Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: WHAT  (Read 20809 times)

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »

Spontaneous Organ Emancipation? Don't think I've seen that one before.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »

My carps all died after a wounded capybara puked into the river multiple times.  :o
Hey, all my dwarves died after a forgotten beast bled into the water cistern!

It was one of those weird syndromes you get where random organs start popping out and flying tiles away from their owner...

Anyone know what causes that?
I have the image of a dwarf happily wandering along, meeting a lady dwarf, then his heart leaps out at her giving her a syndrome causing the same thing to happen to her.
organal warfare.

Yeah dude...dwarven STDs are crazy.
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 11:41:37 am »

An idea of dwarf type carp. Record I think was twice the size of this one.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »

I am not surprised when my dwarves run from Carp.  I am sure they grew up listening to the old timers talk about how it used to be back in the 40d days... If I had grown up like that I would run from carp too. 

As for running from everything else, I think their vision isn't all that good and they just assume it is Elephants fresh from BoatMurdered

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »

My fisherdwarf got interrupted in the middle of fishing in the river.

By.

A.

Fucking.

Carp.

In.

The.

River.

Oh my god... this is so cute... I wish I had a camera to take a picture of this :3 that moment when a player realizes that everything in the game is out to kill off every single one of your dwarves :D even the "Good" things... Titan sounds nice? NOPE! HE WANTS TO EAT THE FACES FROM YOUR DWARVES! UNICORNS SEE YOUR DWARVES AS HORN SHEATHS! YOUR ONLY DEFENSE IS A TRAP FILLED HALL AND MAGMA CANNONS! D:
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 03:50:37 pm »

By.

A.

Fucking.

Carp.

In.

The.

River.

Oh my god... this is so cute... I wish I had a camera to take a picture of this :3 that moment when a player realizes that everything in the game is out to kill off every single one of your dwarves :D even the "Good" things... Titan sounds nice? NOPE! HE WANTS TO EAT THE FACES FROM YOUR DWARVES! UNICORNS SEE YOUR DWARVES AS HORN SHEATHS! YOUR ONLY DEFENSE IS A TRAP FILLED HALL AND MAGMA CANNONS! D:

Three words: Mauled by badgers.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »

By.

A.

Fucking.

Carp.

In.

The.

River.

Three words: Mauled by giant badgers animals of all kinds.
Fixed. Normal badgers are deadly...to chickens and ducks, and to the cleanliness of my nice soap fortress. Civilians can easily kill them, when they don't choose to take the opportunity to make me wish I had followed OSHA guidelines.
Giant capybara? Yikes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 06:15:40 pm »

Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly. Some toddlers cry when someone makes a sudden movement, let alone when a giant badger runs at them.
I can speak from experience that, while they are naive and careless at times, toddlers are not NEARLY as stupid as dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:00 am »

Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly. Some toddlers cry when someone makes a sudden movement, let alone when a giant badger runs at them.
I can speak from experience that, while they are naive and careless at times, toddlers are not NEARLY as stupid as dwarves.

True. A real toddler would probably not decide to casually attend a party while on fire.
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 10:14:17 am »

True. A real toddler would probably not decide to casually attend a party while on fire.
Perhaps not, but a real toddler probably wouldn't decide to casually visit your booze stockpile while on fire.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 10:29:12 am »

Back when carp were dangerous, this was due to the above listed reasons, and ALSO, due to carp gaining swimming skill from, well, swimming, and thus becoming only faster, stronger, and tougher as the game went on. This only enhanced the damage that carp did when they attacked.

You should probably know that this bug only existed for 3 weeks - it was introduced in version 0.27.169.32a (October 29, 2007, the very first 3D release) and was fixed in version 0.27.169.33b (released November 16, 2007).

Carp often attacked instead of retreating when they spotted a fisherdwarf, if they thought they were cornered and had nowhere to retreat to. This AI bug/feature made closed murky pools full of carp especially lethal.
This also makes them still rather dangerous in 0.31 - though they can't do any significant damage, they can still trick your fisherdwarves into dodging into the water. The fact that fisherdwarves are almost relentless at their job (if they get scared away, they barely make it 3 tiles before turning around and heading toward the water again - by comparison, any other dwarf will run at least 20 tiles before even considering taking another task) makes them even more prone to drowning this way.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]