Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66855 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2011, 06:59:40 pm »

Oh, for fuck's sake.  I pretty much can't post given this little time.

Dariush, the basic thing is this:

I'm bothering Max because Max was being absurd.  My initial read of "ah, yes, probably town!" started to get pinged, so I wanted to keep asking questions.  Folks are generally not clear until they're dead.  That, and if he's town, he can damned well clean up his game a bit.  So: got a read, don't trust my read because I haven't completed many games with him, trying to sharpen my read.

I'm bothering you because I don't know anything about you and not that many people are focused on you--makes you a good target for a read.

I haven't been bothering many people in general because

a. My style is generally not "bother everyone simultaneously," even if that's coming into vogue right now; I tend to start missing large swathes of information when I do that

b. I was gone for half of the Day or more taking care of numerous Real Life problems, including an examination

c. There was already, in my point of view, enough people bugging IO and Jokerman about the lurking problem, and I could use my energy elsewhere.  Cooks, soup, spoiling, etc.

That's pretty much the shape of it.

Posting now because it's almost 5.  Sorry I didn't post sooner--I've basically been working since 6 this morning.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2011, 09:11:59 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Toaster, Vector
Max White: Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
Pandarsenic: IronyOwl
ToonyMan: Dariush, Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, Max White, Think0028

The day grows late. After countless pots of coffee you decide that enough is enough. ToonyMan is going to die!

He has a panicked look in his eyes as he's dragged outside, but no one is listening to his protestations of innocent. Jim Groovester follows everyone else out with the rifle.

"Come on, man, this isn't cool! You can't just shoot people! It's...it's not even legal!" screams Toony.

"Yeah, well, neither is eating people you damn doppelganger!"

"I'm not-" *bang*

Even Toonyman has a rather shocked expression on his face. He looks down at the bullet hole in his chest and crumples to the ground.

You stare at him, waiting for the tell-tale shift from human to monster. But it doesn't happen. He was, it seems, innocent after all.

"Um...well. Damn. I guess...I guess we should check the body." Stammers Jim. "You know...make sure?"

His jacket gets unzipped. You find a business card in his pocket touting him as being from Vigilant Security. Well...he did say he was an observant guard. Guess he was telling the truth about that too.

In any case, he's obviously both human and dead.

Exhausted, you stagger back to your houses to get some sleep. You have to do this again tomorrow!

The day has ended. I have it in the rules that we can only have 2 extensions a day. Might change that for next time if people don't like that rule, but for consistency's sake I'm going to stick with that for this game.

In any case, send in your actions!

(Also, I've prodded IronyOwl)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Night 1
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2011, 12:00:19 pm »

In the warmth of the main room you gather again. Hot coffee and warm rolls serve to wake you up and fill your bellies. And yet...someone is missing.

Pandarsenic. With worried glances you decided to go check on him. Flashlights and lanterns in hand you trudge off to his house. There you see his door open, and a trail of blood leading out of the room. You look inside, cautiously. No one is there, but there is blood splattered all about the room. Whatever happened here was gruesome, to say the least. You poke around a bit, and do find something interesting. A book called Mediums: A lifeline to the dead, and a few other books on the afterlife and contacting the dead. You can only wonder if he truly possessed that ability, since it looks like he won’t need any special ability to speak with the dead now.

Depressed, you head back. The doppelgangers are still out there, still killing. You need to find them, and soon, or Pandarsenic won’t be the only victim of theirs.

Day 2 has begun. It will go until ~10am Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2011, 12:55:23 pm »

Max:
I don't have people backing me.

Why do you need people backing you to make a case on someone?

Dariush:  What is your scum list now that your top two picks have flipped town?

Jokerman:  You successfully lurked the day away without ever throwing a vote.  I want my questions answered, still.  Also, what is your reason for why you never voted yesterday.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 2: Discussions with Death
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2011, 12:56:23 pm »

Max White, for reasons I can't completely recall right now.

Oh, right. For buddying up to me like maaad.

Max White, why were you trying to butter me up like a piece of toast?

And I was also getting ready to vote IronyOwl for lurking but maybe he'll show up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »

Not to make a case, just to know for sure who is what.

