Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Automation - A Car Company Tycoon Game  (Read 33901 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Automation - A Car Company Tycoon Game
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2014, 06:21:00 pm »

I've found most business games revolve around losing quickly and totally the first few times, then finally learning what works.

I've also came to the conclusion that more information is much better than less.  If my business is losing money, I need to know why.  I'd suggest hints for less businessminded players, although even us real businessmen could use a big yellow arrow pointing at what we're doing wrong.

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2014, 07:40:40 pm »

I bought the v16 edition because of this thread.

Select windowed in the options if you intend to multi-task or search wikipedia for that forgotten stoichiometric value again, as Alt+tabbing from full screen on my end leads to crashes.

This is a pretty good internal-combustion engine light simulator. It's not a game, it's a toy. Tinker and see what happens. Find out what accessories work best for what purpose on each type of fundamental configuration. An introduction to the technology. It's worth the price for what it is, even more if they add to it in the future.

How do I make a strong enough engine that is still cheap and relatively easy to assemble yourself so one day you may fulfill your dream of building an entire car from scratch in less than 5 years that nevertheless must last 20 years without exorbitant maintenance or falling to pieces and trick the state inspectors who by then will probably consider your car illegal in one way or another or many? The answer to your question, my friend, begins here.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »

Figured this was a good time to necro this thread to note that the game's Early Access has become available via Steam today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293760/
Currently, the engine and car construction mechanics are in; from here, they'll begin working on the actual tycoon pieces, I believe.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11:01 pm »

ooohhhh...good...now just need to get my steam key...since I have had the game for a long time

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2015, 04:26:32 pm »

Finally

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:09 pm »

Figured this was a good time to necro this thread to note that the game's Early Access has become available via Steam today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293760/
Currently, the engine and car construction mechanics are in; from here, they'll begin working on the actual tycoon pieces, I believe.

Well, I need the tycoon pieces before I spend money, but at least it's progress.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2018, 01:34:03 am »

Seems this year we finally going to get the tycoon part. Looks like is going to be excessively convoluted however https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMrm7_V8GE

In other news they gained a BeamNG exporter so you can drive your cars and they port fairly well.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2018, 11:57:30 pm »

Not exactly the fastest developing game, eh?  I mean, I could probably create my own car assembly company in this amount of time, lol.

The tycoon portion looks interesting.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2018, 01:52:48 am »

I have always wondered how much time the developers spend actually working on the game each week. I am pretty sure the head dev has a gaming youtube channel and posts there regularly so I am sure that takes a lot of time and I am pretty sure he also streams. I also do not know if they have "day jobs" to go along with developing the game as well. Perhaps thats what his gaming channel is? Extra income?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2018, 02:07:55 am »

yeah dev speed is worrying. but somehow I like he does play games. many lead dev just write software and their game are aggravating unbalanced mess of repetitive and uninspired content, i.e. war thunder

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2018, 03:17:13 am »

yeah dev speed is worrying. but somehow I like he does play games. many lead dev just write software and their game are aggravating unbalanced mess of repetitive and uninspired content, i.e. war thunder

Oh certainly...I think playing games is very important for game developers....its like being any other profession really....if you just hole up and only look at your own work it won't end well.

The speed doesn't bother me simply because with anything like this I have ever backed I just shuffle it into a "beta" group in steam and just forget about it and go through the list every 3 months or so to see what updates there are.

That being said I know plenty of other people are not as patient and its always good to see normal and frequent progress.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2018, 03:49:54 pm »

so I was running ai races with suvs, currently submissions are closed, if there's enough interest for the same format I'm gonna post in play with your buddies the next tournament in the same format but with different cars (likely rally) and a suitable track

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »

As far as tycoon part goes, the GearCity is much better to the point you can’t even compare the two. Automation is IMHO only good as a car designer game as this part is better than GearCity.

Apples and oranges really.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2018, 07:01:40 pm »

As far as tycoon part goes, the GearCity is much better to the point you can’t even compare the two. Automation is IMHO only good as a car designer game as this part is better than GearCity.

Apples and oranges really.

It sure is, I made a new topic on it.  Its awesome as it basically combines the best of Motor City and Detroit, cuts out most of bad parts (much much much less micromanagement) of each of them, and add just enough new stuff to give it that shiny newness.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]