Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66446 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 3 - Claws beat Charisma
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2011, 10:40:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, hey, Think, this is pretty much your entire contribution today!

What's this?  The world's most defensive and uncaring game?  Why yes, Mr. Snugglesworth!  Yes, it is.  Why, for example, did you not pay attention when...

All:  Can anyone think of a good reason not to mass claim since it's LYLO?  I sure can't.

And I sure can't think of a reason you'd be asking this from other people without doing so yourself.

He says as he also refuses to claim.

I'll go first; I'm a Medium. The dead people of this game are a bunch of annoying cowards, and they refuse to give me any information. Oh well. We'll have to try to win without them.

Your target posted and ignored you?

Huh.  Don't actually care, do you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2011, 10:49:18 pm »

I don't think I see the obviousness you do.  You asked Dariush how he'd play as War Vet.  He answered.  Jim's comment seemed apropos of nothing, so I asked him about it.
Unless I have reason to suspect otherwise, I generally assume poor accusations are meant to get the target to jump, rather than being scummy pressure or the results of misreading.

I would've thought this was obvious.
You were mistaken.

Do you have anything to actually bring up, or are you going to continue this pretense of scumhunting?
Still eagerly awaiting your megapost, but otherwise no. Actually, what do you think of the people you're not going back to examine?

Hence why I didn't make it. I'll add that he didn't seem exactly like he always does, nor was he playing like any townie would, but nothing I could think of much traction for.

Explain.  I don't see how his behavior appeared unlike that which might be expected from town.
I meant he wasn't playing like town necessarily would, not that he was playing like town necessarily wouldn't. In context, I would've thought this was obvious.

If you mean "what was he doing that wasn't perfectly and obviously townlike," I explained that earlier: He seemed excessively blunt, focused, and aggressive. That's not exactly a scumtell, but it's not necessarily the usual or best way to play town.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »

Irony:  No, that's not what you said.  You said he

was being direct, focused, and blunt

without any mention of excess.  Why didn't you say excess earlier if you meant it?  Changing your story is a scummy move.

Jokerman:  Don't be a lurky jackass during LYLO, please.  This applies somewhat to LNCP and Think too, but Jokerman hasn't posted in days.  Meph, can you prod Joker please?  The other two are nearing (but not at) 36 silent hours.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2011, 11:19:53 pm »

a. I think that includes Toaster, LNCP, and Jokerman--the list of folks I don't have quotes on.  Jokerman I will be learning about here.  Toaster and LNCP seem like town to me.  Town enough, anyway, that I think poking through the scummier targets will be more fruitful; I've already got saved up data on them, anyhow, so I can do that work pretty easily while trying to work the other two.  Three scum, four weaker/scummier players to check through (maximum) for a single scumbucket--I like those odds.

b. Glad we both agree that it's only a pretense.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 19, 2011, 01:10:25 am »

Welp. I was really hoping Jokerman would post by the time I got back on tonight, as I read his post as suggesting he was going to post again soon. But nope! No such luck! He continues to not be here, so I continue to believe he is scum.

As for my secondary suspects, I'd have to say LNCP and Irony are my secondary suspects.

Irony: I still find your D1 actions very suspicious. Your lack of actions, to be specific. You rode an RV on someone who hadn't posted yet all the way to day end, doing your best to dodge suspicion. D2, as has been pointed out already, you rode the flow of popular opinion heavily. Finally, your opening today disregards your previous scumpicks with no mention as to why. Your answer to Toaster is definitely unsatisfying to me. Why did you decide that Vector was now your highest priority target? Beyond just wanting to get information out of her, why did you pick her for your vote, and why hasn't your vote changed?

Also, Meph: does someone with a mind shield know if they're targeted by a psychic ability?

LNCP: D1 you voted Toony for many reasons that had already been posted initially. While you expounded later, you promised a post on his case on Max that never came. D2 you reaaaaally wrestle with Dariush, ignoring pretty much everything else. You do turn to Max... again, once popular opinion turns on him. Both cases were ones I personally believed, yes, but the way you stuck to popular flow sticks out.
And now here we are at lylo, and you're gliding on through without a vote. Care to explain why?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 19, 2011, 01:12:43 am »

Welp. I was really hoping Jokerman would post by the time I got back on tonight, as I read his post as suggesting he was going to post again soon. But nope! No such luck! He continues to not be here, so I continue to believe he is scum.

You had better'd really be riding his ass, because I'm not fond of the way this looks at all.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 19, 2011, 01:28:00 am »

Jim: Who are your other suspects? I've seen you attack Max since the beginning, and it's going to be reeeeal interesting if Max is lynched, and turns out to be town - when you haven't really fielded any other suspects.

It almost feels like you're just pounding the noobie because he can't stand up to you. Yes, the things you're pointing out are there. But surely someone else catches your eye.

Right, so let me get this straight.

I've got good reason to go after Max White. But that makes me scummy, but only if he flips town.

Why, it's like your prepping yourself for a nice Day 3 argument against me.

I'm not swimming in strong leads, but Dariush has caught my eye for regurgitating the suspect lists of everybody else in the game, and also lurking like a motherfucker, just like he said he would.

