Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 65840 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 3 - Claws beat Charisma
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2011, 03:35:05 pm »

LNCP:  I was hoping to draw an NK so I could get everyone to claim to me and direct the town.  No such luck.

You stated you snooped Jim N0 and Irony N1, but there's no N0.  Can you clarify?

Bluh, I meant N1 and N2.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2011, 06:48:40 pm »

The Whiteboard
IronyOwl: Toaster
Jokerman-EXE: Think0028
Vector: IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2011, 07:30:35 pm »

Right then. I'm a Reporter who also has a mind shield. Followed Dariush N1, Jim N2, nothing either time.

So, Irony. Are you still after Dariush, or have the deaths changed your mind at all?
Kind of redundant now, but what about the deaths would make me not suspicious of Dariush?

Ahem.

Dear dopps.

I'm a Survivor.

And due to my love of seeking easy ways out of difficult situations, I'm willing to collaborate with you and drive a mislynch. If you're interested in my offer, PM me.

Sorry, town, but I can't take the risks of staying at your side.
Fuck you, you treacherous maggot. Give me one good reason I should believe you're a survivor and not a dopp trying to squeeze past LYLO.

Modface, can you confirm that we're at LYLO?
I needed to confirm whether we were at LYLO first.
What was so vital about making absolutely certain it was LYLO?

D2 starts with an apology for an absense, which is fine- but he doesn't back it up with a wall of content.  He spends the rest of the day on Dariush and Max, with only a single comment toward anyone else (Jokerman)- alll people that have been under pressure already.
I had trouble refocusing, and nothing seemed like it was particularly useful or needed dealing with.

I also notice those two plus Jokerman were your primary suspects that day as well. What about that seems off to you?

Why are you voting Vector after spending all D2 focusing solely on Max and Dariush?  What makes Vector more suspicious than Dariush now?  Why is Vector's flipflopping notable when I did the same thing (without votes- I said more than once I was unsure of his alignment) not worth mentioning?
Her day-end analysis of Max seemed off to me, particularly the "these two are town, no wait nevermind he's not town at all and I could be wrong about the other one" part, and I'd like to broaden my horizons a bit for LYLO.

Your "flipflopping" seemed more like "uncertainty"- there was never, as far as I can tell, a time when you definitively called someone town or scum and then changed your mind immediately after.

In any case, I guess I'll ask the same question right back at you: What makes me suddenly more suspicious than Dariush or Jokerman? Why is both focusing on the same suspects and going after someone else suspicious? What makes my lurking/lack of content more suspicious than anyone else's?

Think, who do you suspect other than Jokerman? Have the roleflips affected your suspicions at all?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »

Oh, and somebody did something mental to me N1, but I believe my mind shield blocked it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2011, 07:53:59 pm »

D2 starts with an apology for an absense, which is fine- but he doesn't back it up with a wall of content.  He spends the rest of the day on Dariush and Max, with only a single comment toward anyone else (Jokerman)- alll people that have been under pressure already.
I had trouble refocusing, and nothing seemed like it was particularly useful or needed dealing with.

I also notice those two plus Jokerman were your primary suspects that day as well. What about that seems off to you?

As I said, you directed a grand total of one question or comment (that wasn't a reply to a question) to anyone else.  There's focusing, and then there's tunnel vision.

Why are you voting Vector after spending all D2 focusing solely on Max and Dariush?  What makes Vector more suspicious than Dariush now?  Why is Vector's flipflopping notable when I did the same thing (without votes- I said more than once I was unsure of his alignment) not worth mentioning?
Her day-end analysis of Max seemed off to me, particularly the "these two are town, no wait nevermind he's not town at all and I could be wrong about the other one" part, and I'd like to broaden my horizons a bit for LYLO.

Your "flipflopping" seemed more like "uncertainty"- there was never, as far as I can tell, a time when you definitively called someone town or scum and then changed your mind immediately after.

Fair enough on flipflopping, but the Vector attack came out of the blue- a reversal from your D2 activity.

In any case, I guess I'll ask the same question right back at you: What makes me suddenly more suspicious than Dariush or Jokerman? Why is both focusing on the same suspects and going after someone else suspicious? What makes my lurking/lack of content more suspicious than anyone else's?

