Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66925 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »

Ok, so today I am heading up to my parents place for a few weeks, and while I am certain I will have access to the internet, better safe than sorry. So, if I don't post before 24 hours into the next game day, think of me as dead, and call a replacement. Once again, the chances of this happening are tiny, but I don't want to leave you guys hanging just in case.

Hope you do conditional replacements.
Unvote

Note to self: Toony.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2011, 04:09:46 am »

The fact that the two of you agree on this means it must have merit.
No.

Irony:  Why do you think Enchanter is worthless?
It's a tiebreaker, or tie maker. If you need to force a no-lynch, you've probably already lost. If you need to brute-force resolve a tie, the game's probably gone all to hell anyway. Neither situation is common enough to give "I don't have to but it would be better" much overall value either.

I could see it having some leadership/pressure value, and there are a handful of rather desperate, situational cases where it could prove handy, but I just don't see it as being substantially better than a vanilla townie/dopp.

Dariush, how would you play as a war vet?
I'll openly state I am one and lurk lurk lurk.
Interesting. How would you play a vig, both townie and dopp?

PAAAAAANDAAAAAAR: In addition to my earlier question (preferred role), who here would you most want as scum? Who would you most want as a vig? Who would you least want as a war vet?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2011, 08:32:23 am »

No.
No? Could you explain this to me?
If they are both townie then they are just trying to give me good advice, and I should most likely follow, even though we kill a townie (But we don't know that bit yet)
If they are both scum then Toony dies first night, HUZZAH! Who cares if it was bad advice? Scum is dead.
If one is townie and the other scum, one is giving good advice, and the other is also giving good advice while trying to blend in as a townie.
I don't see a trail of logic that leads to no.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2011, 12:08:31 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Vector
Jim Groovester: ToonyMan
Max White: lordnincompoop
Pandarsenic: IronyOwl
Toaster: Think0028
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jim Groovester, Max White
Vector: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

Pandarsenic has been prodded.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »

Hmm.  Every time I roll town I always get too excited and get too aggressive from square one.

The votes right now show that everybody besides me only has one vote, that shows that there really is no determination at all because there's no pressure at all, besides me of course.  It's also worth noting that Dariush and Max White are making votes that just follow Jim's logic, which are bandwagon votes.

I'll try for an extend because there are still a few players that haven't said anything, which will help in our fight against scum.  Vector and Pandarsenic are definitely two who should be playing more.

No.
No? Could you explain this to me?
If they are both townie then they are just trying to give me good advice, and I should most likely follow, even though we kill a townie (But we don't know that bit yet)
If they are both scum then Toony dies first night, HUZZAH! Who cares if it was bad advice? Scum is dead.
If one is townie and the other scum, one is giving good advice, and the other is also giving good advice while trying to blend in as a townie.
I don't see a trail of logic that leads to no.
And no Max.  Even if every single player agrees with something doesn't mean it's right.  For example, let's say everybody think Jim is town, that doesn't mean Jim is town.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »

Extend, not letting the day end without Pandarsenic posting.

And Meph, my vote was for ToonyMan, not Toaster.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2011, 12:39:25 pm »

That's twice now I think, hehe.  There's not any role that can control votes this early into the game is there?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Vector
Jim Groovester: ToonyMan
Max White: lordnincompoop
Pandarsenic: IronyOwl
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jim Groovester, Max White, Think0028
Vector: Toaster

That should fix it.

We now have 2 votes to Extend the day. 4 votes will Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Thursday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2011, 01:29:10 pm »

The game barely (re)started and nobody is posting again.

a. What specific, concrete things will you be doing to improve your play this game?
I'll be extremely careful about whom I vote and for what reason, and think twice even about RVS ones (unlike my bungled attempt against Toaster last time).

Where is the line between paranoia about your actions and blunt force to hunt scum?
If you take the distance between paranoia about my actions and blunt force to hunt scum as 1, then this line will lie on a mark roughly 0.347596813 units away from paranoia and, respectively, 0.652403187 units from blunt force.

Seriously though, this is meaningless question.

It's also worth noting that Dariush and Max White are making votes that just follow Jim's logic, which are bandwagon votes.
What, seriously? Even though I clearly phrased it (and accompanied by an RVS question) as an RVS vote? Why are you so overdefensive?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »

Dariush, how would you play as a war vet?
I'll openly state I am one and lurk lurk lurk.
Interesting. How would you play a vig, both townie and dopp?
As town vig I'll try to keep my head down and not get lynched, knowing that I probably won't be NK'd; as dopp vig I'll either claim Kook PWV or Kook vig and openly ask any guardians to protect me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2011, 02:30:37 pm »

It's also worth noting that Dariush and Max White are making votes that just follow Jim's logic, which are bandwagon votes.
What, seriously? Even though I clearly phrased it (and accompanied by an RVS question) as an RVS vote? Why are you so overdefensive?
Hehe, if anything, you're being overly defensive by reacting so strongly to what I said.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2011, 03:31:22 pm »

Busy as hell today, so I owe a better post than this.  Let's extend and I'll look at it tonight.  For now...

Dariush:  Let me phrase it better, then:

What will you do to make sure your paranoia about how you look will not interfere with your scumhunting?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:24 pm »

Oh right:  Still waiting on you, Vector.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2011, 05:07:03 pm »

Has Pandarsenic really not posted at all? Welp, time to lynch him for it.

Unvote, Pandarsenic.

Hmm.  Every time I roll town I always get too excited and get too aggressive from square one.

The votes right now show that everybody besides me only has one vote, that shows that there really is no determination at all because there's no pressure at all, besides me of course.  It's also worth noting that Dariush and Max White are making votes that just follow Jim's logic, which are bandwagon votes.

I'll try for an extend because there are still a few players that haven't said anything, which will help in our fight against scum.  Vector and Pandarsenic are definitely two who should be playing more.

You're a regular town martyr, aren't you?

Oh, and everyone who thinks your arguments are crap and are voting you because they're terrible are scummy. Yep, convincing explanations, all around.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30