Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 60446 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 0.5]
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2011, 07:55:24 am »

So, I've been trying to figure out why I haven't encountered Mithril in any of my games yet (I use DFprospector to check sites out). I took a look at the raws, and I think the problem is this:

[INORGANIC:MITHRIL_ORE]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:PLATINUM:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GOLD:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SILVER:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]

Should be, I think:
[INORGANIC:MITHRIL_ORE]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:NATIVE_PLATINUM:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:NATIVE_GOLD:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:NATIVE_SILVER:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]

Not that we need more extremely powerful metal to kill orcs/goblins/elves/sundry other creatures with.... Wait, what am I saying, of course we do!

Ah thanks! I will fix for the next update. I really appreciate everyone helping with the RAWS :)! It really does help.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:25 am »

I've also noticed that Smelters don't contain the reactions to make the different kinds of gold!  When I look at Iron, it says that such a reaction exists, but the smelter just doesn't have it!  Include that in the next update, too, please!

Also, I dunno if it's just because of the game I've been playing (I'm on my 8th year of a pocket world), but Dark Elves and Orcs don't exist.  I assume it's only because they died out sometime early, since I'm in the 1060s right now.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »

I've also noticed that Smelters don't contain the reactions to make the different kinds of gold!  When I look at Iron, it says that such a reaction exists, but the smelter just doesn't have it!  Include that in the next update, too, please!

Also, I dunno if it's just because of the game I've been playing (I'm on my 8th year of a pocket world), but Dark Elves and Orcs don't exist.  I assume it's only because they died out sometime early, since I'm in the 1060s right now.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I do recommend you play on a large world. Pocket worlds may generate unexpected results.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:20 pm »

Man i love this mod, i also love the barbwire, putting it on the bottom of my drawbridge pit, nothing survives >:D
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2011, 07:01:57 pm »

[REACTION:TITANIUM_MAKING] is not working. Dwarfs were carrying all of the rutile I had to the smelter after which I got a cancel message about titanium requiring 450 rutile. I changed

[REAGENT:A:450:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:RUTILE]
[REAGENT:B:150:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:ROCK_SALT]

to

[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RUTILE]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ROCK_SALT]

and now it works.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »

450 when applied in the sense of bars is three bars.
450 when applied in the sense of boulders is 450 boulders.

Just thought I'd clear that up, just in case.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2011, 09:57:03 am »

So, I guess the intent was:

[REAGENT:A:3:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RUTILE]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ROCK_SALT]

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2011, 10:01:52 am »

I'm not getting Dark Elves and Orcs in Fortress Mode. They are listed in the populations txt file and on the pre-embark screen that shows civs that you can interact with from an embark site. I did get them in Adventure mode

redmenace.uk

• Bay Watcher
  • "Brew cornish rattler"...... "A party has begun"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2011, 04:21:00 am »

First off i'm currently playing dig deeper, well done The13thRonin and thanks for making it, you're a legend. One small thing i would like to change and i wondered if it was possible, and if someone could help. The graphics tileset is fine, its the font and colours behind that i have an issue with, is it possible to alter to another font layout from another tileset, if so can you tell me the process required to do this, many thanks in advance cheers RED.
The Minotaur hacks Redmenace in the head with his copper battle axe, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull and tearing apart the brain!
Redmenace walks it off!...............;]

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:22 am »

First off i'm currently playing dig deeper, well done The13thRonin and thanks for making it, you're a legend. One small thing i would like to change and i wondered if it was possible, and if someone could help. The graphics tileset is fine, its the font and colours behind that i have an issue with, is it possible to alter to another font layout from another tileset, if so can you tell me the process required to do this, many thanks in advance cheers RED.

I've left a detailed message back at your first post explaining how to do this?

redmenace.uk

• Bay Watcher
  • "Brew cornish rattler"...... "A party has begun"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2011, 07:28:48 pm »

I've left a detailed message back at your first post explaining how to do this?
as i said yr a legend thanks fella sorry completely missed the post my mistake works a treat keep up the good work m8.....cheers RED
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:36:57 pm by redmenace.uk »
The Minotaur hacks Redmenace in the head with his copper battle axe, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull and tearing apart the brain!
Redmenace walks it off!...............;]

Aiur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:12 pm »

I played the original Dig Deeper quite a while ago, and produced one of my most successful fortresses with it. I was wondering if you were planning on adding back in the diverse weapons from that version?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2011, 12:53:58 am »

Just a note. I am still working on this. I mod for several games, I also play games and have to attend to real life commitments like family and work. Work especially takes up a lot of my time.

Had I been born in America I have no doubt that I would have become a full-time video game developer and devoted all my time to this kind of stuff but unfortunately I was born in Australia instead where there is not much of an industry for it and unless you know some noteworthy people you're shit out of luck. So this must stay a much beloved hobby which I can only afford the little free-time I can scrape together :(. I'm still dreaming that one day I will pick up enough programming knowledge to create an indie game and hopefully get a foot in the industry but without any kind of formal training my chances of becoming adapt at much outside of basic scripting are kind of zilch.

If you're reading this and you have always wanted to create a mod or do some scripting or something though I heavily encourage it. Everything I learned (which is admittedly very little) I have taught myself. I have no flair for mathematics and no classes in computers. If you want to do something just go out and teach yourself how to do it. As time goes on and you learn how to do one little thing and then another little thing soon enough you know quite a bit :). The Dwarf Fortress RAWS are quite simple and a great place to start!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:57:18 am by The13thRonin »

wp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2011, 11:03:06 am »

Hi, I like to point out that in the plant_standard_DD.txt teaks are called snakewoods and blue mahoes and sugis are missing opening brackets on their NAME_PLURAL and lack an ADJ tag entirely. Minor nitpicking on my part and I'm still looking forward to all the FUN.

I went in to correct this on my game and noticed that [PLANT:CONIFER_SANDARAC] had the same problem.

again, great work.

wp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2011, 01:08:06 pm »

I'm playing around with getting Phoebus' graphics pack to work with your mod and looking at the differences between your stuff and Phoebus' because I've found that I can't just copy Phoebus graphics pack over your mod. 

In the inorganic_stone_mineral file, the [INORGANIC:LIGNITE] is missing [ITEM_SYMBOL: ] thingy

don't know if this is important as I'm not a programer.

Also, I noticed that Phoebus left out [ITEM_SYMBOL: ] on his Cinnabar but you have it on yours.  So I'm wondering if maybe some of them should be left out for whatever reason.  I don't know but I'm thinking that they are suppose to be there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13