Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 59718 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.2]
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 09:31:53 am »

I downloaded DDG and while I don't have the time for a community fortress (yet), I am looking forward to digging deeper once more.

Just a small question: I see you haven't added new weapons or armour. Is that still on the to-do list or are you happy with the weapons that vanilla DF has?

It is most definitely on the to-do list for the very next release! I want to do it right and not just include it before its ready as a hatchet job. But you will have them soon enough :)! Please don't forget to come back and leave some feed-back when you get the chance!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.1]
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:07 am »

I'm happy to take suggestions for what to focus on modding in next. ...

I've grown (although painfully) to like the Alchemy mods in Civ Forge. There is still a bug with producing powders, but you can import some of them. I like being able to make Mithril, Incendium, Glacium, etc.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:20 am »

It is most definitely on the to-do list for the very next release! I want to do it right and not just include it before its ready as a hatchet job. But you will have them soon enough :)! Please don't forget to come back and leave some feed-back when you get the chance!

Take your time. :) I too prefer a masterwork later than a rushjob now. And once I took the mod for a spin, I'll report back. But I played the earlier versions way back and since those were excellent, I'm pretty sure this one will be too. ;)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:18 am »

Discovered a minor bug that was really slowing down world gen when genning a LARGE REGION like map. Uploaded V0.3 to fix the problem. That's the only fix included right now. Link in the OP. World's should gen a lot faster now. A LOT faster.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.3]
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 02:05:07 pm »

Discovered a minor bug that was really slowing down world gen when genning a LARGE REGION like map. Uploaded V0.3 to fix the problem. That's the only fix included right now. Link in the OP. World's should gen a lot faster now. A LOT faster.
Mind sharing such useful info so we modders avoid the same problem?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 03:41:52 pm »

what do razorwires do?

Simply like a weapon trap. I haven't done extensive testing on them yet but they should 'activate' when something runs over them like a weapon trap. They're simply long rolls of 'barbed' or 'razor-sharp' wire that is designed to cut up anything that tries to move through it. Eventually I will attempt to nerf all traps and give them distinct roles.

Mind sharing such useful info so we modders avoid the same problem?

I was playing around in the world parameters to attempt to increase the presence of orcs and dark elves and I made the stupid mistake of removing the SITE and CIV pop cap limits in V0.2. This resulted in thousands of sites popping up which while increasing the presence of everything resulted in world-gen lasting for roughly 3 hours. Just a silly mistake on my part.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 05:07:13 pm »

Your mod looks incredible. Lots of new toys and a ton of new variety :). I did notice something when looking through the raws that might be a typo, it looks like under your reaction for making red brass its set up to pump out 1,500 bars, instead of the 10 bars it looks like you want it to. I haven't tried it yet though, so I very well could be wrong. Very cool though, I can't wait to try it :).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 05:39:05 pm »

It not just "looks incredible", Alem, it plays incredible :).

I can recommend this mod as a good example of a great mod design. While I am not able to mod right now due to RL reasons and my mods stall, I am happy that The13thRonin is back, now I can be sure that our community gets new and awesome things while I slack at delivering :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »

Sorry, I got called into work today, so my getting material to you will be delayed a bit.  I'll get it to you asap.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB: GRAPHICS_SURGEON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:18 pm »

I have fond memories of the first Dig Deeper, glad to see it's back. I remember purposefully embarking on top of a kobold cave, and trying to make a 'dwarven research outpost' to watch over them. I think by the second year they had all been killed by orcs. Good times, good times...

If I may make a request, could you also put up a uninstalled version? Some of us are stuck with dial-up, and 7MBs take a fair amount of time to get, especially if we have to download it every time you update. Would be a lot quicker with an uninstalled version.

Still, glad it's back.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »

I have fond memories of the first Dig Deeper

As do many of us. My first 'successful' fortress (as in how I did not abandon after 3 or 4 years cuz of boredom (not FPS wise)) was when playing this mod. The orcs really took me out of my usual comfort zone that time, and gave me motivation to keep adding on and improving existing defenses. While goblins fall after a decent military, the orcs did not, so I had to really work hard to achieve victory.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 01:36:27 am »

Your mod looks incredible. Lots of new toys and a ton of new variety :). I did notice something when looking through the raws that might be a typo, it looks like under your reaction for making red brass its set up to pump out 1,500 bars, instead of the 10 bars it looks like you want it to. I haven't tried it yet though, so I very well could be wrong. Very cool though, I can't wait to try it :).

Oh wow that's an embarrassing mistake!! Thanks for picking that up I will fix it and release it under 0.4 as soon as possible.

It not just "looks incredible", Alem, it plays incredible :).

I can recommend this mod as a good example of a great mod design. While I am not able to mod right now due to RL reasons and my mods stall, I am happy that The13thRonin is back, now I can be sure that our community gets new and awesome things while I slack at delivering :).

Wow thanks Deon, from such a talanted modder that's a real complement... You're too kind :)! Even though Dig Deeper is all about including more content I'm always wary of making sure that quality isn't sacrificed for quantity. It's hard but I like to think I succeed more often than not!

I have fond memories of the first Dig Deeper, glad to see it's back. I remember purposefully embarking on top of a kobold cave, and trying to make a 'dwarven research outpost' to watch over them. I think by the second year they had all been killed by orcs. Good times, good times...

If I may make a request, could you also put up a uninstalled version? Some of us are stuck with dial-up, and 7MBs take a fair amount of time to get, especially if we have to download it every time you update. Would be a lot quicker with an uninstalled version.

Still, glad it's back.

Done deal. Every version from 0.4 onward will include an uninstalled version as well. I will tag them seperately in the first post. For now I'll still include the graphics with them though which still might put the file at 1-2MBs... We'll have to see.

I have fond memories of the first Dig Deeper

As do many of us. My first 'successful' fortress (as in how I did not abandon after 3 or 4 years cuz of boredom (not FPS wise)) was when playing this mod. The orcs really took me out of my usual comfort zone that time, and gave me motivation to keep adding on and improving existing defenses. While goblins fall after a decent military, the orcs did not, so I had to really work hard to achieve victory.

I hope to make the orcs just as brutal in this version. Make sure you guys give me feedback on how I can improve them. Right now I think they are slightly weaker than they were in V1.4B but that can be fixed with patience and time.

Solid work will continue this weekend on the mod guys. Until then I'm working all week. Will try to introduce some minor stuff before then though. Still looking for people to create lets plays/community forts and people to contribute art (in-game screenies, pixel graphics and hand-drawn or computer-drawn sketches).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:05:08 am by The13thRonin »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.4]
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 08:55:10 am »

I wish to incorporate the orcs from this mod into this other one I'm using. Is copy and pasting the 'entity_orcs.txt' file from the Dig Deeper raws over to the other mod's raws enough?

Edit: OK, it did not work at all. I also C+P the language file over, and still nothing. What else should I do?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:00:10 am by Pan »

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 11:19:42 am »

Did you add the creature definition of orcs themselves? So far you've described how you added the civ definition of orcs.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 11:35:41 am »

Ah, yeah that did it. Thinking on it, it's quite silly, me C+P-ing their ethics, morals and language, but completely forgot the creature themselves. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13