Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 65829 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 2: Discussions with Death
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:28 pm »

Your you too vector.

You just admitted to being scum.

Do you not see this?  I just... god, I'd answer your post, but you slipped majorly, bucko.  Class act.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:19 pm »

I got ahead of myself and typed scum when I meant town. The slip was not because I am scum, but because I had multiple things to focus on at once, with you being scum one of them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »

::)

A slip is a slip.  On the other hand, your post is full of plenty of other bullshit, which I'll address in a bit.  When I have bullshit-slinging time to burn.

Smell you later, scumface.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2011, 11:16:21 pm »

Irony and Vector:  Would you rather see Jokerman or Max hang?
Max White. I was kind on the fence before, but then this happened:

That's not the point. The point is that you weren't pushing Toony because you thought he was scum, you were pushing him because he was scummier than Jim.
Yes, that is correct. I pushed the person who acted the scummyest until I thought they were scum, then I lynched the person I thought was scum. If we don't push people we see as being scummy, then we don't get anywhere.
That's not what you said earlier. "I had to pick a side so I picked the scummier side"* is decidedly different from "I attacked the scummiest player to see if they were scum."

*And even that was a horseshit revision of what you actually said.

You can give me all the attention you want.  What makes my "not much" worse than, say, Jokerman or Irony?
The other stuff with the not much, although I suspect Irony as well.
But not enough to elaborate as to why or question me.

And would you care to look at Toonys role? He was a guard. For panda to protect he's guard is a townie move.
Because he totally would have known that Toony was a guard. Somehow.

Ah, but I beg to differ. I don't agree that it wasn't a chainsaw defence, and so any argument based on the assumption that I agree to this is invalid and a lie, yet you continue.
Still sticking to your retarded bullshit about that.

Overreaction, and, of course, preparing the post-death bandwagon onto his lynchers.  Screams noobscum.
The best bit is that even if you manage to lynch me, when I flip scum, it will make it clear that I was right. Your scum, and now that there is a tie your throwing a vote on, close to the end of the day too.
Was this supposed to be a slipup? It makes more sense read as "when I flip town," so I'm inclined to wonder. It's meaningless garbage and/or exactly what she just called it out as either way.

NINJA: Yes, it was exactly what I thought it was. Congratulations, you fucked up even for you.

*Toony and Panda and an exception, because Toony was a guard, so he knew Pandas alignment.
Again, no fucking sense whatsoever. You really want Pandar to have been chainsawing for some goddamn reason.

Asks three "strong players" for their night actions; as we all know, he did this in hope of getting some sort of information out of a townie.
Nope, I  didn't ask for roles, read again. I asked if information should be shared if your about to die, even though scum will also find out. I never asked for anybodies information.
Yeah, you just happen to frequently speak in such a way as to make your perfectly reasonable, townlike comments come out as scummy bullshit.

No, I did not ask for your roles. In fact the question I did ask demanded a boolean response, that is a yes, information is 'worthwhile for the town', or 'no, we shouldn't reveal anything that might be useful to scum'
It just keeps happening!

Just for the record, if I get lynched, 'I want tunnelled to death' on the coroners report. Jim was interpreting everything I said as scummy, and not questioning anybody else, tunnelling.
"Inexplicably tunneled by three or four of the game's best players" works for me too. I like dry humor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:57 pm »

Max:
First off, read this:

• Observant Guard: The bodyguard will protect the other player with their life. This variant protects against the first night-kill against their target, and will determine the identity of the attacker and pass on this information to their guarded target. The Bodyguard dies at the end of the night.

Nowhere does that say the guard would know anyone's alignment.

I'll give you a real response in the AM when I can think straighter, but I'd just like to say both your slip and your OMGUS are hilarious.  Also, you can't call Jim third party and not elaborate on why.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »

I'm here, just crazy busy. Toaster: I would rather see Jokerman hang. While Dariush has been fairly transparent in his motivations (to me, at least, he seems to be trying his damnedest to scumhunt), Jokerman has been just awfully weird, however.

Jokerman: You definitely misrepresented the three 'suspicious responses' you called out, and your 'careful analysis' should've revealed that. Dariush actually had a scumlist already when someone else asked him the question. Irony was waiting on responses to questions right when he answered the question. This isn't something you needed to pounce on, this is information that was already there. What gives?

Max:
1) How would Toony know Pandar's alignment? How would Pandar know Toony's a guard?
2) Nice slip of the tongue there.
3) Even without that slip, that's some heavy 'you'll regret lynching me' guilt tripping you're trying.

PPE: Welp, I'm slow.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2011, 12:04:13 am »

So I posted before I read all of Max White's post.

when I flip scum

And then I burst out laughing when I read this.

