Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66631 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 06:59:27 pm »

Smells like bullshit to me.

Ask bad RVS question => Claim mysterious motives => Don't explain when asked

Perfect justification for a vote!

Have fun, ToonyMan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 07:01:21 pm »

Think0028: Seems Jim and ToonyMan have hit it right off. Do you think either of them are justified?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 07:10:20 pm »

Dariush: Some of that tec looks pretty cool. What item(s) would you most want to have?
IronyOwl: Good to see you again, under slightly new conditions this time. What role do you think is to be feared the most on the first night?
ToonyMan: Pretty early to have a realy good idea about who is going to be lynched isn't it?

What, no vote?

Think0028: Seems Jim and ToonyMan have hit it right off. Do you think either of them are justified?

Max White, seems you're trying to pull people to take sides on an RVS spat without having to act in any particular direction yourself.  Scum, much?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 07:11:35 pm »

I think Jim's justified in calling it bullshit here. Toony, are you suggesting... hell, I can't even think of what you could be suggesting. Jim identified two players as generally noobish and one player as a common lurker, ergo he's scum? Do you have any justification for your vote that makes sense? At all?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 07:15:56 pm »

What, no vote?
Not really, does this surprise you?

Max White, seems you're trying to pull people to take sides on an RVS spat without having to act in any particular direction yourself.  Scum, much?
I don't have a side in it myself, just wondering if anybody thought it was anything more then what you call a RVS spat. Is it anything more then that?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:16 pm »

Yeah, it does surprise me, because questioning/pressuring without a vote in RVS tends to lower one's effectiveness.  You know, get people to jump and all that.

Avoiding altercations makes me think you've got some stake in keeping away from them.

I don't have a side in it myself, just wondering if anybody thought it was anything more then what you call a RVS spat. Is it anything more then that?

I wouldn't call those the same questions.

The initial question asks Think0028 to figure out which side is more valid--to mentally align himself, as it were.  The secondary question asks if the two participants are "playing for serious."

As for the gravity of the spat, I imagine it's going to be going on for a pretty long time.  Toony invented tunneling.  If he's sunk his teeth into Jim, he'll more than likely be holding on for the rest of the game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »

I wouldn't call those the same questions.

The initial question asks Think0028 to figure out which side is more valid--to mentally align himself, as it were.  The secondary question asks if the two participants are "playing for serious."
I'm sorry if you misinterpreted what I said, but I asked if either side was justified, allowing for him to support one, the other, both or neither, rather than asking what side was more justified, forcing somebody to take sides. I would expect you to understand the distinction.

As for the gravity of the spat, I imagine it's going to be going on for a pretty long time.  Toony invented tunneling.  If he's sunk his teeth into Jim, he'll more than likely be holding on for the rest of the game.
Ah, I see. Thank you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 07:39:39 pm »

Have fun, ToonyMan.
That's your excuse for not being able to shake me, you have the most votes right now for a reason.

I think Jim's justified in calling it bullshit here. Toony, are you suggesting... hell, I can't even think of what you could be suggesting. Jim identified two players as generally noobish and one player as a common lurker, ergo he's scum? Do you have any justification for your vote that makes sense? At all?
Yeah I do.  Town Jim would have did something different.  Can you prove that otherwise Think?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:34 pm »

That's a fair explanation, but I'll be keeping an eye on you.  Unvote.

Dariush.

a. What specific, concrete things will you be doing to improve your play this game?

b. Of the various alien roles (i.e. non-Dopp, non-human), which would you prefer?  Why?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 07:50:19 pm »

First, unvote Jim.

Have fun, ToonyMan.
That's your excuse for not being able to shake me, you have the most votes right now for a reason.

Yeah I do.  Town Jim would have did something different.  Can you prove that otherwise Think?

Can you prove that Town Jim would have done something different? Burden of proof is on you here, Toony, and you're not living up to it.

ToonyMan, I want some justification as to why this is even evidence. How does this response prove he is scum? Why is this supposedly different from what Town Jim would do? How do you even know what Jim is thinking?

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 07:56:30 pm »

Are you serious?

Me having votes is a reason for a vote? And two votes from the RVS, even?

That's dumb. Duuuuuuuumb. Dummmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. Completely unjustifiable.

This sounds suspiciously similar to the kinds of arguments and justifications for your votes during Day 2, before everything had to be rebooted.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:09 pm »

First, unvote Jim.
Have fun, ToonyMan.
Can you prove that Town Jim would have done something different? Burden of proof is on you here, Toony, and you're not living up to it.
ToonyMan, I want some justification as to why this is even evidence. How does this response prove he is scum? Why is this supposedly different from what Town Jim would do? How do you even know what Jim is thinking?
What I'm asking is that how do you know Jim is so adamantly town?  I feel town Jim would have did something different, however he responded in a way that is scummy to me.  That is what my vote is for.  You are being very scummy Think.

Are you serious?
Me having votes is a reason for a vote? And two votes from the RVS, even?
That's dumb. Duuuuuuuumb. Dummmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. Completely unjustifiable.
This sounds suspiciously similar to the kinds of arguments and justifications for your votes during Day 2, before everything had to be rebooted.
That was a reaction statement, in which you passed with flying colors, scum Jim.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 09:07:51 pm »

No, I don't currently think he's town, nor do I currently think he's scum. What I do think is that you're evading my questions. You've stated that you think he's scum because he responded in a scummy way. How is his response scummy?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 09:56:11 pm »

Jim: who here would you want on your scumteam?

Toaster. Always Toaster.

I'd take Vector and Jokerman-EXE too.

I'm flattered.

Have fun, ToonyMan.

Isn't this the Solifuge Method? The difference, I think, was that Solifuge actually had a reason for the way that he played.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 10:00:20 pm »

No, I don't currently think he's town, nor do I currently think he's scum. What I do think is that you're evading my questions. You've stated that you think he's scum because he responded in a scummy way. How is his response scummy?
Why are you defending him?  I don't feel like answering that question yet again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30