Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 59729 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ~~~ Dig Deeper GOLD [Version: 1.0] ~~~ ***+500 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT***
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:24 pm »

Whenever I see a mod introduce a lot of new content (i.e. Dig Deeper and Genesis), I find I want to see a 'tech tree' of sorts introducing the new alloys and extracts. At present the Genesis thread OP has a flow chart of sorts for the alloys but nothing on the plant side.
Did you try to read the included help file? :) It has all the info.

Also, the second post.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2011, 01:06:01 pm »

Quite frankly, what the FUCK is up with domestic animals. They keep trying to kill me ( and did )

This happens in vanilla DF too, if you have too many animals in too small of a space.  Use pastures to put grazing animals where they can get grass, stick egg-layers in sealed-off rooms full of nest boxes, assign war dogs/bears/whatever to chains at the entrance, make pasture zones over your food stockpiles and assign cats there.  Don't let your domestic animals just wander around loose, they'll all congregate in your meeting area, get crowded and pissed off, and start attacking your dwarves.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Lazy_lizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2011, 03:06:14 pm »

we still can't use olive oil for soap making because it uses the plant extract template instead of the plant oil template. I'm not sure how high a priority that is for you though.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2011, 02:57:08 am »

we still can't use olive oil for soap making because it uses the plant extract template instead of the plant oil template. I'm not sure how high a priority that is for you though.

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the soaps, I tried playing with the RAWS but it didn't work out the way I wanted it to... Do you have Teamspeak? I'd love to have a sit down chat about it so we could hash something out.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Lazy_lizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2011, 02:01:37 pm »

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the soaps, I tried playing with the RAWS but it didn't work out the way I wanted it to... Do you have Teamspeak? I'd love to have a sit down chat about it so we could hash something out.

I don't have Teamspeak, but in my own tooling around with the raws I managed to produce some soap from the olives, though I needed to make a new reaction to make it realistic. I'll post the raws below.

Modified olives.
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:OLIVE_TREE]
[NAME:olive][NAME_PLURAL:olives][ADJ:olive]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:OIL:PLANT_OIL_TEMPLATE] the plant oil template can be turned into soap
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen olive oil]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:olive oil]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling olive oil]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:olive]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID_PRESSED:olive press cake]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:OIL]
[STOCKPILE_GLOB_PRESSED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:231][PICKED_COLOR:6:0:0]
[DRY][WET][BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[GROWDUR:600][VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:PLANT_SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:olive soap]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:melted olive soap]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:olive pit:olive pits:7:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SUMMER][AUTUMN][SPRING]
[FREQUENCY:25]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:bitter taste]

Reaction: unfortunately does not yield seeds
[REACTION:PRESS_OIL_2]
[NAME:press liquid from plant]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_SHIFT_P]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT]
[NOT_PRESSED]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:paste:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:NONE][PRODUCT_PRESSED]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

for some weird reason if I declared the oil material before the structural material in the plant raws, I'd get lots of Liquid[5] instead of Olive oil[5]. I'll be damned if I know why.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:27 am »

Long, long ago I did a Community Fort for your mod, called Knifemurders. I know you enjoyed that fort, and were quite sad when it died (due to me going away to college. I had an excuse!)

While I can't resurrect that fort, what with my new computer, I DID make a new fort! Lashevil is in the Community Forts section now!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:25 am »

You forgot a direct link.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2012, 01:06:51 am »

Why, yes I did! Here you go: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99543.0

I'm playing the fort now, so there will probably be at least one more update (if not two) tonight.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:57 am »

I don't have Teamspeak, but in my own tooling around with the raws I managed to produce some soap from the olives, though I needed to make a new reaction to make it realistic. I'll post the raws below.

Modified olives.
[PLANT:OLIVE_TREE]
[NAME:olive][NAME_PLURAL:olives][ADJ:olive]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:OIL:PLANT_OIL_TEMPLATE] the plant oil template can be turned into soap
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen olive oil]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:olive oil]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling olive oil]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:olive]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID_PRESSED:olive press cake]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:OIL]
[STOCKPILE_GLOB_PRESSED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:231][PICKED_COLOR:6:0:0]
[DRY][WET][BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[GROWDUR:600][VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:PLANT_SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:olive soap]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:melted olive soap]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:olive pit:olive pits:7:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SUMMER][AUTUMN][SPRING]
[FREQUENCY:25]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:bitter taste]

Reaction: unfortunately does not yield seeds
[REACTION:PRESS_OIL_2]
[NAME:press liquid from plant]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_SHIFT_P]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT]
[NOT_PRESSED]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:paste:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:NONE][PRODUCT_PRESSED]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

for some weird reason if I declared the oil material before the structural material in the plant raws, I'd get lots of Liquid[5] instead of Olive oil[5]. I'll be damned if I know why.
Drop [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] under [BASIC_MAT:...] in the plant and you can call apon seeds in a product.
[PRODUCT:65:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT]

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2012, 11:21:46 pm »

I'm very new and not familiar with this game very much.  The readme doesn't describe how to install this mod.  Such changes might be obvious to current players or veterans, but new players have no clue.  I searched the forums and wiki for 90mins yet no instructions for installing mods for the Lazy Newb Pack.exe.  Ideally I would like to include the exotic animals and aquifers mods as well since they're available by default within the Lazy Newb Pack installation, but I would be willing to make sacrifices for this mod. So my questions:
  1) How to add this mod so it appears as an option within the Lazy Newb Pack?  {Hope this gets added to a future readme so new players like me can use their time for gaming instead of hunting/searching the forums.) 
  2) What other mods are compatiable with this mod?  {Knowing this information within the readme would make this mod more likely to be used by the community)

Anyways I would like to add this mod into a future game or perhaps a current game and any advice would be appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »

The lazy newb pack does not install mods, but utilities. Utilities are third-party programs outside of Dwarf Fortress. It cant install this for you...

The "installation" of this mod is easy: The pre-packaged version is already installed. Just run DF.exe.

The other version is the pure raw files. Go to dwarffortress/raw and copy what you downloaded into there, replacing everything.

This mod is rather huge, and the bigger a mod is, the smaller the chances for compability. The Fortress Defense Mod II should be ok though, if the game is too easy for you.

EDIT: Adding this mod to a current fortress is impossble. You have to generate a new world
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2012, 03:43:57 pm »

The lazy newb pack does not install mods, but utilities. Utilities are third-party programs outside of Dwarf Fortress. It cant install this for you...

The "installation" of this mod is easy: The pre-packaged version is already installed. Just run DF.exe.

The other version is the pure raw files. Go to dwarffortress/raw and copy what you downloaded into there, replacing everything.

This mod is rather huge, and the bigger a mod is, the smaller the chances for compability. The Fortress Defense Mod II should be ok though, if the game is too easy for you.

EDIT: Adding this mod to a current fortress is impossble. You have to generate a new world

Yep, this is right :).

I'm still around by the way! Waiting for the release of the new version to roll out more mod updates. Can't wait!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »

So, Ronin..... Whats the latest?
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2012, 10:02:26 pm »

The same. I might just try to run a fortress in the new version with it anyhow, to see if there are any serious conflicts, but I'm rather invested in my current one at the moment.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:04 am »

Any updates on this mod pack? I absolutely love this mod, it's pretty much the only one I ever put into my games... I would be willing to donate to keep you going!!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13