Naturally, I'm still curious to know why Vector all of a sudden is scummier than Toaster, since Max White's arguments on both of them are pretty crappy.

*Toony and Panda and an exception, because Toony was a guard, so he knew Pandas alignment.

I don't know why you thought this but it isn't true.

Just for the record, if I get lynched, 'I want tunnelled to death' on the coroners report. Jim was interpreting everything I said as scummy, and not questioning anybody else, tunnelling.

Everything you said was scummy. There was no misinterpretation.

Also, I was questioning plenty of other people. Go look.

I didn't realize you were moonlighting at the Jokerman-EXE School of Bum Mafia Arguments.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2011, 02:30:30 am »

I'm going to laugh so hard if Max flips Spore Spreader...

All content coming later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:58 am »

Dariush:

"I'm going to post WIFOM with no backup then hide for a bit."  Nice.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think similarly, though.

Max:  I'm starting to think you are a Spore Spreader, but I'm not going to try to stop anyone for lynching you.  Your arguments are BS enough that you've earned a spot in the noose.  If you are SS, that intentional slip was brilliant.

You can give me all the attention you want.  What makes my "not much" worse than, say, Jokerman or Irony?
The other stuff with the not much, although I suspect Irony as well.

So let's make it clear: what is your current read on Jim?

And Pandar didn't chainsaw anyone.  He flipped town- he motives were obviously townie.
Not scum. He could be anything, but he is not reading as scum on my radar. I'm leaning towards third party, for no coherent reason.

And would you care to look at Toonys role? He was a guard. For panda to protect he's guard is a townie move.

Why do you suspect Irony?

Why do you think Jim is third party?  "No coherent reason" doesn't cut it.

I already mentioned the guard thing.  You need to check up on the definition of a chainsaw defense, especially noting the bit about intent.  (In other words, it wasn't a chainsaw because 1) Pandar is town 2) Therefore, he genuinely thought you were scummy)

Covers it up by accusing Groovester of tunneling.

Appeal to emotion.

Jim, lordnincompoop, Vector: Information is valuable to the town, no doubt, valuable enough to post it here and let the scum know what you know as far as the night time goes?

I don't see how you could pass this off as anything other than rolefishing.  Continuing to deny it doesn't help you.

This post is already getting bulky, I will address Toaster on he's own points.

I'm waiting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2011, 11:32:03 am »

Mmmk.  Don't forget it's a 10 AM PST day end, and we've used up our extensions.

Bah.

The best bit is that even if you manage to lynch me, when I flip scum, it will make it clear that I was right. Your scum, and now that there is a tie your throwing a vote on, close to the end of the day too.

Two things: You never guilt trip as town, and you just claimed scum. Congrats, Max.

It ends in two hours, so you better make it quick, Dariush.

Max: You continue to misrepresent Pandarsenic's posts against you, despite the fact that you should know better at this point. Pandar was attacking your reasoning, not running to Toony's defense, and him calling you out to vote him was him trying to:
1) Aggravate you.
2) Show that you weren't willing to act on your scumpicks.

Well, he didn't manage to aggravate me, and I was willing to act on my scumpick, so if those were he's reasons for attacking me, he had pretty poor reasons. Attacking me to try and make me back down from Toony makes a lot more sense.

Well, I'm sorry if I'm a tad underinformed, but why does any of this matter? They've both flipped town, so it's rather irrelevant now, no?

Now, I should thank Vector for showing herself. This should be fun.

And you suddenly decide to switch cases? What made you go after Vector in the middle of pushing Toaster?

I'd like to add that I taught him, during the BM that just finished--and before the time of this particular post by many meatspace days--to direct the town by addressing it with allegations.  You can find it in my first post of that particular game, if you would like a reference.

Why yes, you did show me that, by doing it yourself, and you were townie... Assuming that I my intention is to manipulate into a mislynch based on my language choice is guessing at intention, something you taught not to do, and as such I would assume you are doing this to try for a mislynch.

And my, you're "guessing at intention" yourself here with that conclusion of yours.

We've already covered why it wasn't a chainsaw defense, and why anyone with half a brain cell to rub should have seen that immediately.

But then...

Ah, but I beg to differ. I don't agree that it wasn't a chainsaw defence, and so any argument based on the assumption that I agree to this is invalid and a lie, yet you continue. You also use very emotive language to try and shame me out of taking a stance that it was a chainsaw defence, so that your assertions can be seen as true. The phrase 'why anyone with half a brain cell to rub should have seen that immediately' is there with the hope that I will not challenge this argument out of fear of looking stupid, and if I leave this lie unchallenged then Vectors other point can be taken on merit.

