Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66682 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 2: Discussions with Death
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:33 pm »

Blargh, quote fail.
Because you said as much. Just now.

No, I never said you were townie, just that your reply was good enough to resolve what side I should join. You assumed I thought you were town, I don't know why, but it is something you came to on your own.
I was presented with evidence by both you and Toony, and I sought to confirm my suspicions. Your not town in my books, you just said the right thing for me to believe your side of the argument.
Emphasis mine.

You were riding the vote of the guy who looked town. In addition, you hardly did any scumhunting once you decided to ride the Toony bandwagon, just defending yourself and occasionally fielding a question to an inactive person. What happened to your questioning?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »

If I'm looking at evidence from both sides, and want to confirm my suspicions, then passing the character test resolves that for me. It does not imply it is the single fact I am going off.
Your interpreting what I say very poorly, almost to a level that is misleading.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:24 pm »

Max:
Nope, I said that is what town jim would do, but that doesn't mean he must be town jim. Although trying to figure out what one he is would be WIFOM, so not worth the effort, and instead I just go with what was before me.

Also, what do you mean only reason? Hell no. He was acting scummy on he's own, well pandar also helped a lot there. Why would you make the assertion that my only reasoning was supporting jim?

This is bullshit.

Here you were giving me crap for thinking you thought he was scum, even going so far as saying...

Why do I need stuff on Jim? You want me to collect evidence he is town now? How about I look for scum instead?

You may not have said he was town directly, but you damn sure meant it.

Also, you deflecting attention toward Pandar there is also completely irrelevant.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »

Dude, you asked me to show somebody was a townie. Since when do we do that?

I needed a side, I choose one, doesn't mean I was trying to buddy up to it, then you ask me to prove that the person who cast the first vote for that side is a townie for me to be justified? Like hell. You want a lynch, you prove somebody is scum, not show somebody is townie, so why would I bother wasting my time trying to show jim is town?
Refusal to get wrapped up in insanity that would no doubt go down as buddying anyway isn't saying he is town.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2011, 11:11:00 pm »

Sorry about my extended absence, things came up. Having a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things.

I needed a side, I choose one, doesn't mean I was trying to buddy up to it, then you ask me to prove that the person who cast the first vote for that side is a townie for me to be justified? Like hell. You want a lynch, you prove somebody is scum, not show somebody is townie, so why would I bother wasting my time trying to show jim is town?
Refusal to get wrapped up in insanity that would no doubt go down as buddying anyway isn't saying he is town.
Max: Why did you need a side? Why did you need a side on that issue but no others? How exactly does one decide between two sides when it's impossible and foolhardy to assume either is town?

Dariush, did we ever work out whether your vote on Toony was an RVS or not?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2011, 11:26:27 pm »

Well, fuck. Why don't you guys completely steal all my scumhunting thunder. I was going to go to link those exact same posts, you know.

Max White, if you're not outright lying then you're certainly mincing words. Saying that I responded the way 'Town Jim' would have responded, but that doesn't mean you think I'm town, is more nuance than I care to give a shit about. Mostly because it lets you wiggle your way out of things you said, like the stuff Toaster and Think0028 pointed out.

When you've got shit reasons for thinking that way, yeah, you gotta do that.

Max: Why did you need a side? Why did you need a side on that issue but no others? How exactly does one decide between two sides when it's impossible and foolhardy to assume either is town?

Dammit, everybody's beating me to the punch. Even lurkers!

When Pandar started to shield Toony and do he's best to chainsaw me, it was clear there was a team there, so thinking they were scum was justified, with or without your support.

How did you reach that conclusion, and why didn't you bring it up during Day 1?

Or maybe you did. I can't remember.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2011, 02:12:20 am »

What would doing nothing achieve? Shouldn't I try to involve myself?

Well, fuck. Why don't you guys completely steal all my scumhunting thunder. I was going to go to link those exact same posts, you know.

Max White, if you're not outright lying then you're certainly mincing words. Saying that I responded the way 'Town Jim' would have responded, but that doesn't mean you think I'm town, is more nuance than I care to give a shit about. Mostly because it lets you wiggle your way out of things you said, like the stuff Toaster and Think0028 pointed out.

Well then I guess I'm damn good at mincing words.

How did you not? Also, I think I did somewhere, point was the massive chainsawing, and panda even going so far as to demand I vote for him.

Jim, lordnincompoop, Vector: Information is valuable to the town, no doubt, valuable enough to post it here and let the scum know what you know as far as the night time goes?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2011, 03:00:01 am »

What would doing nothing achieve? Shouldn't I try to involve myself?

That was a really clever way to not answer the question.

Well then I guess I'm damn good at mincing words.

Okay.

Then you can be lynched for it.

Keep being flippant in the face of people's concerns while at the same time failing to address them. That's going to work out well for you.

How did you not? Also, I think I did somewhere, point was the massive chainsawing, and panda even going so far as to demand I vote for him.

You mean here?

Nope, that wasn't really MASSIVE CHAINSAWING. It was really all about you. Pandarsenic demanding you vote for him had nothing to do with ToonyMan, and that's the way it looked at the time.

So, again, how did you reach that conclusion? Asking "How did you not?" is not an answer.

Jim, lordnincompoop, Vector: Information is valuable to the town, no doubt, valuable enough to post it here and let the scum know what you know as far as the night time goes?

This isn't a question.

It also smells a lot like rolefishing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2011, 03:20:30 am »

What happened? Where did Meph's 'night' post go?

Everything else coming later.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2011, 04:12:07 am »

Sorry for not being around yesterday. I can't really think properly right now, though, so I'll try to fit something in later today.

What?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2011, 04:20:00 am »

Well, I'm most likely going to be lynched, I have seen how these things go. Somebody said to claim if you were a kook, but nobody said anything for any other role, so are there roles that should reveal themselves now, especially if they are about to die?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:27 am »

Max:

Again, I had misunderstood you.  However, that just adds fuel to the fire that you indeed had him as town, making you saying you hadn't even more bullshittier.

Well, I'm most likely going to be lynched, I have seen how these things go. Somebody said to claim if you were a kook, but nobody said anything for any other role, so are there roles that should reveal themselves now, especially if they are about to die?

Don't be so spineless. The day is far from over.

Claiming when a lynch is imminent is usually a good idea, especially if you have relevant information.  You're a bit out from imminent lynches, so I'd say hold back for now unless it's something you would have said anyway.

Dariush:  You mean this one?  Also, we're waiting for that content.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: IronyOwl
Jokerman-EXE: Toaster
Max White: Jim Groovester

Day ends ~10am Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2011, 11:46:27 am »

Meph:  What do you have against Think's vote?

Max White:

-snip-

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:00 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: IronyOwl
Jokerman-EXE: Toaster
Max White: Jim Groovester, Think0028

Missed it, somehow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30