Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [38a] Dwarf's Scared of fish on a bridge  (Read 1685 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38a] Dwarf's Scared of fish on a bridge
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 06:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by benoit.hudson:
<STRONG>

Let me guess: in the spring?

When I've seen this, it's that they're walking on ice and fall in when the ice melts all at once.  Fixes: (1) dig ramps into every single body of water, or (2) 'd' 'o' 'r' on every single lake so they far prefer going taking the long way around the lake.</STRONG>

Middle of summer, I was waiting for the river to freeze again.

I lost my carpenter / woodcutter. I sent him off to cut a tree. Somehow he drowned.

None of the trees i had selected where directly next to the river. So there was no real reason for him to go into the water.

Also, My recruits apparently like to jump into the water also and get killed by carp. Even tho i don't see no reason for them to go into the water...

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 10:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by The-Moon:
<STRONG>
I lost my carpenter / woodcutter. I sent him off to cut a tree. Somehow he drowned.

None of the trees i had selected where directly next to the river. So there was no real reason for him to go into the water.

Also, My recruits apparently like to jump into the water also and get killed by carp. Even tho i don't see no reason for them to go into the water...</STRONG>

Most likely that shows you WHY all your dwarves are scared of the fish. People magically ending up in the water with fish means that the fish pulled them in, whether it be before or during a fight.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

No, it means your dwarf "dodged" into the water, causing him/her to drown.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »

They could have charged the fish in the water as well.  I do that sometimes in adventure mode when i forget to turn charging off.  Fortunately unlike in dwarf mode, it is easy to teach an adventurer to swim.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

The bug could also be fixed by allowing carp to leap out of the water and knock people off bridges.
Pages: 1 [2]