Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flash Game - Looking for artist  (Read 519 times)

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flash Game - Looking for artist
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »

Hi !

I've been working, for the past month or so, on a rogue-like flash game. The basic idea I had was to make a game with complex mechanisms, but still simple and user friendly.

It's straightforward in the way to play : simple levels are created as you go down floors. You fight monsters, grab loot, use items. I have implemented or am going to implemented some little, new ideas, nothing massive but it will change the way to apprehend the game : mainly in the scoring system and progression through levels. The fighting mechanisms are inspired from DF (because they are so epic), though very diluted as to be adapted to a Flash game.

I'm actually hitting the spot where the game engine is closing in on being fully functional, before starting to add content. The thing is, I don't really have the time to make the art myself, and I don't think I would be able to make something very good to be honest, so I'm here to see if there's a talented pixel artist looking for some work and interested in some game project ! :)

Work would mainly consist in GUI, menus and small tiles. We would also discuss game content so it's more than just artist work. Payment would be a share of the money made from the game.

If you're interested but not as an artist, I might need some play-testers down the line, so don't hesitate to say so ;)

Here are a few screen shots (as I'm testing out things, I made it to have lots of items spawn. Nothing is final in the appearance.) :

Spoiler: "Inventory Screenshot" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Game Screenshot" (click to show/hide)