Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Roll to Forge the World [Turn 5: Not About Food, About Sending Message]  (Read 27205 times)

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Forge the World [Turn 4: Food]
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2013, 02:26:15 pm »

Bump.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2013, 07:56:30 am »

GM still up for this or is this dead?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2013, 07:39:03 am »

It feels dead to me.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2013, 07:48:07 am »

It's not dead, IronyOwl is just taking the usual busy-ness out :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:18 pm »

Apologies for the delay. It's not dead dead, but I've been busy/lazy/distracted and I'm concerned this may be too complex.

Should be a turn within a few days, if not several hours, at least.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2013, 05:45:20 pm »

Bump.

Iron dont worry if it gets to complex, if you have fun writing it and we enjoy playing it we can always discuss things if you feel parts of the game are becoming unmanageable.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2013, 04:13:40 am »

Name: Azahaam the Stars
Appearance: The stars are literally the eyes of Azahaam, but usually Azahaam is portrayed to be black, thin and androgynous with brightly shining eyes and shining cracks on the skin.
Personality: Cold and patient, Azahaam prefers subtle actions that grow to have large long-term effects.  Except for a tendency to look down on a lack of subtlety and be somewhat smug, Azahaam is very rational and utilitarian.
Spheres: Fate, Light, Time
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:16 am »

Sorry DreamThorn, this is pretty much dead.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2013, 08:15:37 am »

If it dies, I will make a new one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2013, 04:06:08 am »

Turn 5: Not About Food, About Sending Message

Althaine was pleased, but there was still work to be done.

Finish up the Garden by creating the Fortress of Silence and other stuff that might have not come into existence.

((EDIT: And, oh, really pleased-slash-surprised to see this back. Please ignore anyone without full understanding of how human society functions who might try to distract you from the running of the game.))
[2+1] You create a squat black stone keep and its rocky surroundings.

looking over the plant life she decided to create guardians which will look after and keep the plants healthy and also promote growth and health with in them as well and move the seeds and spread plants to other regions

create Florians in key gateway region

Florians are a rather large ( size of a dog )  bee type creature which also live in nests but of a much much bigger number. They are rather intelligent and act as keepers for flora so they will look after any plants and spread to all regions to do so. They will also carry round seeds and try to increase plant population and promote health and growth in the flora they look after. another ability they have is that the higher levels of florian ( queen ) will be brought seeds of failing plants which she will then manipulate on a genetic level so that the next generations of the plant will be better suited to the new regions they are placed in or just better plants as well. This also counts for poison plants where the queen could make the plant more poisonous.

The hive consists of

Queens ( female (
Soldiers  ( female )
Drones ( male )
Workers ( female )

The drones go out once every year to mate with new queens which will then start new colonies.

The Florians will feed off life force of plants but not enough to cause damage and are also opportunistic carnivores and will feed on meat when they do get the chance.

The hives are built underground and protected by the soldier caste which have large sharp jaws and a much stronger stinger than the workers the sting causes petrifaction and then the victim is brought to the nest and eaten.

The Florians are quite friendly but when threatened will attack in large numbers and not stop until the attacker is dead.

As a byproduct of them working on the trees a sap like substance is produced which can be used either as a food source or as a healing salve which acts as a brilliant healing agent.

The drones stings as said to cause a great euphoria and bring a high like no other capturing a drone does not come without risk as they and the queens are protected by soldiers when it is mating season.   

[1] You create hideous giant wasplike creatures, nightmarishly thin and vicious. Their stingers induce a nightmare coma in their victims.

"Do so," a familiar voice said with the slightest hint of melancholy, "I will take care of my part--the Sionnachi.

"They need guidance."

Appear in person to those Sionnachi who haven't undergone cannibalization (performed such) and teach them how to utilize the native fauna of the lands (which currently exist--priority to the nameless fauna.) as well as teaching them how to thrive off the natural flora of the land--how to turn it to their benefit. For those who have, address their culture--modifying the social hierarchy of the Sionnachi: teach them morality, selflessness and order [mainly the holistic facet of being a person], as well as how to utilize these to their advantage.

Especially in the field of survival. How to subsist off the land and animals.

Also name the nameless fauna and order them too! Well, request, if the order above takes precedence.

