Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 60370 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Just your friendly neighbourhood bay watcher spreading the word that a succession fort is being made around this thread £:
(For all who want to know about the results this mod can achieve xD)

Hammyham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ~~~ Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 1.0] ~~~ ***+500 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT***
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2011, 10:39:12 pm »

Not sure if its dig deeper that causing it but after I updated to 1.0 I have only once (15+ attempts) generated a world deeper than 40 levels (3 caverns each about 1 solid level apart)  and that had 90 levels of Hell 24 pages of undead and demons >.< in 0.5 this was rare.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2011, 04:39:18 am »

Not sure if its dig deeper that causing it but after I updated to 1.0 I have only once (15+ attempts) generated a world deeper than 40 levels (3 caverns each about 1 solid level apart)  and that had 90 levels of Hell 24 pages of undead and demons >.< in 0.5 this was rare.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Dig Deeper, I have not and cannot change anything to do with height distribution, caverns or hell as this stuff is all hard-coded (untouchable). What you are likely seeing is changes Toady has made if you have upgraded from the last base version of Dwarf Fortress or if you haven't updated it could very well just be bad luck? Once again I assure you that there is nothing in this mod that could in any way be causing that.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2011, 09:54:34 am »

This has absolutely nothing to do with Dig Deeper, I have not and cannot change anything to do with height distribution, caverns or hell as this stuff is all hard-coded (untouchable). What you are likely seeing is changes Toady has made if you have upgraded from the last base version of Dwarf Fortress or if you haven't updated it could very well just be bad luck? Once again I assure you that there is nothing in this mod that could in any way be causing that.

Weird world parameters maybe?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:26 pm »

Anyone going to comment on the new version? ???

Hello... Anybody out there? :P

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:22 pm »

Anyone going to comment on the new version? ???

Hello... Anybody out there? :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2011, 02:00:27 pm »

I think I'll write up a communal fort on this when I get the time. Or unless anyone's interested in a succession?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »

I think I'll write up a communal fort on this when I get the time. Or unless anyone's interested in a succession?
Just your friendly neighbourhood bay watcher spreading the word that a succession fort is being made around this thread £:
(For all who want to know about the results this mod can achieve xD)

Anyway, I've been thinking: would you consider turning brass and black bronze into weapon/armor-grade metals? They've been used for that in real life.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »

Meh, Black Bronze for pots maybe (Ancient Laconian Dwarves FTW), but otherwise I wouldn't. Someone else might.

Actually, now I might. Dammit suggestive Deathsword :d

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:12 pm »

I'm assuming control of this thread!

not really...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2011, 05:35:17 pm »

I'm assuming control of this thread!

not really...

aaaaaand now Ronin is stuck with us :P

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »

Slight error in plant_standard_DD.txt.  [PLANT:SEAWEED_GREEN] has [BIOME_ANY_OCEAN], which isn't a valid token.  [BIOME:ANY_OCEAN] is the valid token, although I don't think that plants will actually appear in the ocean even with that.

My own personal mod is based off Dig Deeper, with a whole lot of additional content I threw in or copied out of other mods.  I'm actually holding off starting any major new fortresses until the next version comes out.  I expect that all mods will need updating when that happens.  I have some ideas for a community fortress to run once that happens.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »

I've been meaning to comment for a while now: whenever I see a mod introduce a lot of new content (i.e. Dig Deeper and Genesis), I find I want to see a 'tech tree' of sorts introducing the new alloys and extracts. At present the Genesis thread OP has a flow chart of sorts for the alloys but nothing on the plant side. All the information is there for us to dig up, especially if we read the raws, but it'd help newcomers to the mod if you organise it in an easy-to-absorb way.

Afterall, when we learnt DF vanilla we all had to learn which plants can be milled, threshed, cooked or brewed and what seasons they grow in. There aren't many plants in vanilla and normally people ignore the surface plants while they learn the underground plants as those are the constants that every fort can expect to work with. It's a long process to learn everything relevant about farming and without control over the food industry nothing else can happen in a fort.

Similarly, we learn various facts about the metals before we're competently fielding armies. In what order are the metals best for sharp or blunted weapons? Which are best for armours? What are the requirements to make the combat alloys (bronze and steel for vanilla)? Which geological category of rocks should we be aiming for to find them? What about melting points, in case magma gets involved?

It's a lot of information and for vanilla there isn't much metals or plants that we need to memorise all this for. One of the hesitations holding me back from playing a big 'new contents' mod is that I have to go through this noob process of soaking up information and I'm not receiving much if any help in this process (unlike vanilla DF which has a wiki plus an extremely helpful and erudite forum community). I don't need help learning everything about the new content, but the food industry (so domesticated animals information too) and war gear industry are the most relevant sectors for fortress survival. I'd like to see the additions in these areas be presented in a succinct way (so a table or a tech tree flowchart perhaps).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2011, 06:51:51 pm »

Thanks for the fix Sphalerite. I really have to get around to adding a credits/thank you list to everyone who helps squash bugs and implement new features. I will soon :).

Psieye that's a good idea and I'll work on some resources for the front page later today (got a few things to sort out first).

I'm still looking for any artists maybe to help me create banners and/or cute representations of stuff from the mod to showcase it. Likewise I am looking for people to start community forts to get word out that the mod is not dead :).

All help is appreciated!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2011, 10:37:38 pm »

Quite frankly, what the FUCK is up with domestic animals. They keep trying to kill me ( and did )
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13