Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 105714 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Max, you definitely CAN be a good player with more practice. You have the hardest part down: being willing to play and being active. Everything beyond that is practice, practice, practice.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NO NO GOD DAMN NO!  The one fucking day my GF decides to steal my laptop and it had to be today.  I just got home and was praying for an extension.  Oh well, gg scumteam.
I'm the same as you Vector, I really didn't like BD, but I had no idea about Think.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Nah, not angry enough to punch you in the face =)
I'm just going to leave this here for educational reasons.
You are being as annoying as fuck.  I say this with the greatest softness I can muster in my tone: "Max White, you are pissing me off and I want to boot you in the face right now."  But because I don't think you're scum, I'm not voting you.  So stop being such a chittering bag of febrile tit-monkeys and shape up.

Oh and um, on the topic of me being paranoid. Yea, that might be something I have to bank some exp into. In real life I am a little paranoid too, comes from being a good liar, so I guess it carried over. Just ask Jim, I was never fully convinced he was the brother.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Y'know, Max, I've SUSPECTED you of being scum so much, I'm curious how you'd behave if you actually were scum. I think that'd be the best thing for your experience. That said, not much you can do beyond RNG praying.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Or hope that the mod is a jerk and chooses the roles on a whim :V

Not that I did that of course.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chittering bag of febrile tit-monkeys

Hehehehe, that was pretty good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Y'know, Max, I've SUSPECTED you of being scum so much, I'm curious how you'd behave if you actually were scum. I think that'd be the best thing for your experience. That said, not much you can do beyond RNG praying.
Well, when the next beginner's starts you have a 2/7 chance of finding out.

Also, can we reserve spots here?  :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Actually it's more of a 1/36 chance. Which is the odds of two specific people being scum.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well by the end he will know for sure my role and be able to read the log, so as long as I get a scum role, he will see me playing scum, even if he dosn't see it.  :P

Breadbocks and I are both going to get town again, aren't we....

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Or hope that the mod is a jerk and chooses the roles on a whim :V

Not that I did that of course.
See, that sort of thing means you're a bad mod. It should be complete chance. In something like BYOR where there are a dozen people or so, choosing one person's alignment isn't so bad, but deciding yourself what everyone should be? Not a chance I'd play it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Nice work scum, you did well. Totaly deserve that win.
So, reguardles of the crushing fail and lack of dead scum, Jim, Vector and Irony: How's my scum hunting?

You did fine. You took to heart my opening post, which was good. You asked about anything and everything you thought was odd or out of place. You'll go far if you keep doing that.

Though you did give Vector a lot of crap for no good reason, and I wasn't really paying too close attention to your walls of text later on in the game. If I was in the game I would've given you more direct criticism in the form of an attack so I can't really say whether you were doing a good job or not of actually attacking and making your points. (Note: What players accuse you of being scummy for is an excellent barometer for where you need to improve, provided the people attacking you are any good at the game.)

The town at the end couldn't get over attacking each other, and it's unfortunate because there was good reason for the town to do that. Stuff like that happens. That's why it's every townies responsibility to look as town as possible.

Good game everyone, I sure as hell posted alot more than the last Beginners Mafia I was in. I think im finally getting the hang of this game.

You needed to post more.

When it gets to the point where I have to question whether or not you actually want to play the game, there's a problem. It shouldn't even reach that point. I'm glad to see you do, but holy fucking shit why don't you look the part.

I hate playing truant officer to newbies in Beginner's Game, so if you really want to get good, quit patting yourself on the back for your ultra lurker scum victory and start playing the damn game.

Can I get some feedback on the stuff I posted? Not just the lurky lurky lurk lurk parts.

You did fine when you posted.

For the little you did.

As for how everybody else did, I'm happy. Everybody for the most part was active and involved.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Good job scumteam, very attentive to details. ;)

Scoops in hell, but I guess that works too.
Me like.
Oh shit when I made the role PM's I forgot that Tolyk wanted to be rocky road.
I noticed, but it's OK.
EDIT:
  Bd, Powder, please focus on the games more. Really.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:33:04 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]