Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: getting weapons stored in weapon racks  (Read 3744 times)

gawwy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
getting weapons stored in weapon racks
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:23 am »

i have a weapon rack set as a barracks and set to individual equip.
but when ever i set no orders for the squad using it the dorf in the squad places his stuff on it and then it all gets moved into a weapon stockpile.

how can i get it to stay on the rack?

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: getting weapons stored in weapon racks
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:04:21 am »

See, I wasn't even aware that they DID anything. hahah.

::) I don't normally use the military though, so...
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:25:41 am »

This should be on the gameplay questions, no? But this is an interesting question. I always use weapon/armor racks for decoration or filling noble-requirements. I've always thought that they work like cabinets, but for armor, and I've never looked into it. TO THE WIKI-MOBILE!

EDIT: The dwarves store their armor/weapons in them if they are designated as a barracks and individual and squad equipment is activated
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:32:49 am by Kattaroten »
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:39 am »

It seems to be a bug - however, the usual report is that what you're describing happens with armor stands and that weapon racks would never get used in the first place.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

gawwy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 10:27:26 am »

It seems to be a bug - however, the usual report is that what you're describing happens with armor stands and that weapon racks would never get used in the first place.

oh sweet thanks at least its not just me

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:23 am »

Gameplay Questions forums get a lot less traffic, so I think it's valid to ask a real fort mode question here even if it's slightly misplaced.  We're not a community so huge that we need to get strict on thread locations.

This is why weapon racks and armor stands are broken, because stockpiles kill them.  You can disable stockpiles, but that seems very counter-intuitive.  Overall, this is a bug, and probably (relatively) easily fixed by making racks and stands non-hauled.  But, what are you gonna do?