Okay, so:

"I thought it was a chainsaw defense. Thus, because you're working from the assumption that I agree with you, you must be lying. You're lying a lot."

Now see, this is a hit-and-miss. You say you disagree, but then you spout this little bit of nonsense about

"You're saying mean words to me to try and scare me and look big."

I can't even take this one seriously.

"You're insulting me so that I'd be too scared to respond. Your other point would then gain credibility."

Well, you are leaving it unchallenged. You've not actually opposed this point yet - only claimed that she's undermining or intimidating you with some ultimately irrelevant yarn.

So here, you've made this response dedicated to weak speculative bullshit from the tone and wording instead of, yanno, actually addressing the point given. You've also rehashed Vector's "general theory" comment for some peculiar reason.

And, at the same time, you're being quite the hypocrite: Must of your points are heavily speculative, drawing into (in your own words) "guessing at intention". Now, since you're being speculative, I'd have to assume that you're "trying for a mislynch", no?

Ah, yes.  He isn't confident in his attacks because he has no one backing him, and that is because he turns to others supporting him... in order to know who is town and who is scum.

Either you have some self-esteem issues I didn't know about, Max White, or this makes just as little sense as it seems to at first, second, and seventeenth glances.

Another of those points Vector doesn't want me to address by trying to appeal to emotion and implying that for me to make sense I have have self-esteem issues.
Most* townies don't know other townies. They can't be 100% sure of scum. That is the idea of the game. Scum know who is scum. When they lynch they can be certain in their lynch.

Okay, you start it off with another speculative mudsling. Way to sink to her level, then.

The second point is either you trying (and failing) to agree with her, or just another dumb, obtuse argument.  You claimed that you don't want to lynch people unless there's a few people going for them already, and then you justify this search for support by saying that you can never be sure who the scum is.

But that is precisely the reason why looking for a lynch like you stated doesn't make sense, because those supporters of yours might be scum too, and you're just buying into a town lynch. And, by your inane logic, since scum are so confident and independent in their voting process, that would make the wagon-starters infested with mobsters already.

In fact, I can't even understand this mess completely. You're saying that you need to join up with a group of sure-minded people to know that their target is scum, but then you say that sure-minded people must be scum, because townies would never know who other people are.

That means that you're claiming that you need to join up with scum to get a good lynch in and make sure that the target is scum (what?).

Yeah, that still makes no sense.

Asks three "strong players" for their night actions; as we all know, he did this in hope of getting some sort of information out of a townie.

Nope, I  didn't ask for roles, read again. I asked if information should be shared if your about to die, even though scum will also find out. I never asked for anybodies information.

Except you did, so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:15 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: Jokerman-EXE
Jokerman-EXE: Dariush, Toaster
Max White: IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, Think0028, Vector
Vector: Max White

The tally is full, and it seems clear that Max White must die today. Lordnincompoop grabs up the rifle and motions the condemned outside.

"Look, you don't know what you're doing! I'm not a monster!" he screams as he's shoved out into the snow.

"Yeah, well, that's not what the rest of us think."

"Damn you! You guys are monsters! All of you!"

"Tell it to god." *bang*

The body collapses to the ground. You crowd around, hoping, praying, to see the tell-tale shift from human to monster.

But it does not come.

Eventually you search the body. He doesn't have much on him, but you do find a camera in his bag and some notes he had for a science journal. He is...was...a Reporter. Looks like no one will hear his story now.

Depressed, you head back to your rooms. Your numbers dwindle, and things look bleak.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Night 2
« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2011, 04:00:14 pm »

Morning arrives again. Heralded by the incessant beeping of alarms in the endless darkness. Dawn is months away, still.

Sleepily you all convene again in the main room. You wait for a while, but soon it becomes obvious that Jim Groovester will not be joining you.

With dark glances at one another you head off to his house. Who killed him? Who here hids a monsterous nature behind the worried mask of a human?

His door is open when you get there. Snow has drifted inside, and frost has formed over the pools of blood on the floor. The entire bed is splattered in blood, but there is no sign of a body. Eaten, you can only assume.

Looking around you find some interesting books on Enchantment and psychic powers. It seems Jim had more than just force of personality going for him. Pity it could not save him from the doppelgangers.

Grimly you head back to the main building. Only seven of you left. If you do not find one of the monsters today, it is unlikely that any of you will survive.

Day 3 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 3 - Claws beat Charisma
« Reply #313 on: July 14, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »

Curses!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 3 - Claws beat Charisma
« Reply #314 on: July 14, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »

No! Don't leave me alone with Toony and Pandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30