Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Zynga it is evil  (Read 5752 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Zynga it is evil
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 07:31:41 am »

I would not be surprised to learn that Zynga engages in accounting fraud.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 08:31:41 am »

Indeed, money laundering should be easy for them. Yet another reason not to allow this kind of business.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2011, 08:52:17 am »

This thread has got bigger than expected.

Aside from the constant get further if you pay spam. Its the having to get "friends" to advance that is annoying, be a lot easier if on facebook you gad real friends and game friends to keep the 2 seperate.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2011, 11:01:29 am »

Indeed, money laundering should be easy for them. Yet another reason not to allow this kind of business.

I wasn't thinking about money laundering in particular but that certainly is a big possibility.  I just can't believe that they are as profitable as they claim.  Selling virtual cows to housewives and adolescents?  Honestly, how many suckers are there in the world?

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2011, 11:13:34 am »

Gentlemen, this thread teaches us one thing: Zynga is run by Satan.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2011, 11:19:59 am »

It is owned by Satan, managed by Hitler, and marketed by the boogie man.

How do we know? They made a product that we don't like. This is clearly a conspiracy, and the players are obviously gullible idiot zombies.

There should be a government regulation that requires all game developers to receive our signed approval before beginning distribution. That is the only way to stop monsters like Zynga.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2011, 11:47:04 am »

I wasn't thinking about money laundering in particular but that certainly is a big possibility.  I just can't believe that they are as profitable as they claim.  Selling virtual cows to housewives and adolescents?  Honestly, how many suckers are there in the world?

What? Was that a serious question? I'm assuming your friend group doesn't include at least 25+ people who religiously play Zynga games. That died down once they started introducing other games that weren't as fun, but I still know a lot of people who have a serious addiction to this stuff.

Personally, I played Farmville a little and then got so disappointed that it wasn't like Harvest Moon that I just quit.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2011, 11:59:42 am »

Of course, he is very serious. Satan is an exceedingly stupid business man, unfortunately, so he reports more income than he actually makes, so he can pay more income taxes.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2011, 12:22:33 pm »

Of course, he is very serious. Satan is an exceedingly stupid business man, unfortunately, so he reports more income than he actually makes, so he can pay more income taxes.
That what make me suspect money laundering, coupled with the fact that the income come with a lot of hardly traceable micro transactions.

Not that it have anything to do with the starting point of the topic that is that those practice are hardly acceptable regardless.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 12:33:56 pm »

What you wrote made sense. I should have quoted Bouchart to make it clear that I was responding to his peculiar statment.

EDIT: Assuming you thought that I was replying to you in the first place. I seem to be having difficulty in understanding communication lately.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:03:14 pm by Fenrir »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 01:53:37 pm »

What's so far fetched about what Bouchart said Fenrir? This company has a history of shady business practices ranging from theft of product, spyware distribution, and spam. Whose to say they're not shadier behind the doors?

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 01:56:27 pm »

Bouchart is suggesting that they make less money than they report. If they report more money, they pay more taxes. As an evil plot, that would be fairly stupid, as paying more income tax does not strike me as particularly evil.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2011, 02:04:51 pm »

The closest thing to evil is their constant theft of other games. Not just borrowing ideas, they straight up copy every element of smaller games.

Example:
Slashkey's Farm Town (April 2009)

This is interesting. It showed that the ideas being social gaming and the perpetual reward/treadmill has always been around. It helps to validate my own belief that Zynga is not to be blamed/praised for social gaming. One has to look at the big picture.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »

Zynga ----------- Others
Farmville           Farmtown
Petville              Pet Society
Mafia/VampireWrz Mob Wars
Cafe World         Restaurant City
Cityville.            Itescapesmeatthemomentbutzyngacopiedthisgame

And now, Empires and allies is a copy of CivWorld or something FB civ game.

Zynga is a bunch of evil jerks, imitating it's competitors to gain the money and let the originators of the concept die of poverty.

'Nuff said.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 02:08:15 pm »

Also, they've got Farmtown to thank for their ugly sprites in treasure isle and farmville.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5