Buddying? I saw a conflict and chose the less scummy looking side. What, are you saying we should have lynched you instead?
When Pandar started to shield Toony and do he's best to chainsaw me, it was clear there was a team there, so thinking they were scum was justified, with or without your support.

Toony, which human role would you prefer?
Dariush: Was this a random vote?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2011, 04:46:29 pm »

Buddying? I saw a conflict and chose the less scummy looking side. What, are you saying we should have lynched you instead?
When Pandar started to shield Toony and do he's best to chainsaw me, it was clear there was a team there, so thinking they were scum was justified, with or without your support.

What the hell do ToonyMan and Pandarsenic have to do with anything.

You said I was town because I succeeded at some stupid meta test you came up with on the spot. This bugs me because 1) You don't know my meta well enough to make a good enough judgment about that, and 2) You thought I was town for just that one thing.

Why the meta test, and why would that be your only reason to think I'm town?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »

You assholes.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:01 pm »

Don't worry Pandar we can be together forever.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2011, 05:54:34 pm »

Jokerman:
tl;dr Max White is my top pick thus far, though it's a very close lead over Think. Overall I'm just watching the arguments go back and forth for now, so maybe something else will stand out as time goes.

Problem:  You're not voting Max (or anyone.)  If he's your top pick, why aren't you voting him?  If he's not a good enough pick to vote, why aren't you pressing people to find a voteworthy pick?  I smell someone trying to get through D1 without notice.

I wasn't voting for him because while he was my top suspect, I didn't fully believe that he was scum. I wasn't pressing any people because I was goddam busy as hell, which may be a weak excuse but oh well.

I didn't vote yesterday because I don't really throw my vote around like you people do. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but that's the way it is.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2011, 06:30:39 pm »

What the hell do ToonyMan and Pandarsenic have to do with anything.

You said I was town because I succeeded at some stupid meta test you came up with on the spot. This bugs me because 1) You don't know my meta well enough to make a good enough judgment about that, and 2) You thought I was town for just that one thing.

Why the meta test, and why would that be your only reason to think I'm town?

No, I never said you were townie, just that your reply was good enough to resolve what side I should join. You assumed I thought you were town, I don't know why, but it is something you came to on your own.
I was presented with evidence by both you and Toony, and I sought to confirm my suspicions. Your not town in my books, you just said the right thing for me to believe your side of the argument.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

Max:

Not to make a case, just to know for sure who is what.

Don't be so spineless.  You're the only person you can trust.  Be self-reliant.

Also, don't assume both sides in an argument are of opposite alignment- they can always be both town- or both scum.

Jokerman:  And you start off D2 with absolutely zero effort.  Do you have any actual cases on anyone?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:08 pm »

Max White: Oh, you've never called Jim town? Then what about this post and this post where you call his reaction 'Town Jim'? Why was your only reason for voting Toony 'I believed Jim'? Why didn't you do your own work to determine if Toony was town? Why are you constantly throwing up WIFOM with the shield of "Oh, that was just a thought exercise?"

Irony: Where are you? Why didn't you ever move your RV? Do you have any suspects?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:49 pm »

Nope, I said that is what town jim would do, but that doesn't mean he must be town jim. Although trying to figure out what one he is would be WIFOM, so not worth the effort, and instead I just go with what was before me.

Also, what do you mean only reason? Hell no. He was acting scummy on he's own, well pandar also helped a lot there. Why would you make the assertion that my only reasoning was supporting jim?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2011, 09:48:55 pm »

Because you said as much. Just now.
Quote from: Jim Groovester link=topic=87352.msg2417526#msg2417526 date=1309988789

No, I never said you were townie, just that [b
your reply was good enough to resolve what side I should join[/b]. You assumed I thought you were town, I don't know why, but it is something you came to on your own.
I was presented with evidence by both you and Toony, and I sought to confirm my suspicions. Your not town in my books, you just said the right thing for me to believe your side of the argument.
Emphasis mine.

You were riding the vote of the guy who looked town. In addition, you hardly did any scumhunting once you decided to ride the Toony bandwagon, just defending yourself and occasionally fielding a question to an inactive person. What happened to your questioning?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30