Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66494 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »

Welcome back!

First thing:  I'd like for everyone to remember that my first-post Kook claims are 2 for 2 for catching scum.  If you're a Kook, claim it.  (No, I'm not one this time.)

Max:
Dariush: Some of that tec looks pretty cool. What item(s) would you most want to have?
IronyOwl: Good to see you again, under slightly new conditions this time. What role do you think is to be feared the most on the first night?
ToonyMan: Pretty early to have a realy good idea about who is going to be lynched isn't it?

Think0028: Seems Jim and ToonyMan have hit it right off. Do you think either of them are justified?

Why does every question of yours reek of a leading question?

Vector:  Would you rather have a mind shield or an anti-tech field?  Would your alignment change the answer to that question?

Irony:  What do you think three scum among 11 players will do to the balance of the game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:19 pm »

Why does every question of yours reek of a leading question?

Well that is a change. Normally I get accused of asking worthless questions.  :P
Umm, I'm not sure. I studied some past games to try and improve my RVS game, and those were the kind of questions I came up with.

Jokerman-EXE: I don't believe we have met, nice to see a new face. Tell me a little about yourself, do you prefer to play as scum or townie?

That's a fair explanation, but I'll be keeping an eye on you.
As long as you have enough eyes to keep on the entire game, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 10:11:25 pm »

Isn't this the Solifuge Method? The difference, I think, was that Solifuge actually had a reason for the way that he played.

Just because it's got a player's name attached to it doesn't mean it's a good idea or effective.

What do you think?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:37 pm »

IronyOwl: Good to see you again, under slightly new conditions this time. What role do you think is to be feared the most on the first night?
Doppleganger Vigilante. Nothing seems especially dangerous just on N1, aside from the obvious.

Irony:  What do you think three scum among 11 players will do to the balance of the game?
My guess would be that it'll mandate that the game be pretty crazy. I'm guessing there's a dopp-opposed third party out there to complicate things a bit, and the role list might have been weighted heavier this time.

Pandar, what role would you most want to be?

Max, what do you think of the Jim-Toony incident? You must have some opinion on it.

Dariush, how would you play as a war vet?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2011, 11:15:09 pm »

Max, what do you think of the Jim-Toony incident? You must have some opinion on it.
I was thinking that perhaps ToonyMan was attempting to draw out some scum by putting a big 'EASY LYNCH HERE' sign around he's neck, then seeing who joins onto the bandwagon. Then Vector informed me that this was, in fact, common for him, so now I'm a little at a loss.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:21 pm »

I was thinking that perhaps ToonyMan was attempting to draw out some scum by putting a big 'EASY LYNCH HERE' sign around he's neck, then seeing who joins onto the bandwagon. Then Vector informed me that this was, in fact, common for him, so now I'm a little at a loss.
I would never do that on purpose and you're being passive-scum again.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2011, 12:03:26 am »

Damn you people and your early-morning starts. I need my beauty sleep, yanno.

Max White. How will you try to ensure victory?
IronyOwl, what role would you most want? The least?
Pandar, are you planning on being active in this game at all? What was your greatest mistake last game?
Jim, what did you enjoy most about yourself and/or your play last game? What did you dislike the most?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2011, 12:14:04 am »

Max White. How will you try to ensure victory?

If there was a way to ensure victory, it wouldn't be much of a game, would it? Standard protocol, lynch scum, get beacon. Although there are some nifty little abilities possibly in play, so being careful and not lynching the town military scientist might be handy. But being passive doesn't win these games, so I guess high pressure, figure out roles, lynch scum, get beacon, is more precise.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2011, 12:47:18 am »

Why are you defending him?  I don't feel like answering that question yet again.

I'm not defending him, I'm questioning you, and you haven't answered the question once yet. How is his reaction scummy? Don't say "Town Jim would have done something different", that's a circular answer. What would Town Jim have done? Why would he have done that? How do you know how Jim would normally respond? Where is your evidence?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 12:53:45 am »

Do you think it's worth looking into, then? How do you intend to figure out what's up with Toony?