I did a reread to get that post.  Dariush isn't worth lynching today*, and ever since around midday D2 I can't shake this nagging feeling that I'm being misled about Joker.  I went back to see what else I could find, and you stuck out.  As said above, I wanted more insight into why Vector popped up out of the blue.  As far as your content level, I'm reminded of SorcApp 3, so a meta-ish reason.

*Why?  If he is lynched...

Case 1:  He's telling the truth:  Game over, scum wins.

Case 2:  He's actually a dopp:  Good, but there are two other dopps in play.  I'd rather work on other dopps first.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2011, 10:46:42 pm »

I'm an Agent, and I investigated Pandar N1 and got Human, and N2 I tried to investigate Jokerman but was blocked.

Irony: I suspected Dariush a bit, but past that? I'm trying to do a clearer reread through the thread to try to gain some more leads. As for roleflips, considering I was positive both Toony and Max were scum, yeah, two of them've been unkind to my suspicions. I was having trouble reading Pandar (thus the investigation), so his flip was just information to me. And Jim I believed was town already, so.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2011, 02:36:19 am »

Great, all six people have posted and still nobody has replied to my offer. *sigh* Dopps are idiots.

I guess I won't be able to lurk through the day and will have to actually scumhunt.

Not that it will prevent me from riding the first availible bandwagon, so Irony.

Off to a reread.

Also I should stop devising plans half and hour after waking up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2011, 08:26:45 pm »

Dariush:  Survivor, no claimed tech
Irony:  Reporter with Mind Shield, N1 Follow Dariush (no action), N2 Follow Jim (no action)
Jokerman:  Medium
LNCP:  Int Sci, Snooper Bot, N1 Snooper Jim (no action), N2 Snooper Irony (Visited Jim)
Think:  Agent, N1 Pandar Human, N2 Jokerman, Blocked
Toaster:  CE Sci, Body Double
Vector:  No claim

Vector:  Are you going to claim the obvious missing role?

Think:  What was the flavor on your block?  Why did you choose Pandar and Joker to inspect?

LNCP:  Why did you choose Jim and Irony to snoop?

Irony:  Why did you choose Dariush and Jim to follow?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2011, 08:34:06 pm »

Bah, sorry for making you wait.

I'm a Psychic Warden.

I blocked Irony N1 (unsuccessfully) and Think N2 (successfully).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2011, 08:42:29 pm »

Irony:  Why did you choose Dariush and Jim to follow?
Dariush I suspected for his Toony wagoning. Jim had been giving me weird vibes, so I followed him on a hunch.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

Vector:
Bah, sorry for making you wait.

I'm a Psychic Warden.

I blocked Irony N1 (unsuccessfully) and Think N2 (successfully).

Why'd you choose those two?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »

Irony was lurking his ass off, which worried me because I was with Irony in a BYOR and he followed a similar behavior pattern.  It seems like a major scumtell for him.  Also, I wasn't going to waste the roleblock on someone like Dariush.

Think just had... I don't even know, really.  He was scum in the BM that just finished, and it feels to me that he's been holding to the side, playing a "dull" game.  There are little things that are worrying me.  I still have that big slew of posts of his that I have to run through, but the feeling at the end was that there was something wrong with him more than anyone else.

As for why I flip-flopped on Max White, I've never seen him play scum.  So, you know--asked him some questions, decided he was "townie enough for now" (because his answers were okay, if not great), got caught up in other silly shit, kept on trying to give him recommendations to improve his playstyle since I was ICing him elsewhere, and then decided that role-fishing was the last straw (and admitting to being scum was the super-last straw).  I really didn't expect him to do something like that, especially as a townie.

Pretty simple.

What I don't really like is your leading question.  What does his roleflip say about my flip-flopping?  God, I don't know--generally, other people are the ones who decide what it says.  I thought a guy was town and was right, and then I thought he was scum and was wrong?  It says my reader is imperfectly calibrated, I guess.  I'm not exactly surprised.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2011, 11:56:25 am »

The flavor suggested a psychic block, which matches up with what Vector said. I picked Panda because I couldn't read him, he seemed like a really good player, and I've never played with him. I picked Jokerman because I suspected he was scum but didn't want to wrestle the truth out of his few posts.

Vector: You going to mention those 'little things that are worrying [you]' about me?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:10 pm »

Yeah.  Like I said, I have all the posts from yesterday still saved, so I'll bring 'em out soonish.  I'm supposed to meet my parents today, though, so more likely than not I'll be interrupted in the middle.  Expect them early evening at the latest.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30