peoples tilesets and palattes and ensured that they would work with Dig Deeper (if I used your work in some way and you are unhappy contact me and I will take it down). I will get around to writing up acknowledgements as soon as I can for these sorts of things. In lieu of my unhappiness with the graphics I am releasing V0.2 way ahead of schedule choc full of little tweaks as well as the major graphical overhaul. I will get pictures up in the OP soon enough but trust me, it's looking good. Check it out for yourself!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

I've always heard good things about Dig Deeper.  I'm busy with a fort now, but I'm posting here so I'll remember to check it out when I'm done.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 02:35:13 am »

If there's one thing  I love, it's more depth and realism in games.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle this much, but here goes everything.  Downloading, and starting a community fort with it.  This is, I should mention, the first mod I'm playing with DF aside from graphics packs.  I'm excited to see what happens, and hope you'll follow my humble story as well.

Here is the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87200.0
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 09:15:31 am »

If there's one thing  I love, it's more depth and realism in games.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle this much, but here goes everything.  Downloading, and starting a community fort with it.  This is, I should mention, the first mod I'm playing with DF aside from graphics packs.  I'm excited to see what happens, and hope you'll follow my humble story as well.

Here is the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87200.0

I shall subscribe, I hope you enjoy your first experience with the world of mods :).

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:28 am »

I downloaded DDG and while I don't have the time for a community fortress (yet), I am looking forward to digging deeper once more.

Just a small question: I see you haven't added new weapons or armour. Is that still on the to-do list or are you happy with the weapons that vanilla DF has?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13