Eleri turned to the boar like creatures. "And you will be known as Succor to the people, for your diet will consist of the lunar tears, as well as being their protectors from extinction. You shall spread the seeds of the flora around you to whereever you wish to go, and will be content with their nourishment."
[1] Your presence incites them to holy war, schism, and fanaticism. Your words go mostly unheeded as they turn on each other for even less reason.

You fear they may be irrevocably corrupt.

Create fauna in Nightmare Swamps: Sweetroses, medicinal flowers that siphon minerals from blightwater into protein, sugar, salt and carbohydrate that are packed into their thick stems. They taste differently to each consumer, and changing every time they eat them, but always taste vaguely like potatoes and apples.
[5] Your sweetroses turn out delightful, transforming the corrupting waters into delicious lifegiving sustenance. Even better, they actually reverse the effects of Blightwater, though at a similar pace.

Bodark began once more to create the beginnings of a stable food source. Determined to succeed, he stood in perfect focus, blocking out all other thoughts and silencing his own, allowing a shape to take hold...

Create Flora: Taron

The Taron are a groud-grown tuber similar to a potato, but massive in size. The stalks reach high into the air, and produce tubers the size of watermelons, buried shallow and easy to dig up. While not the tastiest or most nutritious food available, it is easy and capable of sustaining life, and it's seeds are easily collected, allowing it to be cultivated and farmed easily.
[1] You create carnivorous plants, activating when something disturbs their outer stalks to grapple the prey into their tuberlike stomachs.

"So it is my time... how the world has changed.... ... ... I see that I do not have long for it either if no-one heeds of me..."
Create a series of black monoliths about the size of a man scattered across the regions, upon each in faintly glowing script that is able to be understood by any sapient, upon each stone record some individual facet of the world and all the information about it. In one place at the center of the key gateway place a larger stone that bears information about the stones and me their creator. (Feature)
[6] You create rather large, long-winded trivia stones, drawling on and on about the minute details of some rather specific things. The center one, for instance, is rather obsessed with exactly what each stone is made of, how much they weigh, how sharp their edges are, how deep the engravings, how hard they are, etc.

Create artifact The Slab of History and place it Althaines Mountains

A stone slab which has all of the worlds history on it and it writes itself.
[5] The Slab of History is actually a pretty good writer, able to not only record things, but make them sound interesting.

Create Region: Illusionary Stream in Nightmare Realm

Scionox felt that the new dimension need some expansion, he manipulates the form of dimension and the the matter starts forming into spiral-like stream, relatively small in width, but extending in height indefinitely. As the stream starts becoming more solid it starts gaining illusory properties, creating infinite mazes of places, uncomprehensive and varied from each perspective. And for dreamers those illusions will very likely be scary, causing them to run in fear through, and run, forever, as it might be seem for them, until they wake up.
[4+2-1] The mazes formed seem to almost taunt those trapped within, adding to their terror.

The races of Althaine's Mountain Range continue to struggle and cluster around Caecil fruit.
Sionnach: [5] The Sionnach, while still embroiled in internecine warfare, at least begin hunting and eating Succor in addition to each other.
The elves are much happier now, having something to eat other than ambient power.

Eumilia and The Grim One fade. Aelos and Mides return.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Forge the World [Turn 5: Not About Food, About Sending Message]
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2013, 04:14:47 am »

So. I'm in plotting mode. Still kind of on the fence about whether this is too complex or not; the actual actions aren't usually too bad, but the interactions can be kind of complicated. Also scheming about other things.

So what I'd appreciate from everyone who can manage it is some information on what you like or don't like, so that I can scheme knowing what (especially in regards to altering this game) might be good or bad.

Spoiler: Suggested Specifics (click to show/hide)

Short answers are fine, but I deny any and all responsibility for turning this into a dating sim if nobody tells me not to. :P

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2013, 04:36:30 am »

((The faith points mechanic is a slippery slope.  The players with more faith act more often, but the only way to get faith is by acting.))

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2013, 01:55:55 pm »

Create Urrezko Erraldoi, a giant golden man who holds within him unimaginable riches. Place him in The Lush Plains and tell him to destroy any life he sees.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]