And you, because you're not voting anyone, ever. You're not taking stake in how the day game plays out, so let's think about what that says about you for a second, and what alternatives there are for you if you're really as disinterested in lynching as you look.

I didn't say it made you look scummy - go ahead and check. It's interesting that you react that way, though. What I was saying was that you've spent all of D2 and the vast majority of D1 on attacking Max, and if he flips town then who are you going to have? What suspicions will you push?

In fact, I would go so far as you say you're tunneling Max pretty heavily. I think it only counts as scumhunting if you're looking at everyone; attacking one person over and over again isn't real hunting.

Yes, I'm aware of how I look to you. Got a problem with it? Throw your vote at me. I, on the other hand, hold on to mine until I find a place to put it and a reason as to why.
Jokerman: Upon rereading, something reeeeeal interesting caught my eye. In the two quotes above, you claim your issue with Jim was that he was focusing exclusively on Max, not that it was necessarily scummy to do so*... except, you explicitly mention "if he flips town" both times. If your point was what you claimed it was, wouldn't that be equally applicable no matter what Max flipped?

*You reversed this position later, of course, but at the time that was your story.

I suppose that's true. I didn't think of it at the time, but you are right.

All:  Can anyone think of a good reason not to mass claim since it's LYLO?  I sure can't.

And I sure can't think of a reason you'd be asking this from other people without doing so yourself.

He says as he also refuses to claim.

I'll go first; I'm a Medium. The dead people of this game are a bunch of annoying cowards, and they refuse to give me any information. Oh well. We'll have to try to win without them.

Your target posted and ignored you?

Huh.  Don't actually care, do you?

Sorry, but I don't follow. Was this even directed at me?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2011, 01:29:22 am »

I'm curious as to why you haven't answered his questions.

That post was, however, mostly addressed at Think.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2011, 02:28:52 am »

How's that reread coming?
Nah, fuck it.
I'm going to laugh so hard if Max flips Spore Spreader...
While I'm at it, what was the purpose of this statement? Did you really think he might be a spore spreader at that point?
Yes, I really did. And the purpose was so I could later say "I TOLD YOU SO MUAHAHAHAHAHA!".
Also, why did you take such pains to respond to hypothetical role questions as though you were that role? I assume it was to avoid slipups, but why?
Last time I answered a hypothetical question like that (in Kingmaker 2 or 3) by advising the asker to go to hell, I got under a massive attack that lasted for the whole D1 and for bit of D2. I really don't want that to happen again.

Unvote meanwhile.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2011, 05:38:47 am »

Found anything, Jokerman? Something to call your own?

Think, what are your suspicions on Jokerman D3? Apparently there's the tunnelling, and... What else? Why do you feel that way, too?

LNCP: D1 you voted Toony for many reasons that had already been posted initially.

Yanno, it feels like we've gone through this already.

Right, that's because we have. I was missing for large portions of D1, so I wasn't able to give all those timely responses that you seem to crave so much.

While you expounded later, you promised a post on his case on Max that never came. D2 you reaaaaally wrestle with Dariush, ignoring pretty much everything else. You do turn to Max... again, once popular opinion turns on him. Both cases were ones I personally believed, yes, but the way you stuck to popular flow sticks out.

I did have my eye set on Dariush, but when a person claims scum, you tend to believe them.

And now here we are at lylo, and you're gliding on through without a vote. Care to explain why?

I've been putting off participating in this for a while now. There isn't really a reason, which probably makes me a bad person, but that's the long and short of it.

LNCP:
LNCP:  Why did you choose Jim and Irony to snoop?

I chose both targets because I've had some trouble reading them reliably in the past for various reasons, and because they were both lower down on my scumlist. That made them good targets for a snooping, since I'd be less likely to spot something otherwise.

I don't follow.  How does snooping someone less scummy to you make for a good target selection?

Because, as I said, they're "less scummy" to me because I can't read them. I inspected them because I'd rather not have my bare ass in the wind if they turn out to be scum.

Since I'm doing something else Sunday, this is it, I'm afraid.
And... it didn't occur to you to extend? You weren't really planning on just walking out on LYLO, right?

This is a moot point now, but: I still had one day left, so I didn't really see the rush.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2011, 08:21:43 am »

LNCP:  Okay, fair enough.

Jokerman:
Crap

Well, there's scum #2.

Why?  LYLO with egregious active lurking?  That makes him scum or the worst townie ever, and I say the former, because if he had the slightest interest in finding scum, he'd be doing so instead of sitting on his ass all damn day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2011, 11:28:07 am »

The Whiteboard
IronyOwl: Toaster
Jokerman-EXE: Think0028
Vector: IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

Also, Meph: does someone with a mind shield know if they're targeted by a psychic ability?

Yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2011, 12:07:36 pm »

A three-way tie with seven hours to go?  No.

Extend.

Get in here and commit, people.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2011, 12:39:52 pm »

Extend. I've still quite a ways to go for my process, and I'd like my questions answered.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2011, 01:08:33 pm »

Dangit, one of these started again and I completely missed sign-ups. I will be watching this. You'll not start a new one without me noticing this time!
>:I
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30