IronyOwl, what role would you most want? The least?
Xenozoologist looks fun. Enchanter looks worthless.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 01:02:26 am »

Do you think it's worth looking into, then? How do you intend to figure out what's up with Toony?
Well, anybody who seems to want votes might be a spore spreader, or dopp war vet, or something, so interaction might be risky. If we could get a Telepath to investigate him that would seem to be the safest method. Short of that, we lynch, as what other real option do we have? I've read the past games and it seems Org had a reputation of both useless as a townie and unstoppable of scum because people thought he was just rubbish all around so he's couldn't be scum. I would rather not give Toony a similar level of protection, but I don't want to lynch him and give him what he wants.
I say wait until day 2, and if nothing has come up to clear things up, lynch he's ass.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 01:16:27 am »

Jim, what did you enjoy most about yourself and/or your play last game? What did you dislike the most?

Everything.

Nothing.

As always, my play was objectively flawless.

Well, anybody who seems to want votes might be a spore spreader, or dopp war vet, or something, so interaction might be risky. If we could get a Telepath to investigate him that would seem to be the safest method. Short of that, we lynch, as what other real option do we have? I've read the past games and it seems Org had a reputation of both useless as a townie and unstoppable of scum because people thought he was just rubbish all around so he's couldn't be scum. I would rather not give Toony a similar level of protection, but I don't want to lynch him and give him what he wants.
I say wait until day 2, and if nothing has come up to clear things up, lynch he's ass.

How about, we lynch him on Day 1 instead, because Spore Spreaders really aren't that big of a deal.

Why are you coming up with reasons to not lynch ToonyMan?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 01:21:00 am »

Fear of something bad happening, or killing somebody that was useful. But let's not allow fear to have us sitting in the dark while dopps eat our women, children and phone lines.

Jim Groovester, why are you pushing for votes against Toony when some people (Read: I) am not convinced we should lynch him yet?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 01:24:05 am »

Why are you defending him?  I don't feel like answering that question yet again.
I'm not defending him, I'm questioning you, and you haven't answered the question once yet. How is his reaction scummy? Don't say "Town Jim would have done something different", that's a circular answer. What would Town Jim have done? Why would he have done that? How do you know how Jim would normally respond? Where is your evidence?
Town Jim would have responded differently.  He would have did that because he would be town.  I've played games with Jim many times.  I have no evidence, it's the start of day freakin' one.  You're really not getting this are you?  I guess that explains the vote kukuku.

Wait?  Waiting won't help at all.  You know lynching scum the first day boosts the town's chance of winning by a very significant percentage?  My goal is to lynch scum today, not to wait until tomorrow and so on.

And no, I don't want to be lynched.  I'm not a spore spreader, a dopp, or an anti-town role/faction of any kind.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 01:39:13 am »

Jim Groovester, why are you pushing for votes against Toony when some people (Read: I) am not convinced we should lynch him yet?

Because I think he's scum.

What are you, a dumbass?

So what made you decide I was worthy of your vote? Up until now you've been throwing questions at people and you weren't using your vote at all for RVS pressure. What is it? Do I have you spooked? Are you scared big bad Jim Groovester's gonna crack you open like an egg, and spill out all your secrets for the whole world to see?

Fear of something bad happening, or killing somebody that was useful. But let's not allow fear to have us sitting in the dark while dopps eat our women, children and phone lines.yet?

That's basically WIFOM.

WIFOM is a terrible thing to stop you from voting anybody. Why, if everybody was worried something bad might happen with every lynch, nothing would get done and the town would get nowhere. Besides, there's basically no risk of any of that happening. (Roles really aren't critical to preserve. Games are won in the day game, not the night game.) So I'm left wondering why you're using WIFOM as an excuse not to vote ToonyMan. You do suspect him, right? I am getting that right, that you think he's suspicious?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30