Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 65831 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2011, 01:56:35 am »

Because I think he's scum.
Unvote.
That is pretty much all I wanted to know.

So what made you decide I was worthy of your vote? Up until now you've been throwing questions at people and you weren't using your vote at all for RVS pressure. What is it? Do I have you spooked? Are you scared big bad Jim Groovester's gonna crack you open like an egg, and spill out all your secrets for the whole world to see?

It's funny how if you treat your vote carefully, when you do throw it out, it really makes people jump. You have every reason to think he was scum, and it looks like other people are at least suspicious. Glad to know that your being honest about it.

Wait?  Waiting won't help at all.  You know lynching scum the first day boosts the town's chance of winning by a very significant percentage?  My goal is to lynch scum today, not to wait until tomorrow and so on.

And no, I don't want to be lynched.  I'm not a spore spreader, a dopp, or an anti-town role/faction of any kind.
To me, this looks like scum trying hard to pretend to be town by giving the stock standard 'Lynch on site!' speech. If lynching the first day is as powerful as you claim it to be, better not delay then. Vote ToonyMan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09:49 am »

You have to think.  I don't mean to just go around with a chopping board or following people blindly.  Lynching scum the first day only works when the person you lynch is actually scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2011, 03:16:12 am »

Vote ToonyMan.

Then why did you bother with the "OH NO TOONYBRO MIGHT BE SPROE SPERADER" nonsense?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2011, 03:18:54 am »

Because I honestly believed it.
However both you and Toony seem to agree that it is better to put that beside and lynch anyway, the only disagreement is the target of the lynch. The fact that the two of you agree on this means it must have merit. And if you are both working together to fool me? Well I don't any team town aligned roles, so it's win-win.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2011, 03:28:09 am »

EDIT: Sorry, was missing a word there.
Well I don't see any team town aligned roles, so it's win-win.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2011, 08:03:59 am »

Dariush: Some of that tec looks pretty cool. What item(s) would you most want to have?
Assassin bot, always.
a. What specific, concrete things will you be doing to improve your play this game?
I'll be extremely careful about whom I vote and for what reason, and think twice even about RVS ones (unlike my bungled attempt against Toaster last time).
b. Of the various alien roles (i.e. non-Dopp, non-human), which would you prefer?  Why?
Agent Operative - two tech slots and a claim that doesn't need to be faked in case things go south.
Dariush, how would you play as a war vet?
I'll openly state I am one and lurk lurk lurk.

Toony, which human role would you prefer?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2011, 11:35:06 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Vector
Jim Groovester: ToonyMan
Max White: lordnincompoop
Pandarsenic: IronyOwl
Toaster: Think0028
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jim Groovester, Max White
Vector: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2011, 12:44:47 pm »

Toony, which human role would you prefer?
A bodyguard or agent.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2011, 03:19:45 pm »

Just popping in to say that I'm paying attention, but I'll have to post later.  Weird stuff is happening that I'm not going to be able to understand with this level of attention/concentration.

For now, Toaster, I'll just say that I don't know the role set enough at present to give you a considered response.  That will have to wait for later this evening, as well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »

Vector:  Noted.

Dariush:
a. What specific, concrete things will you be doing to improve your play this game?
I'll be extremely careful about whom I vote and for what reason, and think twice even about RVS ones (unlike my bungled attempt against Toaster last time).

Where is the line between paranoia about your actions and blunt force to hunt scum?

Irony:  Why do you think Enchanter is worthless?

Think:  What tech do you think is most helpful for an Agent Op?  Exty?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »

War Vet's a convenient fakeclaim for dirty rotten scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2011, 07:49:30 pm »

Toaster: For agent op, I'd say assassin bot, scanner, and... stun orb, maybe? Exty I'd say Plasma Bomb and Combat Camo, but I'm not entirely sure when Plasma Bomb would be best to use. Intel might be better.

Meph: I'm currently voting Toony, not Toaster.

Toaster: (because Meph clearly was telling me to) Which alien role would you fear the most?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »

Think:  Fair enough.

Probably the Hivemind, because there's little practical experience in rooting one out.  The dopps want the exty dead just as much as town does.

Jim:

War Vet's a convenient fakeclaim for dirty rotten scum.

How is that relevant to him answering that question?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2011, 08:36:18 pm »

How is that relevant to him answering that question?

I know what I'm doing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30