Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66836 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

My explanations are crappy how?  Why did you unvote me so easily?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2011, 10:54:48 pm »

Day is Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2011, 11:01:07 pm »

*poke* Game has started.

Oh, hi everyone.

Pandar, are you planning on being active in this game at all? What was your greatest mistake last game?
Now that I'm actually here, yes.
Giving away the free win it would've been with the reset.

Panda: Why you no post?
See above. Max White, your reasons for voting Toony (and unvoting and then voting for him again...) are unconvincing. Do you ACTUALLY believe he's scum? I don't believe you believe that.

PAAAAAANDAAAAAAR: In addition to my earlier question (preferred role), who here would you most want as scum? Who would you most want as a vig? Who would you least want as a war vet?
Preferred role: Alien Exterminator. I can't help it. It's too much fun. :I
Scum: Me. I would want to be the scum.
Vig: Me. Especially if I was also scum, but fine if not.
Least want as War Vet: Someone who claims Kook. That sort of thing just isn't going to end well. Not Dopp Vig bad, but still bad.

Jim: If you're not convinced by what Toony said, why unvote him?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2011, 11:16:38 pm »

My explanations are crappy how?  Why did you unvote me so easily?

We've been over this. You have no concrete reason for voting me. Your explanation that 'Town Jim would do something different' is unconvincing because you have repeatedly failed to mention how I would have responded differently, or even how my response was scummy at all. On being pressed about the issue, you copped out and said 'He feels scummy to me' which would be fine enough to say if you had other, more solid reasons for suspecting me and you hadn't decided to vote on that and that alone. You further insist on holding to your vote despite all pretense of any reason for holding it being stripped away by aggressive questioning, which means you're being stubborn for no good reason and that you don't really suspect me at all, and instead, decided right from the outset of the game that you were going to try and get me lynched.

In other words, you're scum.

As for your second question:

Jim: If you're not convinced by what Toony said, why unvote him?

Because I want you to fucking post, you lazy asshole.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2011, 11:27:33 pm »

See above. Max White, your reasons for voting Toony (and unvoting and then voting for him again...) are unconvincing. Do you ACTUALLY believe he's scum? I don't believe you believe that.
What do we define as scum? Is he a dopp? Maybe, maybe not, he could be some alien. Either way, I feel he is anti-town and up to some sneaky shit. If somebody more scummy comes along I will reconsider my vote, but right now he is the scummiest I can see.

My reason for unvoting and voting again had to do with me being in transit and unsure about internet status, rather then anything game related. Would you rather me be a little paranoid about it and give everybody a heads up that I might not be able to play the rest of the game, or risk just dropping out of activity without a word?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2011, 11:28:26 pm »

Net crapped out in a major way.  Rereading now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2011, 12:16:41 am »

Oh, fuck it.  Can't do this right now.

Yesterday and most of today were spent embroiled in German homework or studying for an exam, and then I ended up having mandatory roommate things (cleaning, conversing, etc.--suddenly there's more people-maintenance, now that I'm planning on staying here) and a broken internet.

And I'm completely exhausted.  And vaguely under the weather.

So, I guess this is just a post to say I'm here, I'm going to sleep, I'm putting this on top priority on my to-do list.  Sorry for being irresponsible about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2011, 12:34:44 am »

Dariush: So is your vote still an RV or does it have a purpose now?
Panda: What role do you most fear, aside from Dopp Vig? Whose hands would you fear it the most in?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2011, 03:44:27 am »

Right, so Jim thinks I'm more scummy than Toony (whom he has declared scum) because I missed the start of the game. Duly noted.

You scumbukkit.

What do we define as scum? Is he a dopp? Maybe, maybe not, he could be some alien. Either way, I feel he is anti-town and up to some sneaky shit. If somebody more scummy comes along I will reconsider my vote, but right now he is the scummiest I can see.

My reason for unvoting and voting again had to do with me being in transit and unsure about internet status, rather then anything game related. Would you rather me be a little paranoid about it and give everybody a heads up that I might not be able to play the rest of the game, or risk just dropping out of activity without a word?

That's a lot of words to give no reasons, waffle on whether you think Toony is scum, and then try to frame shift things towards your almost-absence.

You scumbukkit.

Think0028: A stupid/careless town vig, but there's nobody in this game adequately Org or Archangel for me to worry about them more as an ally than as an enemy. So to give a more RELEVANT answer, I'd say Advanced Dopp in the hands of someone good at guessing enemy roles (e.g. Jim).

Three guesses whether I trust Jim or Max so far. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2011, 05:46:30 am »

Right, so Jim thinks I'm more scummy than Toony (whom he has declared scum) because I missed the start of the game. Duly noted.

