Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 65814 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 3 - Claws beat Charisma
« Reply #315 on: July 14, 2011, 06:27:27 pm »

Vector, what does Max's roleflip say about your earlier flipflopping on whether he was scum or town? What was the turning point in each decision?

Dariush, you promised some content later, but it never happened. Didn't you have anything to say about Max's response?

Jokerman, why is it that the only person you've voted, ever, was for an unorthodox definition of 'tunneling' delivered at the end of the day?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »

Because, my good sir, I work literally every day and the last thing on my mind most nights is posting here. I had to read through the entire game and formulate my suspicions all at once - which is my own fault, but it doesn't make it any easier.

So, Irony. Are you still after Dariush, or have the deaths changed your mind at all?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2011, 08:46:43 pm »

Jokerman. Why did you accuse Jim of tunneling? There are two aspects to the accusation, both of which are lacking:

1) Hyperfocusing on a target and ignoring any evidence to the contrary. As Jim's pointed out already, Max did very little to actually counter Jim's points, instead playing himself up as a martyr, lurking, and reacting violently.

2) Not asking questions of other players. By the time you made your post, Jim had began questioning other people, like Vector, Dariush, and LNCP.

Who do you suspect now?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2011, 09:00:44 pm »

Jokerman:
So, Irony. Are you still after Dariush, or have the deaths changed your mind at all?

I don't like this question.  It's not strictly WIFOM, but it leans that way- I don't like questions about the NK.

Is Irony the only person you have a question for at this point?

Dariush:  Also eagerly awaiting your content.

LNCP:  Curious to hear your picks.

"What are your picks, Mr. Pick Asker?"  Jokerman and Dariush are still my top two picks, but I want to be very sure at LYLO.

All:  Can anyone think of a good reason not to mass claim since it's LYLO?  I sure can't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2011, 09:09:50 pm »

Oh, fucking hell I am having a bad day.

I'll post either tomorrow morning or around 4 EST.  Got to get all those posts I assembled yesterday into my case thinger, and I'll address what IronyOwl asked then, as well.

I'll put myself down for the roleclaim on first thought.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 15, 2011, 03:26:15 am »

I misjudged the difference between Pacific time (why can't America use GMT+n like all civilized people?! WHYYYY?!!!!) and thought I had two more hours.

Not that it matters now...

Ahem.

Dear dopps.

I'm a Survivor.

And due to my love of seeking easy ways out of difficult situations, I'm willing to collaborate with you and drive a mislynch. If you're interested in my offer, PM me.

Sorry, town, but I can't take the risks of staying at your side.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:11 am »

I'll make a content post later, but I want to say two things first:

Modface, can you confirm that we're at LYLO?

All:  Can anyone think of a good reason not to mass claim since it's LYLO?  I sure can't.

And I sure can't think of a reason you'd be asking this from other people without doing so yourself.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 15, 2011, 11:21:38 am »

The Whiteboard
Jokerman-EXE: Think0028
Vector: IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

I can confirm that there are 7 surviving players, of which 3 are doppelgangers.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 15, 2011, 12:36:01 pm »

And I sure can't think of a reason you'd be asking this from other people without doing so yourself.

He says as he also refuses to claim.

I'll go first; I'm a Medium. The dead people of this game are a bunch of annoying cowards, and they refuse to give me any information. Oh well. We'll have to try to win without them.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2011, 12:38:56 pm »

. . .

Isn't there only one town medium per game?  I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember this coming up before.  BRB, checking balancing sheet...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2011, 01:20:18 pm »

. . .

Isn't there only one town medium per game?  I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember this coming up before.  BRB, checking balancing sheet...

The balance sheet in the Discussion thread is out of date anyway. But my script no longer restricts most roles to only 1 or 2 per side in order to prevent lynches based on this kind of logic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 15, 2011, 01:44:50 pm »

Dariush:  Well, that's unfortunate.  At least I feel vindicated in my suspicion.

LNCP:  I was asking for reasons not to massclaim, not for a massclaim.

I was a bit reluctant to claim, but far from not wanting to mass claim.

I'm a Cutting Edge Scientist with a Body Double.  No actions, of course, and you'd know if my double had been killed.

Also, I want to know what you think of Irony's case summary on Dariush that you asked him for?

Anyway, after a reread, I'm thinking Irony.

D1 he had three posts:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87352.msg2393946#msg2393946 RV/responses
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87352.msg2394187#msg2394187 RV Response and single question
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87352.msg2397470#msg2397470 More RV responses and a lurker vote

D2 starts with an apology for an absense, which is fine- but he doesn't back it up with a wall of content.  He spends the rest of the day on Dariush and Max, with only a single comment toward anyone else (Jokerman)- alll people that have been under pressure already.

Then D3 hits.

Vector, what does Max's roleflip say about your earlier flipflopping on whether he was scum or town? What was the turning point in each decision?

Dariush, you promised some content later, but it never happened. Didn't you have anything to say about Max's response?

Jokerman, why is it that the only person you've voted, ever, was for an unorthodox definition of 'tunneling' delivered at the end of the day?

Why are you voting Vector after spending all D2 focusing solely on Max and Dariush?  What makes Vector more suspicious than Dariush now?  Why is Vector's flipflopping notable when I did the same thing (without votes- I said more than once I was unsure of his alignment) not worth mentioning?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 15, 2011, 02:00:20 pm »

The balance sheet in the Discussion thread is out of date anyway. But my script no longer restricts most roles to only 1 or 2 per side in order to prevent lynches based on this kind of logic.

Oh, thank you.  I guess that happened when I was gone.

(Sorry about that, dudes)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »

He says as he also refuses to claim.

I'll go first; I'm a Medium. The dead people of this game are a bunch of annoying cowards, and they refuse to give me any information. Oh well. We'll have to try to win without them.

I needed to confirm whether we were at LYLO first.

I'm an Intelligence Scientist, having chosen the Snooper Bot for my tech. I snoopered Jim Groovester N0, and learned that he didn't go anywhere that night. On inspecting IronyOwl N1, I learned that he visited Jim Groovester's house - very interesting, considering it was Jimmy that died that same night.

Thus, I'm very suspicious of Irony at this point. I'm going to go through his posts and see what else I can dig up, too.

LNCP:  I was asking for reasons not to massclaim, not for a massclaim.

I sense bullshit in the air.

Also, I want to know what you think of Irony's case summary on Dariush that you asked him for?

The last two points seem like valid arguments, and that post alone wouldn't have drawn my attention to him. And with the benefit of the doubt I gave him while recovering from the extended absence it seemed reasonable.

As I said, I'm going to do a reread of his activity.

I'm a Survivor.

And due to my love of seeking easy ways out of difficult situations, I'm willing to collaborate with you and drive a mislynch. If you're interested in my offer, PM me.

Sorry, town, but I can't take the risks of staying at your side.

Grats, you've just voided any sliver of credibility you might have had left.

I'm considering lynching you just out of spite for that, but that wouldn't be playing to win.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2011, 03:09:30 pm »

LNCP:  I was hoping to draw an NK so I could get everyone to claim to me and direct the town.  No such luck.

You stated you snooped Jim N0 and Irony N1, but there's no N0.  Can you clarify?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30