Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*  (Read 59720 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dig Deeper DIAMOND [Version: 1.2] *+750 ITEMS OF NEW CONTENT*
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2013, 06:36:21 am »

Just to clarify: I was being sarcastic, of course you can use anything you like of Masterwork DF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2013, 11:50:19 am »

And now I have been lured away from Masterwork and back into DigDeeper. Yum.

Mh... maybe I shouldnt give the13Ronin access to my code then....  but his nickname is so awesome... I am conflicted :P

For clarity's sake Meph is referring to his code for gem based items (unimplemented in Dig Deeper as of yet) and his arena code (implemented). I encourage all users to run parallel installs of Dig Deeper and Masterwork, they're both very different mods and they both provide different but enriching (I hope at least!) experiences. Many thanks to all our users who are the ones who inspire us to go on to do these endeavors :).

EDIT: Also Meph and a few other users have been very helpful with working out how to set up more than one extract. So kudos to you for that too Meph :)!
Hey, you don't encourage running Genesis along that? Oh you :(.

But I guess running 3 DF instances at once will cripple anyone's PC, so I won't be angry at you (this time).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2013, 11:53:50 am »

Well, we could merge Dig Deeper and Genesis into Masterwork and then... Oh. Wait a second...  :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »

and still not enough people are complaining about my parallel to these mods :P

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2013, 02:52:18 pm »

Hey, you don't encourage running Genesis along that? Oh you :(.

I assumed that everyone already had Genesis, naturally :P.

Well, we could merge Dig Deeper and Genesis into Masterwork and then... Oh. Wait a second...  :P

The idea and direction for the mods differs a lot though. Masterwork reduces all leathers to LEATHER for example rather than elephant leather and all wood to WOOD... Etc.

Dig Deeper is all about adding to the original amount of variations that can arise. I have tried to implement a large amount of different variations which exist in the real world for example splitting granite up into colored rock [pink granite... blue granite... etc].

Genesis and Dig Deeper themselves have conflicting ideologies. Genesis delves a lot more into fantastical varieties of things [like Dwarven castes] while Dig Deeper thus far I have tried to keep additions real-world or based on easily recognizable mythology.

Of course there is no BEST mod. Each mod panders to different tastes. We all mod along the lines of our own personal preference for the game. The real winners are the community to have so much choice :).

To everyone in the thread for Dig Deeper news, new version should release over next day or two (or three). Already up to around about 800 additions and rising.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:58:22 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »

So yeah, what happened to the update in 2-3 days... 2months ago?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]