Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Tv Tropes Informal Poll  (Read 14183 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Tv Tropes Informal Poll
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2011, 10:47:06 pm »

Wait, I thought Ctrl+Alt+Del was locked because of flamewars between the fans and the haters?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 10:49:12 pm »

I don't know. Just going off of what RF said. Really, the less we think about Ctrl+Alt+Del, the better off we'll all be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2011, 11:03:43 pm »

Another issue with TVTropes: For certain pages, they ban EVERYONE BUT THE CREATOR OF THE WORK from editting the page for certain pages.

wtf, really?
Wait, really? Can you verify this or provide an example? I ask because that is really, really, really, really bad and an obvious conflict of interest.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CtrlAltDel

EDIT: Looking it over, it seems Buckley got banned from being sole editor. Looks pretty neutral now, but it definitely used to be edited by him. There're minor works edited by their creator, too.

If Tim Buckley's involved, yeah, that's to be expected. This guy has been known to vandalize the Wikipedia page for his own comic just so he could act vindictive about it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

TuefelHundenIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2011, 03:36:09 pm »

From the looks of the page, it was locked because of edit wars/vandalism and the last 3 people to edit the page were all moderators and an admin.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]