Nope.

Just a little incentive to make sure your lazy ass keeps posting. I'll swap it back to ToonyMan once I'm satisfied you're actually going to play this game.

Don't blame me if people get fed up with your habitually shitty activity.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2011, 06:36:06 am »

That's a lot of words to give no reasons, waffle on whether you think Toony is scum, and then try to frame shift things towards your almost-absence.

You scumbukkit.
You never asked for reasoning bro, you just said you weren't convinced with the reasons given. I assumed you had read the posts, or was that a stretch? Do you want reasons? I'll save myself a post and throw them in anyway, feel free to not read them at your leisure.
Toony statred his first post off with a bandwagon vote, sort of. Well he was mimicking the vote of Think at least, then soon after goes on to say that
Even if every single player agrees with something doesn't mean it's right.  For example, let's say everybody think Jim is town, that doesn't mean Jim is town.
And you can just as easily replace town with scum in that quote, it works just as well.

He also claims that
Town Jim would have did something different.
but from what I have seen that isn't true. I got to see Scum Jim working first hand back in the last third party when he was the brother, and scum Jim explains himself a little more, Town Jim is such a self righteous prick that he will settle with saying that he thinks somebody is scum as justification, as long as there is evidence laying around to back it.

Got anything I should know about Jim, or any other player that you think is important? My reasoning for Jim passing the reaction test is based on one game, so if you know something I don't then speak up.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2011, 06:40:55 am »

EDIT: Sorry, while cutting down those quotes to make to try and make them readable, I think I lost some of my first paragraph. Let me fix that.

Toony statred his first post off with a bandwagon vote, sort of. Well he was mimicking the vote of Think at least, then soon after goes on to say that
That's your excuse for not being able to shake me, you have the most votes right now for a reason.
but this is hardly good reasoning for a vote. Yes Toony, he has the most votes because one was a RVS vote, and the other was yours. You invented your own reason to try and frame Jim. And after all,
Even if every single player agrees with something doesn't mean it's right.  For example, let's say everybody think Jim is town, that doesn't mean Jim is town.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2011, 06:47:16 am »

Lots of people have also bandwagon'd ONTO Toony. Is this suspicious to you?

Stating that reality operates by its own rules rather than by everyone agreeing something ought to be true is ACCURATE, not SCUMMY. Saying that he's trying to frame Jim is a non sequitur.

Jim plays like Jim when he's town and he plays like Webadict when he's scum. As scum, they rely heavily on coercing people into following via force of personality. They act completely confident and rely on people falling in line behind them.

Webadict does the exact same thing as town, and I think Jim has been improving his town-scum unity to the point I wouldn't be confident voting Jim over that by the time of this game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:39 am »

Lots of people have also bandwagon'd ONTO Toony. Is this suspicious to you?
If every time somebody placed a vote on somebody that already had a vote, we called bandwagon, we wouldn't get very far. Sometimes a man gotta vote where a man gotta vote, or something similar but more feminine for Vector. I'm not going to start questioning myself about my vote, that honer goes to everybody else in the game  :P, but as for think and he's vote.
ToonyMan, I want some justification as to why this is even evidence. How does this response prove he is scum? Why is this supposedly different from what Town Jim would do? How do you even know what Jim is thinking?
Demanding evidence for an opinion is hardly a bandwagon. Evidence we still aren't nearly close to hearing.

Jim plays like Jim when he's town and he plays like Webadict when he's scum. As scum, they rely heavily on coercing people into following via force of personality. They act completely confident and rely on people falling in line behind them.
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind, for future and current games.

So Pandar, what do you think of Toony? I mean from the fact that you suspect anybody who looks at him I'm guessing you think he is town, but I don't want to take these things for granted.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2011, 07:21:00 am »

Oh, not at all. I don't trust him any farther than I can shoot him, which sadly isn't an option I have, so I must be moderate in my aggression, lest I make threats to him that I cannot execute.

I can't be sure, yet, whether his I'm-so-indignant reaction is townlike or scumlike, because that hinges on whether it sounds fake or real... and if it's fake, whether it sounds townfake or scumfake.

I don't suspect people for suspecting him. I suspect you, in fact, of NOT ACTUALLY suspecting him. I suspect Jim for how he's SO insistent Toony is scum, but voting for someone who hadn't quite registered the game starting since he doesn't spend much time on the Bay12forums on his temporary replacement for his fried computer.

Anyway.

Toony, to his "credit," isn't making me think your votes are misplaced. I can't, however, find it in me to believe you believe the reasons you, Max, have enumerated.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30