Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 68125 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:11 am »

So your not worried about me being suspecting of toony, your worred of me not suspecting toony, and expressing this by voting toony. What is this I don't even... You know I'm just going to not give a damn, lest I get drunk from the wine.

Jokerman-EXE: Hey buddy, you still breathing? You sort of vanished after a single post. How do you think scumtells for newer players differ from the old hands?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:53 am »

Even if every single player agrees with something doesn't mean it's right.  For example, let's say everybody think Jim is town, that doesn't mean Jim is town.
And you can just as easily replace town with scum in that quote, it works just as well.
And?  That doesn't change what I said as being the truth, that was just one of infinite examples.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2011, 08:38:24 am »

So your not worried about me being suspecting of toony, your worred of me not suspecting toony, and expressing this by voting toony. What is this I don't even... You know I'm just going to not give a damn, lest I get drunk from the wine.
Voting someone you don't really think is scum is not a town thing to do. And if you're scum, you'll very rarely REALLY believe the person you're voting is scum, after all...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2011, 11:28:30 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Vector
Jim Groovester: ToonyMan
Max White: lordnincompoop, Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic: IronyOwl, Jim Groovester
ToonyMan: Dariush, Max White, Think0028
Vector: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2011, 01:08:30 pm »

First off, apologies for not posting last night.  Crap came up.

Jim:
Right, so Jim thinks I'm more scummy than Toony (whom he has declared scum) because I missed the start of the game. Duly noted.

Nope.

Just a little incentive to make sure your lazy ass keeps posting. I'll swap it back to ToonyMan once I'm satisfied you're actually going to play this game.

Don't blame me if people get fed up with your habitually shitty activity.

Do you really feel it necessary to leave your vote on him to get him to post when you say Toony is scum?  This rings hollow to me.

How is that relevant to him answering that question?

I know what I'm doing.

You bungled your tags there- fixed them for you.  I was quoting this to say it was scummy (IE before I saw the tag.)

Toony:  Do you think your tunnelvision is doing anything for you this game?  Who else do you suspect besides Jim?

Pandar:
Voting someone you don't really think is scum is not a town thing to do. And if you're scum, you'll very rarely REALLY believe the person you're voting is scum, after all...

Is this directed at Max, Jim, or both?

Dariush:  Your contributions so far are practically nonexistent.

It's also worth noting that Dariush and Max White are making votes that just follow Jim's logic, which are bandwagon votes.
What, seriously? Even though I clearly phrased it (and accompanied by an RVS question) as an RVS vote? Why are you so overdefensive?

Yet you never actually say it is an RVS vote.  Is it or isn't it?  If so, do you actually think he is scum?  If not, what is your full case?  In either case, who else do you suspect?

This looks very much so like what you did last game- you sat on a RVS vote.

More coming- gtg for now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2011, 01:25:59 pm »

Finally getting here, everyone.  Thanks for waiting so long.

Vector:  Would you rather have a mind shield or an anti-tech field?  Would your alignment change the answer to that question?

I'm assuming, for purposes of this question, that both of these are basic.

Probably an anti-tech field.  From what I see/remember of the rules, mental powers are usually tuned to town's investigative roles, whereas tech is either mad scientists or aliens (more heavily weighted to aliens).  Scum investigation is generally less valuable to the scum than town's, and the anti-tech could be useful if one pulled the attention of a dopp with a killbot.  Or, you know, any other nasty tech from aliens and so on.

That, and I really don't like the "we investigated you and have no idea what you are" phenomenon.  The existence of the advanced mind shield makes nothing entirely confirmable, but as far as degrees go, I'd rather have folks be as certain as possible.

If I were an alien, I have no idea.  I don't think I've ever played an alien other than that one time I swapped in for ExKirby as the ExtyOp.  I guess a tech field, because if I were a third party I'd probably be more paranoid about getting one-shotted by some random attack than I would be about investigation.

And if I were a dopp... huh.  I really don't have much dopp experience, either, but I'd probably take the mind shield and trust my ability to bluff out of "unreadable" over the usual investigative roulette.

a. What specific, concrete things will you be doing to improve your play this game?
I'll be extremely careful about whom I vote and for what reason, and think twice even about RVS ones (unlike my bungled attempt against Toaster last time).

Just don't let it make you too cautious.  I didn't see what happened last time, but I suspect that if you're having trouble even in RVS, the issue may be your "power" rather than your vote placement.

Dariush, how would you play as a war vet?
I'll openly state I am one and lurk lurk lurk.

Maybe I don't understand what's going on here, but how does "lurk lurk lurk" ever benefit the town?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »

Toony:  Do you think your tunnelvision is doing anything for you this game?  Who else do you suspect besides Jim?
Oh it's working.  I suspect Max White and Vector as well.  It doesn't seem like Vector is playing at all.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2011, 02:01:20 pm »

As I said, things have been somewhat harried over here.  I'll be as active as I can for the rest of the game.

If you've got any questions for me, though, ask 'em.  I have more time today because I slept through the first half of class (.... >_>), but in general time is being tight this summer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2011, 02:05:44 pm »

Do you have any suspicious party besides Dariush and who are they?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:51 pm »

Do you have any suspicious party besides Dariush and who are they?

At the moment, there's sort of the folks fighting in the middle, and then the lurkers/sideliners/folks that aren't posting much.  I'm lurker-hunting at the moment because a. more involvement is good for town and b. I can't get reads on folks if they don't post--and I'm getting strong town reads from most people in the center ruckus.

Anyway, after Dariush, the list is probably (in order):

IronyOwl (something about the posting/attack pattern feels off)
Jokerman-EXE (even more lurky than usual; that doesn't tell me anything about his alignment, because it's just his style, but I've found that his beginning-game lurkfest tends to fuck up the endgame)

And then, of folks I'm keeping an eye on for vague gut tremors:

Think0028
Toaster

I'm still watching Max, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards "clumsy" than scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »

I don't want this to end with my death so I'll be voting my other suspicion Max White for now.  Jim will probably move his vote back however I'm hoping somebody else is able to chip in.  Or do we have to extend again?  It feels like this extend went over so fast.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »

Do you really feel it necessary to leave your vote on him to get him to post when you say Toony is scum?  This rings hollow to me.

Yes.

Activity's been so poor lately that I'm starting to think Lynch All Lurkers is a good idea in general. The vote on Pandarsenic wasn't for pressure; I was completely ready to lynch him for not posting. After his post I wanted more assurance that he wouldn't disappear again after saying, "Herp missed the game start lol i didnt do nothing wrong"

It looks like I've got that assurance now, though, for however long it's going to last. Unvote, ToonyMan.

I know what I'm doing.

You bungled your tags there- fixed them for you.  I was quoting this to say it was scummy (IE before I saw the tag.)

Nope, I meant to do it that way. It was a secret message, to let people know what I was doing without ruining the reaction test. I'd get really pissed off if people did this all the time though.

I vaguely recall that Dariush likes doing fakeclaims, and I wanted to see if I could rattle him a little and get him to freak out about it.

Didn't work. Oh well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2011, 05:12:01 pm »

Since I will be dying in two hours I might as well role-claim in my final moments as a last resort.  I am a human observant guard.  Good luck town.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2011, 05:14:43 pm »

First: Extend.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2011, 05:16:24 pm »

Now there is something interesting here.
Saying somebody doesn't believe their own vote is a some what sketchy thing. You can't really prove it ever, it's just a subjective way to call somebody scum for having an opinion.
Also take note that Pandar is focusing this tactic on me, and not Think. I have something Think does not, that being a RVS vote from somebody who hasn't been very active. Combine Pandas weakly justified vote, with Toony's defensive vote, and together they managed to even the vote tally and save Toonys ass for the mean time.

Did I get that right? We have three each. Can we get a votecount to be sure?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30